Please note Tigers v Wasps game moved

Post by Rizzo »

Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Eon

Re: Please note Tigers v Wasps game moved

Post by Eon »

Appallingly poor customer service.

Once a ticket is sold every effort should be made to deliver the event as per contract.

There is not even an implied apology here. This is treating customers with contempt. It's not soccer, y'know, and I didn't tolerate contempt when I was watching that game.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Do the football ever change one of their fixtures every now and then,just to even things up?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

This one is no big deal but .... here we go again!
Always a Tiger
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Eon, it has been said many times that the decision to move matches is either because the broadcasters demand it (as part of their contract with the Premiership), or the Safety Committee because of a clash with LCFC, with whom we take it in turns to move.

Please put your high horse back in the stable.
Valhalla I am coming!
powderhound

Post by powderhound »

Will the club reimburse me for the rail tickets I have pre booked I dont thinks so. The club only confirmed this fixture two weeks ago. It makes you wonder why you bother with a season ticket at all we are just treated with contempt.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Eon wrote:Appallingly poor customer service.

Once a ticket is sold every effort should be made to deliver the event as per contract.

There is not even an implied apology here. This is treating customers with contempt. It's not soccer, y'know, and I didn't tolerate contempt when I was watching that game.
Whilst understanding, and sharing, your frustration I cannot agree it is "Appallingly poor customer service" from Tigers. How do you know that every effort has not been made?

Tickets are sold, as I understand it, with a 'subject to change' disclaimer plus, as fleabane infers, it is not Tigers who are moving this fixture. LCFC do have matches moved too, maybe Tigers should release notice of those just so we know

"City fixture moved Tigers match stays the same - nothing to see here headline".

I do feel for those who have made travel arrangements already that cannot be re-imbursed. Until recently I was working regularly on the continent and late changes screwed my travel plans when flights/ferries had already been paid for - and that was as a STH, knowing that I wouldn't get to all games in a season to begin with.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

powderhound wrote:Will the club reimburse me for the rail tickets I have pre booked I dont thinks so. The club only confirmed this fixture two weeks ago. It makes you wonder why you bother with a season ticket at all we are just treated with contempt.
Unused rail tickets can be refunded/exchanged.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
powderhound

Post by powderhound »

Got mixed up with the Wasps LV cup game so no rail tickets purchased yet
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I recall earlier this season that we played at home on the same day as Leicester City, so why not just move the kick offs rather than move the entire match? It's worked before.

However, I have answered my own question, LCFC are playing Birmingham, which I would assume would be a sell out, we are playing Wasps which I would guess would get 20,000+. Perhaps too much for the Police to cope with, but definitely too much for East Midlands trains to cope with.

It would seem that on this occasion, as both teams have big games, we've been put second. I am not too annoyed assuming that next time this happens, I.E two big games on the same day, LCFC are moved.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

This kind of thing is a joke and does affect people's lives.

We are house sitting for a week around then and the date of the WAsps game, the only game in April at Welford Road, was a key factor in our domestic discussions.
Eon

Post by Eon »

Sorry, fleabane, if my high horse obstructed your view of my point, and of the supine and swaybacked camel aside it in my figurative stable.

My daughter works Sundays. The decision to not buy a season ticket is made on the number of Sunday games. I may not attend alone, but will seek company before I decide whether I attend. She does not have that option. We will not be buying a season ticket next year.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I fully understood the reasoning behind moving games to avoid clashes, until Sky stepped in earlier this season and then everyone bowed down to the broadcaster's pound. Including the police. LCFC vs Derby and Tigers vs Bath - two of the biggest games in both clubs' calendars and they both took place on Saturday. I for one had no problems.

Having proved a point why change this one, it's only a LV Cup game so nowhere near a sell out at WR? Oh yes, dosh, mazooma, folding readies. Not as a carrot, just not on offer. It doesn't really affect me, just irritates like hell and it does leave a smell of pooh in the air.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Thanks for posting this, Rizzo :smt001
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

GS wrote:Having proved a point why change this one, it's only a LV Cup game so nowhere near a sell out at WR? Oh yes, dosh, mazooma, folding readies. Not as a carrot, just not on offer. It doesn't really affect me, just irritates like hell and it does leave a smell of pooh in the air.
It's the AP fixture in April that's been moved isn't it? Not the LV Cup fixture in a couple of weeks in Jan...... :smt017
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.