FT England 38 NZ 21 - you couldn't make it up!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Eng Vs NZ

Post by physiodan »

Here's to another demoralising loss. Just glad I am away watching Tigers and have to be elsewhere after the final whistle.

Here's my Team:

1. Corbs 2. Youngs 3. Cole
4. Parling (Capt) 5. Launchberry
6. Johnson 7. Wood 8. Morgan
9. Youngs 10. Burns (Flood if fit)
12. Barret (Should be Twelvetrees) 13. Tuilagi
11. Biggs 14. Ashton 15. Goode

16. Paice (no one else) 17. Vunipola 18. Wilson
19. Lawes 20. Haskell
21. Care 22. Burns (if Flood fit)/Twelvetrees 23. Biggs
Brianf

Re: Eng Vs NZ

Post by Brianf »

Hi physiodan, who would be your other winger as Biggs is playing and on the bench.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Brianf wrote:Hi physiodan, who would be your other winger as Biggs is playing and on the bench.
My appologies. I meant to put Joseph on the bench
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

physiodan wrote:Here's to another demoralising loss. Just glad I am away watching Tigers and have to be elsewhere after the final whistle.
I've got front row tickets at Twickenham :smt009 :smt010 :smt009

As a friend said - at least I will see some flowing rugby, just not from England
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Alatoruk wrote:
physiodan wrote:Here's to another demoralising loss. Just glad I am away watching Tigers and have to be elsewhere after the final whistle.
I've got front row tickets at Twickenham :smt009 :smt010 :smt009

As a friend said - at least I will see some flowing rugby, just not from England
Be careful you are not opposite Hore! And if you are remember these words of advice "Duck"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BBC confirming that Toby is out and Farrell likely to start as 10.
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

jgriffin wrote:BBC confirming that Toby is out and Farrell likely to start as 10.
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
What good news, don't think i'll bother to watch.
You know what Farrell will do, kick (sorry kick poorly) and watch the Blacks cut us to bits on the counter!
Give Burns a run, please. :smt017

(At least it will keep Toby fit for us and the HC)
Last edited by Hull Fan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

With many other coaches it'd be a case of 'Oh well, we're going to get hammered, let's at least try out a few new ideas for future reference' but no, with this team of managerial dullards it'll be more of the same that hasn't worked in the past and certainly won't work against possibly the best rugby team that's ever taken the field. With no opposing 7 to contest the breakdown the ABs won't let the ball touch the floor for 80 minutes and there's simply nothing this England team will be able to do to stop them. Manu won't even be able to make any ground as his battering ram approach won't work against Nonu and Smith.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

At least with Toby out it is one less Tigers player at risk of a kiwi cheap shot. I will watch this game with the sole hope of seeing all remaining Tigers players come away without injury.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

At least this should get rid of Farrell devotees for the foreseeable future. Though the slight problem is that we are actually quite solid, and Farrell doesn't make us likely to lose by lots more, just significantly reduces our chances of scoring and winning in the event that we do have any possession. Burns would be far better with the ball, but very green and certainly not a test level place kicker yet. Another couple of hours of misery seems inevitable, including for Youngs if he starts at 9 given that Farrell will be about 15 yards behind him.
Joe The Tigers Fan
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Jose wrote:At least this should get rid of Farrell devotees for the foreseeable future. Though the slight problem is that we are actually quite solid, and Farrell doesn't make us likely to lose by lots more, just significantly reduces our chances of scoring and winning in the event that we do have any possession. Burns would be far better with the ball, but very green and certainly not a test level place kicker yet. Another couple of hours of misery seems inevitable, including for Youngs if he starts at 9 given that Farrell will be about 15 yards behind him.
This may work for Youngs. I can see the AB back row licking their lips with the opportunity to destroy the golden child of rugby. With their minds on other targets there may be the occassional gap in which BY breaks, is backed up by Ashton who fails to back him self and throws a pass not worthy of Yorkshire 5 let alone the Autumn Internationals.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Pressure is off so might as well cut loose. My team would be:

1. Corbs
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Parling (Capt)
5. Launchberry
6. Haskell (he knows the SH game better than most so could be useful at breakdown)
7. Wood
8. Morgan
9. Youngs
10. Burns (best English 10 at the mo)
12. Tuilagi (he should have some fun outside Burns but also get him running at DC - hopefully knock him off his game!)
13. Joseph (not going to run through AB's - need some guile in the backs)
11. Biggs (a proper left wing)
14. Ashton
15. Goode
os99

Post by os99 »

I would go for:
1. Corbisiero
2. Youngs
3. Cole
4. Parling
5. Launchbury
6. Robshaw
7. Wood
8. Morgan
9. Youngs
10. Burns
11. Biggs
12. Allen
13. Tuilagi
14. Ashton
15. Goode
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Interesting that people still have Morgan in the side, from rewatching the match it was clear Morgan was not fit enough, he spent much of the second half puffing trying to avoid getting involved.

If I was a London Irish fan I'd be worried that Corbs does serious damage to his knee.
os99

Post by os99 »

I'd definitely pick Morgan over Waldrom, otherwise Crane would be starting for Leicester!