Ospreys v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Ospreys v Tigers

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

SilebyTiger wrote:Looking at their side, almost man for man we are better in every position especially with Beck and AWJ out for them. We need to get stuck into them, put Biggar under pressure and hopefully that will be enough. Crane for Waldrom is a strange one however I thought TTTE looked off the pace last week and Crane played well v Glos, plus Crane is a better ball controller at 8.

COME ON TIGERS!
I think its safe to say that at SH they have the better player, at present the worlds best, Tipric is probably better than Salvi as well.

We should be cabable of winning but this season we have been so poor most of the time that anything is possible, also our opponents the next 2 weeks can scrumage.

As for Crane over Waldrom the last time this was done for a big HC game was in Dublin, that went well didn't it..............rest is as I expected.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Roartiger

Tigers Vs Ospreys

Post by Roartiger »

:smt009 :smt039 Having seen the Team versus Ospreys I see that Cockers has left out Waldrom in place of Crane....Why???.Waldrom offers much more to the side than Crane and is a much better player.It makes one wonder if there is something that has happened between Cockers and Waldrom and I dont mean recently either.I am a big fan of Cockers and I am hoping that he is better than that.
hugh.st

Re: Tigers Vs Ospreys

Post by hugh.st »

Roartiger wrote::smt009 :smt039 Having seen the Team versus Ospreys I see that Cockers has left out Waldrom in place of Crane....Why???.Waldrom offers much more to the side than Crane and is a much better player.It makes one wonder if there is something that has happened between Cockers and Waldrom and I dont mean recently either.I am a big fan of Cockers and I am hoping that he is better than that.
Except he's not. Crane is better at the lineouts, scrums, breakdown and in defence. Crane also likes to carry in narrower channels than Waldrom and with Mafi in the side there already is a player who can carry well in wider channels. Also Waldrom came back from injury last week at Worcester and was rusty there so Cockerill could just be picking the player with better match fitness.
paula123

Do us proud lads!!

Post by paula123 »

My nerves are already on the go,I just wish it was kick off time now.I have been feeling fairly confident all week but now I'm not so sure!!!

Someone reassure me PLEASE!!!!

COME ON TIGERS DO US PROUD!!!!!!!! :smt027 :smt027
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

We currently stand in 8th position in the HC qualifying race. 4 points are barely enough at Ospreys, but will be hard enough to get!
Valhalla I am coming!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

I'm hopeful of a win, I honestly think it's about 50/50, taking home advantage and Tigers away form in the HC into account. IMO the scrum and the battle of the half-backs will be key, if Ayerza can handle, or get the better of, Jones then Tigers should dominate the scrum. Flood needs to kick his goals and if YBY/ Manu/ Tait can provide the piece of individual skill our attack relies upon then that will be the difference, unless the front row can get a penalty try!!

We are lucky they have so many injuries, it would be a better match if both sides were at full strength, but I doubt Ulster said that last year!!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am a very happy chappy just found an irish bar here in sunny Vilamoura where I can watch the match live tomorrow whilst catching some rays. Biggest ray of sunshine will be a Tigers victory :smt023

I will be back at Welford Rd for the Tolouse match and no doubt the snow?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

fleabane wrote:We currently stand in 8th position in the HC qualifying race. 4 points are barely enough at Ospreys, but will be hard enough to get!
Anything less and its game over for yet another year
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

TigerCam wrote:
fleabane wrote:We currently stand in 8th position in the HC qualifying race. 4 points are barely enough at Ospreys, but will be hard enough to get!
Anything less and its game over for yet another year

KEEP THE FAITH!!
Still keeping the faith!
Wetweatherwinger

Post by Wetweatherwinger »

So excited to pitch ourselves against the true super club of English rugger! While others can be accused of cheque book Charlies and have sold themselves to the rugby devil, Leicester have maintained an identity and a standard for all to emulate.
Another hard fought win for the Ospreys today which will lift the spirits of Welsh rugby!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Thanks for the comments wetweather! Here's hoping for a good hard match, with the best team on the day winning! Let's hope we are singing on the bus home!
Valhalla I am coming!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

fleabane wrote:We currently stand in 8th position in the HC qualifying race.
:smt017
Since we currently top our pool, the worst position we can be in is 6th.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Sorry BJ, mean 8th on points
Valhalla I am coming!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

fleabane wrote:Sorry BJ, mean 8th on points
What does that mean 8th on points? Some of the others have already played an extra game so you are not comparing like with like. Also regardless of points if we top our group the lowest would be 6th. In fact the pessimists out there are probably hoping we only get 4 points from next 2 games so that we get knocked out. Five points from the next two games will hopefully see us through.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

It means what it says. 14pts. History shows 19 might qualify, 21 sometimes not enough as runners up. Need 2 wins.
Valhalla I am coming!