Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Ospreys v Tigers

Post by sapajo »

Same old Tigers how did we manage to throw that away :smt013

We were back to being totally predictable to a tee, tackling was truly appalling and yet again our subs were made at scheduled time like clockwork.

We kicked possession away again with regular monotony,missed touch and looked devoid of any ideas. We struggle badly against any team that unloads out of the tackle rather than choosing like us to go to ground so today was sadly no exception. We did not commit sufficient numbers to the breakdown and struggled to win any quick ball as a result but yes the Ref was clueless!

We still can win the group but we must actually start to play out of our skins if not then it will be HC early curtains for another year
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My problem is my heart shouts TIGERS! but my head says 'we have been dull, predictable and uninspired for three years apart from some flashes of genius and a short but fruitless sunny spell'.
Potentially we had had a good squad that didn't make it to the AP rostrum, we have strengthened the side IMO even further, yet we are STILL playing exactly the same.
My views are well-known, I think even the thickest happy-clapper cannot keep laying the blame on the players not delivering.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I remain optimistic of reaching the Quarter Finals but the home berths will all go to the sides winning the easiest pools by a large margin.

Roll on next Sunday! :smt038
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

jgriffin wrote:My problem is my heart shouts TIGERS! but my head says 'we have been dull, predictable and uninspired for three years apart from some flashes of genius and a short but fruitless sunny spell'.
Potentially we had had a good squad that didn't make it to the AP rostrum, we have strengthened the side IMO even further, yet we are STILL playing exactly the same.
My views are well-known, I think even the thickest happy-clapper cannot keep laying the blame on the players not delivering.
So back to 'Blame the coaches'again.We have 15 quality International players on the pitch,who for 60 out of the 80 minutes play like total strangers.At time we can't even pass the ball straight or even to hand.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Osprey's were tactically astute - in the first half they attacked up the middle exposing both Deacon and Crane who were both too slow to make the tackles playing into the hands of a live wire scrum half.
Have Osprey's suddenly become a good side? In short no.

We were just lucky that Biggar had a day when he couldn't hit a cow's back side with a shovel.

Dan Cole at least showed he's ahead of one of the fatties in the race for the Lions.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote:My problem is my heart shouts TIGERS! but my head says 'we have been dull, predictable and uninspired for three years apart from some flashes of genius and a short but fruitless sunny spell'.
............and someone said we were going to get a quarter agaist sarries! That's going to be a snore fest!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpbates wrote:
So back to 'Blame the coaches'again.We have 15 quality International players on the pitch,who for 60 out of the 80 minutes play like total strangers.At time we can't even pass the ball straight or even to hand.
They are the ones that set out the game plans!! So unfortunately they must take the blame. In all aspects of life if you are top dog the systems in place have to work correctly for each job life throws at you. RC and MOC are not exempt from that!!
My views are known and I will not change them until we play attractive, percentage kick and fluent rugby. SORRY!! :smt019
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
os99

Post by os99 »

Your obviously not a real fan then are you?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

os99 wrote:
So what you are saying is having an opinion about the team you support through thick and thin means that you are not a real fan?!

Grow up.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Going out on a limb tactically it was about right although technically it was lacking. To go to a ground like that where they haven't lost in the last 8 years, a plan to stay in touch then bring on some impact with 25 mins to go is sound and was working, till our kick chase and first up tackles led to Walker running through half the side.
Next week, I would love to see Slater in for Deacon, and Cole and Ayerza staying on till they have to be carried off, and that game is winnable.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

kpbates wrote:
os99 wrote:
So what you are saying is having an opinion about the team you support through thick and thin means that you are not a real fan?!

Grow up.
Concur KP. We are all REAL FANS in our own way!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

As unpalatable as it may be to some jg speaks a lot of sense. We have good coaches as far as they go, we need an overall planner (DOR) and a defence coach. We have the players, we don't have much idea.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

kpbates wrote:
os99 wrote:Your obviously not a real fan then are you?
I think he was joking guys...
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Darc Tiger wrote:
kpbates wrote:
os99 wrote:Your obviously not a real fan then are you?
I think he was joking guys...
Oh right....... Sorry i missed the punchline.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

os99 wrote:
On the contrary, it is feelings like that that make jg a true fan. I have to agree with jg and I too have be saying that for too many years we 'the fans' that pay good hard earned money to see the Tigers and having the quality of players the side has, it is the game plan that it goes to rat **it. It is the same old stuff and every side knows what coming and how to defend against it. It was fortunate that Biggar had a bad day other wise it would have a scoreline that really showed how poor the Tiger were. If the Tigers continue to produce the same rubbish then Toulouse won't be too worried about it. Cockers can rant and rave about refs etc but the underlying problems are the Tigers ineptitude to change the game as it evolves. As a Tiger's fan it depressing to see the same old rubbish game after game.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat