Over 20,000!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Over 20,000!

Post by BJ. »

mike wrote:I can't believe that the actual crowd was 20,000 plus.
It wasn't. As mentioned above, the total number of tickets sold was 20,000+ but this figure included all ST holders, whether they were at the match or not.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Eon

Post by Eon »

It is entirely possible that an audience member is t0o engrossed with the unrolling narrative of violence and exhilaration to distract themselves with ritualized noise making, and displays of waving and jumping behaviour.

I am often muttering my engagement with quiet obscenities, too engrossed in the tensions and triumphs unrolling to care much about those not proximate to me.

I'm also firmly of the opinion that players and officials who might improve their performance in response to inarticulate noise from the crowd are too easily distracted to be worth their fee.

And while I love the sounds, and silences, of Welford Road, I'm afraid I find excessive structured vocal interventions too trivial for my attention.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

I believe they count season tickets plus what's sold as the announcement always specifically says "tickets sold for today's game 20000" or whatever the number
Must say the Crumbie is never lacking in atmosphere though there were a few spaces & our "windbreaks" were absent. Serious words to be had on Sunday :smt001
Pip
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

Attendance is always the number of Tickets sold/given away. Not unreasonable as you can only sell the ticket once.

All premiership clubs do it I believe.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

[quote="LE18"]I still cannot work out if they include every season ticket holder in the total, regardless of whether they attend or not, figure included a lot of youngsters yesterday who had been in the prima cup, but overall I think supporters are a bit frustrated by tigers, it usually takes us 10 mins to get our hands on the ball, we often get behind in those minutes by giving away penalties, we then eventually get going, trying to play catch up and often spoil good moves by silly errors, very frustrating for us.[/quote]

Yes they count all tickets sold i.e. season tickets are sold so counted for every match they cover
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Looking at it another way - even counting all the ST seats sold - some 14,500 - it still leaves 6,000+ tickets sold for the particular game: a few of our rivals would love to have.

Read this thread and then went and had a look on my Sky+ recording and I must say that, in truth, the ground doesn't look any emptier than usual.

I wouldn't have been surprised by a fair few no-shows, however, given that England / NZ was on telly directly afterwards.
Last edited by DickyP on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

tigerman wrote:This forum is just moan moan moan, we are never going to win every game every season & be champions every season but the players are trying their hearts out to do that. If you could do better you would be playing for the tigers. so try supporting your team for once.
yes, there's a lot of moaning (there's even some in your post), but there is also a lot of objective criticism. What isn't in doubt is that the people on here support the team (guest posters of opposition teams apart) and to suggest otherwise is pretty facile.