Annual AGM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Annual AGM

Post by Old Hob »

Isambard wrote:Did anybody explain what the 200k staff payment was for. Annoyingly it is listed as just that without saying anything.

Where did this information come from? I was commenting on a sanitised newspaper article which had little information in it (see original post). If there is a full report please point me at it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bill W (2) wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: To say it isn't worth going you are really abdicating your position ,you had your chance and basically blew it.

Bill it's not aimed, it is basically stating the obvious,if you are unhappy with a situation in life and have the opportunity to voice your concerns. To not do so is surely just compounding the problem,for both sides. Dodging the situation is not going to get anything done is it?
As you say.

You should not dodge the situations as you frequently do.

Rather you should listen and learn.[/quote]

Bill, I'm not dodging, it is you who has voiced your concerns on here,you had the chance at the AGM, the platform to voice your concerns and you chose not to go.If it was not worth travelling when you are so clearly unhappy with the boards decisions re the coaches. Just what would have to happen before you do find it worth travelling?
Now that is dodging the issue here.
You complain and do nothing about it, what exactly am I to listen and learn to? Do I deduce from this that it is better to complain and do nothing and then after the event complain some more, for another year untill the next AGM?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

[quote="tigerburnie"}

You complain and do nothing about it, [/quote]

With the greatest respect you have absolutely no idea what I do about it.

It is totally unnecessary for me to drive 100 miles (200 miles round trip) to attend an AGM to make my vuews known and discuss them with Directors.

They are happy to disciss them.

Do you not enjoy such privalege?

I wonder why?
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

You know why Bill, I live in another country and therefore do not buy a season ticket as I cannot attend the games. So I am not a shareholder and I do not have the option to attend the AGM of the club I have supported all my life.
If you have indeed expressed your concerns to the board and coaches,why do you feel the need to try to whip up discontent on here? Did they not listen to you? or did you not get the answer you had demanded?
You(and others)have expressed on here that Richard Cockerill and/or Matt O'Connor are dismissed,what did the directors say to that proposal ?
I get the distinct feeling that since the start of last season , when we had players away at the world cup and many long term injuries and made a very poor start to the season, you (and others) have had an agenda to try and cause a "groundswell" of discontent(I put that in italics because I am quoting one of your fellow naysayers).
If I am wrong here in my assumption as to this agenda, could you explain why you continue on from last season in critising the team(the coaches are part of the team)and insisting that changes must happen?
As some one who does not have access to the board as you seem to do, I am curious to know what is being planned, that our board is not telling the fans.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Hi tigerburnie, just for info, I don't think you need to be a STH to buy shares - I understand you can buy them on a Channel Islands stock exchange at £2.00 each (presumably plus charges).
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

h's dad wrote:Hi tigerburnie, just for info, I don't think you need to be a STH to buy shares - I understand you can buy them on a Channel Islands stock exchange at £2.00 each (presumably plus charges).
I didn't know that, I had always thought they were given to the fans and were not for sale, not something I have ever thought about. Thanks for that I will investigate that a little further, I wonder if there is a minimum amount you have to buy?
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

Interesting thread. Did anyone else notice the large increase in pension charge this year, as disclosed in note 5 to the accounts? It was £425k in the current year v only £191k in the prior year. I wonder what caused that large increase? I suppose it could be related to the departure of Mr Clayton
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I'd assume it was topping up DC's pension pot upon his retirement as compensation for loss of office under the terms of his contract.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

But making assumptions is not the way for a public company to go about its business. It should print the basic facts in its report which all shareholders receieved.

I bought my shares at £1 each many years ago.
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

I think you will find that the "basic facts" required by Company Law are all in there, as otherwise the auditors would not put their name to it
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

As ian23 suggests, "the basic facts" are in the accounts and all of the required disclosures are presented there.

A public company is not required to identify individually who the money is paid to and in what proportions. Making assumptions when reading a company's statutory financial statements is in fact pretty much essential due to the level of disclosure required by law. Companies rarely (if ever) disclose any more than they have to.