Rugby League World Cup Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

thunderbirds

Rugby League World Cup Final

Post by thunderbirds »

I was thinking of going to this as Ive never been to a rugby league match and the final tickets are very reasonable. Obviously I don't want to miss a Tigers match so does anyone know whether the RFU will avoid clashing with the final or is the final in the evening (doesn't say in the ticket info)
BillCarr85

Re: Rugby League World Cup Final

Post by BillCarr85 »

Long time message board reader, first time poster.

Just bought tickets for this myself as I'm based in the north west. Looks like fantastic value to me. Essentially the best rugby league on display all year and at the joint-greatest stadium in the world! (along with WR of course).

If I was based down south I'd give serious consideration to the semi final double header at Wembley.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

1. The RFU don't determine the KO time of Premiership games. They are set by the Prem clubs themselves in agreement with PRL, local police, TV broadcasters etc. Don't expect Tigers to change any KOs to avoid clashing with the RL World Cup Final.

2. I wouldn't like to say what time the Final KO will be as there are arguments for both early & late KOs. English Rugby League seem to favour evening KOs as they are appealing to the RL public & also to Sky's RL schedules. However, as the final is highly likely to feature either Australia or New Zealand (or possibly both!) then an early KO might appeal more to the Antipodean broadcasters as they could possibly be able to show the game live and still draw a reasonable TV audience.

Either way, you will be pleasantly surprised by the Final I think. Rugby League is a good spectator sport (despite what some RU stick-in-the-muds on here may say). I've been watching domestic & and International RL for almost as long as I've been watching Union. Personally I prefer Union but League is a strong second place in my sporting affections.
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Thanks. I think I'll get the tickets and hope!Can't believe that I can get a family ticket for £75 - yes theyre not good seats but i can't imagine the Union world cup will have such reasonable prices.