Please note Tigers v Wasps game moved

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Please note Tigers v Wasps game moved

Post by bluntiger »

Eon wrote:We will not be buying a season ticket next year.
Me and Mrs. B decided already to not re-purchase STs for next season due to the number of changes and different KO times. The Saracens game was the last straw for us and we have now missed 4 games already this season (inc. the Saracens game which we will not be able to make) and it has already tipped the scales economically. Four seasons ago, I missed zero games, three and two seasons ago I missed 1 game, last season I missed 2 games and this season probably 4 or 5.

We'll still go to games next season, we'll just be picky - we won't bother with (and won't pay for) the LV games, or some of the smaller AP/HC games. And if we miss games due to KO changes, at least we won't have paid for the privilage.
Always a Tiger
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Its the end of the world, a fixture has been changed!!! i must instanly sell my season tickert and become a recluse.

Get a grip people. Part and parcel of supporting a top flight team.
Eon

Post by Eon »

Thanks Bluntiger.

Did you and Mrs B keep up your membership? I believe this gives access to second team games.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

For once this isn't too bad:

Notice of 14 weeks is reasonable and the kick off time is a good one - 3pm.

Still prefer Saturdays but I have far more patience with this decision than the crass Feb 23 8pm one done solely to keep ESPN happy!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

watsonjm wrote:Its the end of the world, a fixture has been changed!!! i must instanly sell my season tickert and become a recluse.

Get a grip Watson, no it isn't part and parcel of supporting Tigers. Just read how if affects people. If money is main consideration then basically the idea of buying into your club by being a season ticket holder is no longer worth it.

Every month for several years no the idea of loyalty has been eroded by the Club and the Premiership.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Isambard wrote:
watsonjm wrote:Its the end of the world, a fixture has been changed!!! i must instanly sell my season tickert and become a recluse.

Get a grip Watson, no it isn't part and parcel of supporting Tigers. Just read how if affects people. If money is main consideration then basically the idea of buying into your club by being a season ticket holder is no longer worth it.

Every month for several years no the idea of loyalty has been eroded by the Club and the Premiership.
So you expect the club to turn around to the police et al and say 'no, we're not moving the kick off'?!

I know the issue is not just around this game, but in this instance 14 weeks is decent notice and had the club told the police et al to go forth and wotsit then there would be no safety certificate for the match. Over a barrel springs to mind....
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Isambard wrote:

Unfortunately it is part of supporting the Tigers, if you want to attend games and watch one of the most successful teams in the UK play at the biggest rugby only ground in the country then you have to accept that fixtures will be moved and KO's changed for a number of reasons.

We have this discussion every time a fixture changes and it the same people complaining. Either, accept it or go and watch a team where TV commitments and large crowd control aren’t an issue and just watch the Tigers on TV.

As posted above, they have given 14 weeks notice for a change of 24 hours which IMO is more than enough.
Last edited by watsonjm on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Quite so, Whitecap!
Valhalla I am coming!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I think the point is that the situation about KO dates/times has become MUCH MUCH worse over the last four years and especially over the last two years since the involvement of both Sky and ESPN with virtually every game being televised, and especially all of the 'big' games.
Always a Tiger
Eon

Post by Eon »

"Unfortunately it is part of supporting the Tigers, if you want to attend games and watch one of the most successful teams in the UK play at the biggest rugby only ground in the country then you have to accept that fixtures will be moved and KO's changed for a number of reason."

I Don't have to accept it and won't. I'm rather hurt by the idea I support Tigers because they are big and successful. I support them because they are my local club, and will continue to do so, only less often. I'm not leaving them, they are edging away from me. It would be rude not to share this with the club.

It is simply silly to pay for tickets you can't use.
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

I don't believe anyone who says their plans have had to be changed because of this. If you're making plans in January for something in April then wedding/holiday aside, something isn't right.

Second thing is to do your research. If you can see that there's a day that Tigers and City both have home fixtures then you know there's a 50% chance Tigers game will be moved. It's not as if this is a once in a blue moon thing, it's gone on for a good number of years now.

Yes it's frustrating and the Saracens 8PM game is a joke, but don't go and start complaining about either Tigers or the football club down the road because it's 99% of the time beyond their control.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Eon wrote:I Don't have to accept it and won't. I'm rather hurt by the idea I support Tigers because they are big and successful. I support them because they are my local club, and will continue to do so, only less often. I'm not leaving them, they are edging away from me. It would be rude not to share this with the club.

I'm with you Eon, I started supporting Tigers because it was my local (big) club, having been brought up in Melton Mowbray. Why buy tickets you will simply not use?
Always a Tiger
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Eon wrote:"Unfortunately it is part of supporting the Tigers, if you want to attend games and watch one of the most successful teams in the UK play at the biggest rugby only ground in the country then you have to accept that fixtures will be moved and KO's changed for a number of reason."

I Don't have to accept it and won't. I'm rather hurt by the idea I support Tigers because they are big and successful. I support them because they are my local club, and will continue to do so, only less often. I'm not leaving them, they are edging away from me. It would be rude not to share this with the club.

Firstly im not saying you support Tigers because they are big and successful, im saying that part of that success is the fact that TV companies will want to move fixture to show them more.

Secondly If you want to attend games then yes, you do have to accept it. They are not leaving you, you are being left behind. Whether we like it or not money in rugby is getting a bigger voice, it has helped and will (i hope) continue to help grow and developed the sport across wider audiences.

Me for, it comes down to commitment. I buy a season tickets accepting that fixtures will change and because of that i may have re arrange work or family things, or maybe even miss a few. But that’s the way it is.
Eon

Post by Eon »

"Me for, it comes down to commitment. I buy a season tickets accepting that fixtures will change and because of that i may have re arrange work or family things, or maybe even miss a few. But that’s the way it is."

Agreed. It's about commitment. In my case my commitment to family, who sustain me emotionally and work, which sustains us financially are more important. I'm just a lot sad and a bit angry. This is a good place to work through it.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Eon wrote:"Unfortunately it is part of supporting the Tigers, if you want to attend games and watch one of the most successful teams in the UK play at the biggest rugby only ground in the country then you have to accept that fixtures will be moved and KO's changed for a number of reason."

Spot on Eon. I think that there were 15 kick off and date changes last season. From 18 home games that is a joke and disrespectful of the paying support. Like so many other supporters there is live rugby nearer to where I live but I too have supported Tigers for more years than I would like to admit.
The moaning on here is evidence of the dissatisfaction with the way the Club is moving its brand. People in power have calendars and the responsibility to plan in partnership with various other bodies whcih include the police. It seems to me that it is seen as acceptable to change things as often as they want.
The words fixture list should be abandoned if that is the plan and so should words like season ticket, loyalty, membership, fan etc.

Personally I would hope to be healthy enough to give my physical support and presence for another 15 years or twice as long as the average railway franchise and 4 times as long as a sponsorship deal.

Accepting poor quality of fixture planning is not acceptable. The better the club the higher the aspiration to deliver a quality experience. Or to get away from the marketing turdification if can't be sure when the game is on then why bother going?