Change of match day? Am I stupid?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Change of match day? Am I stupid?

Post by Isambard »

For those who might quickly rush to answer question two this is in fact one question with two parts. For the semantic and pedantic please look away now.

My 2012 diary first had the words "Heineken third weekend" written above Friday.

It then has 3.40pm Treviso written in the space that is Saturday 8th December. In a different pen indicating a later date of writing.

Until yesterday I believed this to be true.

When and how was this change announced. I receive club emails far too often and look at this site several times a week, so am I stupid?

The trick question three is whether we know the precise details of matches 5 and 6? If so should I bother to enter them in my new diary?
Perhaps I should plan my social life regardless and then find I am unable to attend whichever god given time slot WR is given?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Change of match day? Am I stupid?

Post by WiggoTiger »

Arrange your social life, the matches will be all over the place! :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

ta muchly wiggo.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Isambard wrote:When and how was this change announced. I receive club emails far too often and look at this site several times a week?
A quick flick through the news archives has revealed this.
Isambard wrote:So am I stupid?
Only you can decide. :smt002
Isambard wrote:The trick question three is whether we know the precise details of matches 5 and 6?
Not yet, we'll have to wait until after Round 4. The TV companies will then decide which matches they want to televise and when. Don't take this as gospel but I wouldn't be surprised if our last home match v Toulouse is a 3pm k/o on Sun 20 Jan.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

Sadly,the supporters, who are the lifeblood of the competition, are not in the equation when it comes to who plays where and when.

Making travel arrangements and hotel bookings,have to be done to cover entire weekends,or take a chance by leaving it late to boo :smt013 k.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Yes it is a joke at our expense.
Eon

Post by Eon »

So thats another match missed, and one more disappointment

It all becomes part of the decision about how much value for money the season ticket represents. I would certainly not buy a ticket in advance for a music event on an undetermined date.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I think that this is something Tigers board will become more aware of. The marketing department go ott already about anything and everything. With six more years of recession promised how many more will be priced out of the Tigers' Supporters Club, aka season ticket holders who miss many matches?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Have to agree with every sentiment expressed but the people I really feel sorry for are the visiting Treviso supporters who have booked their return flights for Sunday morning and afternoon and now have pay and extortionate amount to book another flight or not come at all and be left with an unused ticket and lost airfare.

Who will refunding this money - NO-ONE I SUSPECT.

I was one of those a couple of years ago who was treated by the Italians to a wonderful day out by coach, free food, free wine, free transport. Please make the responsible authority (ourselves must be ready to be counted) investigate who has lost out by the change and make the correct gesture by refunding any and all lost money.
Hehehehehehehehe
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

That is a good moral standpoint. Even Starbucks are now pretending at ethics. It is time that Tigers and a few other larger clubs stood up to the television people 1) by insisting on a fair contract 2) by applying it.

Oh dear we can do nothing about it executives and directors are as useless as poor quality toilet paper and biros with no ink.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Having not realised until the night before that the Bath match had changed its time to 12.30 - we couldn't go at that time so had to miss it - and having been unable to attend two previous Sunday matches, I checked on BBC early last week and am sure it stated Tigers were playing at 3.40pm on Saturday. So again we had only a couple of days notice of the Sunday 3pm kick off. Fortunately we were able to make it this time.

Changing times and days for every match is ok if you do not wish to do anything regularly at weekends apart from watching rugby. But we have other regular commitments as well, so the constant changing of kick off times causes havoc with our family activities.

Obtaining a season ticket is becoming a waste of money. It looks likely that in future we will just buy tickets for a few matches after the time and day is finalised.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Pete wrote:Having not realised until the night before that the Bath match had changed its time to 12.30 - we couldn't go at that time so had to miss it - and having been unable to attend two previous Sunday matches, I checked on BBC early last week and am sure it stated Tigers were playing at 3.40pm on Saturday. So again we had only a couple of days notice of the Sunday 3pm kick off. Fortunately we were able to make it this time.
I wouldn't trust the BBC to update their details. They are notoriously slow in doing so and, on some occasions, don't even bother. The fixture list on this site should be your first port of call for checking kick-off dates and times or, failing that, telephone the ticket office.

FYI The details for the Bath match were announced on 11 Oct here.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

For those who use electronic diaries it is worth syncing with the Tigers link so at least that diary will be updated. However, it then requires yout to (a) notice and (b) update the paper calendar hanging up in your kitchen so that certain other people are also aware :smt053
MJB

Post by MJB »

BJ. wrote:I wouldn't trust the BBC to update their details. They are notoriously slow in doing so and, on some occasions, don't even bother.
As I may have mentioned before, the BBC don't seem too worried about checking the facts. Their report of yesterday's match says:

'Ref: Pascal Gauzere (France).' That's not how I spell 'George Clancy (Ireland)'.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Indeed, MJB. Originally, the BBC has us scoring four tries and Treviso just two. They had omitted our penalty try and the one by Christian Loamanu. However, after a couple of terse emails from yours truly, they finally got their act together.