Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Boris Stankovich

Post by physiodan »

How long is Boris contracted for?

I wonder if this could be a final season for one of the best prop to have embraced the tigers colours? With 4 world class prop infront of him, could this be his last season before a payout at another club?

Elsewhere he could play week in week out but at Tigers he has too much competition. I hope we can keep his services but I feel he now is better suited to a club who needs him to play weekly. Newcastle, Exeter and Worcester spring to mind for next season.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Boris Stankovich

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I think that Boris has a girlfriend who lives in Bath? I would imgaine that as he is a prop and Bath need help with their pack, that could be a club for him. Also he is plus 30 and played for us, so seems a good fit for Bath :smt002
There is never any points for 2nd place...
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Glory be-first rule of thumb..
NEVER SELL A DECENT PROP !!!!!!!

The fact we have six is immaterial-their workload is 200% more than anyone else
Any Coach would snap his hand off, asap-especially Bath

Plus you need 2 decent No 10's and 2 decent No 7's
The rest mould in !!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I am sure you start this post with best intentions and the interrst of the player. But can you imagine how he would feel if he were to read this?
Does this not smack of "clear off we don't want you any more"?
Boris is a Tiger, if he is happy to stay , then he should be made welcome. As has been said top props are a rare beast and we need all the ones we can find a place for.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

tigerburnie wrote:I am sure you start this post with best intentions and the interrst of the player. But can you imagine how he would feel if he were to read this?
Boris is a Tiger, if he is happy to stay , then he should be made welcome. As has been said top props are a rare beast and we need all the ones we can find a place for.
I want Boris to stay, as stated and my heart says he should but my head is with Boris never getting a game if we have a fit Ayerza, Mulipoli and Castro. Boris needs to play rugby, that what he is contracted to do but his chances with those three able to play LH will now be more limited by the way we have played. If happy to stay then yes lets sign him up but I feel for his enjoyment, bench warming is not what he will want to do.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

physiodan wrote:
I want Boris to stay, as stated and my heart says he should but my head is with Boris never getting a game if we have a fit Ayerza, Mulipoli and Castro. Boris needs to play rugby, that what he is contracted to do but his chances with those three able to play LH will now be more limited by the way we have played. If happy to stay then yes lets sign him up but I feel for his enjoyment, bench warming is not what he will want to do.
Fair enough, but have you asked him? posts like this,if read by the person it is written about could possibly cause upset or even resentment. He's a big lad and I'm sure he(and his agent) are best positioned to judge what is in his best interests and I'm sure the club will be managing the clubs resources to meet all our needs.
Suggesting someone should leave is not a very nice thing to do, how would you like it if some one did the same thing where you work?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

tigerburnie wrote:I am sure you start this post with best intentions and the interrst of the player. But can you imagine how he would feel if he were to read this?
Well said, Boris will come into his own during the 6 nations when Logo has to switch to TH- he is a crucial part of the squad. Hopefully he will stay!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

tigerburnie wrote: As has been said top props are a rare beast ...
Especially Sontaran props. See here.

Sorry Boris. :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

PM76 wrote:
Well said, Boris will come into his own during the 6 nations when Logo has to switch to TH- he is a crucial part of the squad. Hopefully he will stay!!
What about Balmain. Some on here are suggesting that he should start ahead of Castro so surely he will start ahead of Mulipoli at 3. Also there is a chap call Ayerza?
tigerburnie wrote:Fair enough, but have you asked him? posts like this,if read by the person it is written about could possibly cause upset or even resentment. He's a big lad and I'm sure he(and his agent) are best positioned to judge what is in his best interests and I'm sure the club will be managing the clubs resources to meet all our needs.
Suggesting someone should leave is not a very nice thing to do, how would you like it if some one did the same thing where you work?
I am not in the position to ask him as I do not know him personally. Neither am I suggesting he should leave because he is of no use in a Tigers shirt, what I was suggesting is how useful he may be in another shirt eleswhere. He would be 1st choice at many other premiership clubs and play a great deal more and as a fan of rugby aswell as Tigers I would rather see him playing than not.

My question at he forefront is how long have we got him contracted for?
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

physiodan wrote:
PM76 wrote:
What about Balmain. Some on here are suggesting that he should start ahead of Castro so surely he will start ahead of Mulipoli at 3. Also there is a chap call Ayerza?
Over the 6 nations Tigers play Welsh, Quins, Sarries and Sale, 4 games which will go a long way to determining the final league standings. Boris will be involved in the 23 in those games even if he's not starting. He's also only an injury away from making the "first choice" 23. We are currently seeing how valuable Brett Deacon is as 3rd choice and Boris may not be first choice but he is very valuable and I would like to see him stay. I don't think there is a better third choice LH around in the Prem or Magners, and only the best French clubs (Toulon, Clermont and Toulouse) could claim better. He is also a player who demonstrates the ethos of the club etc.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Actually, I think our props are as good as, if not better than all bar possibly Toulon. Either way we are certainly very blessed in this department
We just need a real pacer on the wing --and inside centre....
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I have to agree with tigerburnie - I find this type of thread really insensitive, and quite offensive to the player. It is absolutely pointless. :smt013
Valhalla I am coming!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

BJ. wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: As has been said top props are a rare beast ...
Especially Sontaran props. See here.

Sorry Boris. :smt002
I've always thought that apologies are best done face to face, don't you BJ? :hammer:
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
blocky_head7
Tiger Cub

Post by blocky_head7 »

I will never forget the game where Boris had to come into the side having been relatively un heard of. At every scrum I heard the likes of Jordan Crane, Castro and Chuter shouting big scrum Boris...and every scrum he devastated! He then played the final and played very well (although I think we lost)

Even still, Boris will always be a Tiger to me. If he moves on, I will remember him wearing green white and red. If he doesnt then even better for the tigers. Practical side of things, is it worth building him up as a scrum coach on top of playing him. He will keep the tigers secrets safe and sound then!!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

If Boris is reading this after an orange juice at the C@H, for gawds sake please stay !!!

We cannot sell/allow to leave-top quality props !!