Campaign for Real Rugby?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Artuin
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Campaign for Real Rugby?

Post by Artuin »

Totally agree, but how can we (fans) undo what the RFU seem bent on doing? :smt017
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Artuin wrote:Totally agree, but how can we (fans) undo what the RFU seem bent on doing? :smt017
This is the REAL question. I think we really do need a campaign for real rugby.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I wrote the OP out of screaming frustration, having seen so many quasi-illegal practices, as well as legal ones, that have become the staple of the pro era (e.g. flopping over, bans for shoeing offside blockers etc).

I really don't know where anyone can go from here, as what happens seems to arbitrarily determined by the IRB, an organisation that seems to exist to promote its Al Black love-child (just as ERC promotes Irish interests in the HC). I don't accept that the scrum has gone too far to change; natural selection will reverse the size of forwards etc.

Even if many international figures make the point, they get ignored.
Frankly I despair.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jg

I share your frustrations.

It would seem to me that there are two elements at work.

The first is where IRB change (or fiddle with the laws of the game. SPIKE has described how in junior rugby knock ons and forward passes are to be legal and scrums and lineouts abandoned.

The second are occassioned by the referess defacto rewriting the laws of the game through their interpretations (which may be condoned by the IRB and Unions. Blocking, feeding the scrum, and flopping over are still contrary to the laws of the game/

Shopuld we all write to Bill Beaumont (does he still have influence?) or retain B. Moore as our apokesman? (likely he would acr for free!)
Still keeping the faith!
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

If what I've read in this post is true - of which I have no doubt as it sounds utterly plausible given the current shambolic state of the RFU - I can't wait to watch our current U9's play SANZAR U9's in 15 years time! :smt022