Six nations Ballot

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kettleboy

Six nations Ballot

Post by Kettleboy »

Hi

I had a form for the season tickey holders Autumn interntionals ticket ballot, is there such a thing for the Six nations? if so when is it usually.

Does anyone one know what the allocation to season ticket holder ratio looks like?

Cheers
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Re: Six nations Ballot

Post by Dave Angel »

I can tell you that the ratio of available tickets to STHs is not good!

A chunk of the club's allocated International tickets go straight to Tigers Events to be used by the club for "official" hospitality packages...and the club's allocation isn't exactly huge in the first place as each club in England (from Prem down to the amateur clubs in the very bottom tier of the RFU's league ladder) are able to get an allocation for each International.

I am happy to be corrected but as I recall, allocations for each club are based on the number of regular teams fielded and the level of league the club plays in, so Prem teams get more than teams in Essex 3 but clubs with regular 2nd/3rd/4th XVs get more than those with just a 1st XV. Basically, allocations are not based on non-playing membership figures.

All this means that there are potentially well over 10,000 Tigers members who could each apply for a pair of tickets to each home England International, but there are probably less than 100 tickets available (after Tigers Events have taken their allocation) to be distributed.

In all the years of trying I think I only ever got 2 pairs of tickets via Tigers and one of those pairs was for England v Italy.
Kettleboy

Post by Kettleboy »

Oh dear, worse than I thought.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

On the flip side, not all of the members apply for tickets and of course you have to be in it to win it so for the cost of a stamp it is worth a try if you want tickets and wouldn't be able to get them any other way.

However the admin charge PER TICKET that Tigers charge is excessive in my opinion. Why charge it per ticket rather than per application. It costs them no more to stick 2 tickets in an envelope than 1!
I belive that Tigers end up charging more in "admin fees" for England tickets than Ticketmaster do and we all know what a bunch of money-grabbing shysters Ticketmaster are!
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

Must be honest I've been quite fortunate over the years and am more often than not successful through the ballots, like the saying goes 'you have to be in it to win it.'

Don't forget you can apply through the ERSC, but of course there are no guarantees plus not forgetting the membership fee.

Another option to you is your local club. I bet if you get chatting at your local pub or at work you'll find someone affiliated to a club who could help you out. The more tickets a club can sell the more they are likely to be allocated next time.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

unless they are a big club. Hope in hell not a chnace i think is the average situation.
Col_B
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Col_B »

Forgot to mention, if you are already a member of the ersc you can get tickets for the Italy fixture on the 10th March now. :smt023

I appreciate it's not the sexiest fixture of them all but it's still a good day out.