Two matches in Leicester on Saturday

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Two matches in Leicester on Saturday

Post by BJ. »

Tigers v Bath kicks off at 12.30 and Leicester City v Derby County kicks off at 17.20. So much for all the safety wallahs saying they won't allow two matches on the same day regardless of kick-off times.

Hold on ... just a minute, I've just realised both matches are being televised. To hell with the H&S rulings, the great gods Sky and ESPN are in town!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Two matches in Leicester on Saturday

Post by GT1 »

I bet the Treviso fans who can't make the match on Sunday week due to day change will love reading this! :smt013
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Its very annoying as LCFC have rarely had to change their games over the years. :smt013
Why oh why do we have to avoid two games on one day? Lets face it we always had about 40000 around when both played. Far enough apart to avoid fan issues.....usual H&S rubbish. Lets face it at Twicks 80000, footbaall at MU 75000, the Gunners 50000, Magpies 55000.......those cities don't cry about parking.
Sort it out LCC and get park and rides sorted properly!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Both clubs have agreed that there should be no safety issue as long as the kick-off times are 4 hours apart, and this weekend the police and safety wallahs have agreed a trial. TV has meant the Tigers match has been brought forward to 12.30, giving a 5 hour gap.

For whatever reason, the same arrangement was not permitted for the Treviso match, and it was our turn to change days.
Valhalla I am coming!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

It's just the inconsistency I cannot understand.

Tomorrow there's an East Midlands derby between the Foxes and the Rams which I'm sure will attract a large gate and earlier there's the renewal of an old rivalry between oursleves and Bath.

I fail to see how tomorrow's fixtures can be considered less of a safety issue than those scheduled for the following weekend (Tigers v Treviso and LCFC v Barnsley).
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

WiggoTiger wrote:Its very annoying as LCFC have rarely had to change their games over the years. :smt013
The football & rugby clubs take it in turns to move their KOs if there is a clash. Therefore City will have moved pretty much the same number of games as Tigers will have done over the last few seasons. (This has been the practice for around 4 or 5 seasons now.

The difference is that you probably only notice the Tigers KOs moving, not the City ones as th Tigers website doesn't need to notify fans that their KO is unchanged!
Rhino33
Tiger Cub

Post by Rhino33 »

The only downside was having the early kick-off meant we had a group of "fans" near us who decided they could make this a double header all day event.

None of them were wearing any supporter gear from either club, though there was a 3 lions beanie on show. Super Dry had taken a lot of money from them.

They were not at all happy with rugby culture, wanted to whistle the kickers, mocked the fans who shooshed them. They made jeuvenile shouts to Biggs about his hair.

The tension near them on the terrace was noticeable.

You know if it hadn't been an excuse for an early drink they wouldn't have come, and if the game had been on another day wouldn't have bothered either.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Did they come from a land with no pubs?