Subs
Ayerza
Chuter
Cole
Slater
Murphy
Ford
Young
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Ospreys v Tigers

Post by WhitecapTiger »

You appear to be a Forward light on the bench Smurphs....Kitchener? (Bearing in mind RC's words that Croft will be rested this week on med advice)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Cockers will start with Cole & Ayerza, and Crane.

Maybe Kitchener for Slater on the bench - and the other sub will be TTTE.

Otherwise, side really picks itself - possibly Geordie & Tait swapping places....

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Start with Ayerza and Cole, possibly Crane on the bench?
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

We need to play our strongest team so Cole and Ayerza start and Crane on the bench ahead of Slater.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I would rest Flood. I wouldn't even put him in the squad. Just because we have the choice to be able to do it! :smt023
BG01

Post by BG01 »

Cockers will definitely start with Cole and Ayerza (& rightly so I think, Ospreys have a decent scrum and it is the only area we know we can dominate [n.b. Tandy said "There is going to be a real edge on Sunday and the scrum is going to be a big area of the game. We felt a few decisions did not go our way there in the first match at Welford Road and that is something we want to put right. "Leicester have probably not come up against a scrum like ours in the Premiership and I can imagine there will be a few penalties and free-kicks as usual. We are confident in our scrum and in our game."]).

I'm prepared to eat my words, as Thompstone will almost certainly start and may play well but I am still not impressed with him performing against very good teams. I would play Tait on the left wing and Geordan Murphy at fullback. Eitherway Murphy should be our starting fullback for now. He is exactly what we need to steady the ship again fairly quality opposition, as he showed vs Glocs.
Never believe generalisations
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I would put Cole, Ayerza and Murphy on the bench and bring them on to finish off a tiring Ospreys. Naturally the game plan will be to fall behind in the first 20 mins by about 12 points then come back into it, go back to sleep for first 10 minutes of 2nd half, give my ticker a hard time then go on to win the game. Job done.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
os99

Post by os99 »

I would go for:
1. Ayerza
2.Youngs
3. Cole
4. Deacon
5. Parling
6. Mafi
7. Salvi
8. Waldrom
9. Youngs
10. Flood
11. Tait
12. Allen
13. Tuilagi
14. Thompstone
15. Murphy

16. Chuter
17. Mulipola
18. Castrogiovanni
19. Kitchener
20. Croft
21. Young
22. Bowden
23. Morris
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

I expect to see:

Ayerza, Youngs, Cole (I think A and C will give us the advantage while M and C may only get parity from the start but are certainly stronger than their reserve props)
Deacon, Parling
Mafi, Waldrom/ Crane, Salvi (I would not be surprised to see Crane start)
Youngs, Flood
Allen, Manu
Thompstone/ Hamilton, Tait/ Murphy, Morris/ Hamilton (Tait/ Murphy is a call for Cockers to make, but like Crane I would not be surprised to see Hamilton start)

Subs: Hawkins/ Chuter, Logo, Castro, Kitchener, Crane/ Waldrom, Harrison/ Young, Ford, Murphy/ Tait

Some tricky choices there but given Cockers previous selections I wouldn't be surprised if he was conservative. I will happily be proved wrong though!!
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Smurphswillgetya: You must have been reading Cockers game plans again, I wish you hadn't let plan 'A' out quite so early in the day.

Still we do have plan 'B' to fall back on our now infamous penalty try option, Oop's sorry!

Do we have a plan 'C'? :smt035
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
publandlord
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by publandlord »

BG01 wrote:Cockers will definitely start with Cole and Ayerza (& rightly so I think, Ospreys have a decent scrum and it is the only area we know we can dominate [n.b. Tandy said "There is going to be a real edge on Sunday and the scrum is going to be a big area of the game. We felt a few decisions did not go our way there in the first match at Welford Road and that is something we want to put right. "Leicester have probably not come up against a scrum like ours in the Premiership and I can imagine there will be a few penalties and free-kicks as usual. We are confident in our scrum and in our game."]).

I'm prepared to eat my words, as Thompstone will almost certainly start and may play well but I am still not impressed with him performing against very good teams. I would play Tait on the left wing and Geordan Murphy at fullback. Eitherway Murphy should be our starting fullback for now. He is exactly what we need to steady the ship again fairly quality opposition, as he showed vs Glocs.
Agree regarding Mr Thompstone, a bit stand-offish in defence, especially when faced with a fast full frontal attack, still plenty of options for wing.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I would go for
1.Ayerza
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Deacon
5.Parling
6.Mafi
7.Salvi
8.Crane
9.Youngs
10.Flood
11.Morris
12.Allen
13.Tuilagi
14.Thompestone
15.Tait

16.Mulipola
17.Hawkins
18.Castro
19.Kitchener
20.Waldrom
21.Young
22.Ford
23.Murphy/Goneva
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

BG01 wrote:

I'm prepared to eat my words, as Thompstone will almost certainly start and may play well but I am still not impressed with him performing against very good teams.

Nothing to worry about then as the "O's" are not playing like a very good team at the moment.Now the week after could be a different matter :smt002
I expect a tremendous cup game,usually with a controversial bit thrown in for good measure, this has happened in the past.
It will be a tight nervous game to start,there's a lot at stake for both sides, but we are the team at the top of the pool and I am confident we can get a good result at the Liberty.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

For those that are going then where will the Tigers supporters be located? Are you expecting the natives to be hostile?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.