Flood facing suspension - not now!!! Cleared to play

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Flood facing suspension - not now!!! Cleared to play

Post by barwelltiger »

Sky sports just said that flood could be facing suspension for his tackle on Goode! How long could he e suspended for? if found guilty??
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Flood facing suspension

Post by kingol22 »

not sure what the guideline ban is for a spear tackle. I would expect Flood to be given a 3 week ban reduced to 1 due to his good disciplinary record and the fact he will turn up to the hearing in a suit.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

As previously expressed I doubt that Toby will be available for selection against Ospreys and Toulouse. A real chance for George to shine or not?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

I think by the time all the angles have been looked at, state of the pitch the fact that Goode was moving forward and there was no malicious intent he will end up missing a game. Which one will depend on which game Cockers feels he needs him most for, and if that's the Ospreys expect an appeal.
I would be more concerned with us being without Dosssers lad for a few weeks whilst Manu is with England after he smacked their centre on the back of his neck.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

kingol22 wrote:not sure what the guideline ban is for a spear tackle. I would expect Flood to be given a 3 week ban reduced to 1 due to his good disciplinary record and the fact he will turn up to the hearing in a suit.
And Floody doesn't eat the biscuits ! :smt023
That is the worst crime to commit at a hearing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I can see him being out for a month and Smith for 2 weeks. Sincerely hope I am wrong - there was certainly no intent by Flood and he's obviously not a dirty player, but it didn't look good on the replays...
Soggypitch
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Also one reason that Goode went down head first was that the Worcester no 4 - James Percival - was holding his legs up!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Soggypitch wrote:I can see him being out for a month and Smith for 2 weeks. Sincerely hope I am wrong - there was certainly no intent by Flood and he's obviously not a dirty player, but it didn't look good on the replays...
That is a half empty glass view I think nothing will come of it as it was an accidental bad tackle which came about by a combination of events none of which were deliberate - except that Floody wanted to make the tackle. ( and Lancaster was watching ! )
I am a glass half full guy usually ! :smt030
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I hope you are right APJ and I promise to fill my glass a little fuller in the future :smt001
Soggypitch
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Warburton was given a 3 week ban for his tip-tackle in the RWC so expect something similar.
Always a Tiger
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Not even cited but some on this forum have him banged up already.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

DickyP wrote:Also one reason that Goode went down head first was that the Worcester no 4 - James Percival - was holding his legs up!
he also lay there like he was dead before springing up the second there was a penalty to kick
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
DickyP wrote:Also one reason that Goode went down head first was that the Worcester no 4 - James Percival - was holding his legs up!
he also lay there like he was dead before springing up the second there was a penalty to kick
A bit harsh, Jimmy - he missed the kick by some distance, which indicates to me that he was still a bit 'fuzzy' from the fall ?

Hope Toby avoids a citing/ban, as I did not think there was any intent to spear Goodey by him - but the way the ESPN boys were calling for a red card suggests it will get some attention :smt009
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

At the end of Saints game on sky sports they said Flood had been cited this afternoon
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

premiership rugby just tweeted: Toby Flood cited and will appear on Tuesday night after tackle on Andy Goode. Sanction low end - 4 weeks, mid range - 6 weeks.