Lea Mears song

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lea Mears song

Post by MrPartridge »

Get ready for his first line out tomorrow....and all together for a chorus of...

'Little Lee Mears
Has got big ears
When he throws the ball
It will end in tears

With a nick nack patty wack
Give Lee Mears a smack
How did he win an England cap?'

It made me laugh the first time a friend told me...

Maybe we could have more chants made up via the forum... it would make a nice change from chanting 'Tigers' every game. Even a chorus of 'We've only got one song' would be a nice diversion on a cold match day...
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Lea Mears song

Post by parkerd68 »

Not so sure I'm willing to sing it considering the erratic nature of our line out recently!

Funny though. :smt003
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

MrPartridge wrote:Even a chorus of 'We've only got one song' would be a nice diversion on a cold match day...
Now that made me laugh! The "we've been here since 1880 when it was just a field" crowd will not allow us to sing/chant anything but Tigers! You could argue there are two songs as one involves clapping! :smt015
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Northenlad wrote:
Now that made me laugh! The "we've been here since 1880 when it was just a field" crowd will not allow us to sing/chant anything but Tigers! You could argue there are two songs as one involves clapping! :smt015
Lets not move on to soon,I'm still trying to learn the words!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Good point Northenlad - I forgot that we have two versions of the 'TIGERS' song. I think on considerations I prefer the clapping one...

Quite curious though that a working class sport like football generates lots of amusing songs and yet the middle class rugby fans can't come up with anything more original than shouting 'TIGERS' again and again.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

MrPartridge wrote:Quite curious though that a working class sport like football generates lots of amusing songs and yet the middle class rugby fans can't come up with anything more original than shouting 'TIGERS' again and again.
I support all sports in Leicestershire.

Most football songs however are derogatory to the opposition and whilst the game atmosphere at City can be far better when the fans are in full song, it is not appropriate to sing the same kind of chants that they do.

We just need some simple chants that generate enthusiasm to join in and the vast majority get bored quickly with our "2" chants!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?