Jordan Crane - is he the player he was?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Jordan Crane - is he the player he was?

Post by barwelltiger »

after watching Jordan closely since he returned from injury I don't think he is the same player he was 18 months ago.. what do you think?
os99

Re: jordan crane is he the player he was?

Post by os99 »

I think that he's just as average as he was before he was injured
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

os99 wrote:I think that he's just as average as he was before he was injured
+1
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Ah the Tigers forum short term memory once again. Crane has done very good things in a tigers shirt. I'm sure he will do again. The guy has been injured for a long time and is slowly coming back, he's captained the side well and stood up when we needed him. By the end of the season he'll the first choice 8 for the majority.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

My considered answer is "not yet"!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

My memory is quite clear. I can't remember JC playing as well and as consistently as does Waldrom. He doesn't have as much in his locker, I am afraid.
As an example of how players need to improve and adapt Waldrom is a prime example. When he first arrived at Tigers his skill at the back of the scrum was poor, he has worked hard on this (as well as other aspects of his game) and he is now very good. JC needs to take a few leaves out of that book and look at developing his game, if he can do that then he will gain my respect.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

IMHO the Mods should delete this topic, he's one of our best players coming back from serious injury get behind him & show him our support!!
Cockers mentioned the Leicester spirit lets see some on here!
Go Jordan :smt026 :smt026
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

A lot of attributes, a loyal Tigers servant .... but injuries can ruin a player, losing the speed needed.... if he could off load, pressure removed. But he cant..
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Jordan Crane was far from average before his injury IMO, Ive always been a Crane fan so i may be bias but his commitment to this team has been top notch, i remember watching the 2011 Premiership final vs Sarries and watching Jordan being the player that put his hand up every time when we were on the Sarries line in extra time, he must have took the ball on 6-7 times almost consecutively and by the end i remember him looking exhausted with a reasonable blood injury to his forehead, He might not be the player he was ATM but hey he was out for around a year so lets give the guy time to get up to speed.
And to all the Waldrom fans you should still get behind Crane as he is still a Leicester Tiger and deserves everybody's support in him getting that form back, after all it would be good for him and the team :smt023
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Jordan Crane - is he the player he was?

Post by Qbec »

What selective memories some have Jordan has/Is/Will be an important player in any Tigers Squad.
Any player who has a long injury will take awhile before they get back upto speed.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The panoply - or should I venture, divide - that exists in forum posters is exemplified here.

The '1984' award to GT1 for suggesting the mods delete the topic on 'treason' grounds!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

For those of you with a copy, go watch the 2010 final again and that will answer the question. If Crane could regain that sort of form Waldrom would get nowhere near the shirt.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Uhtred wrote:For those of you with a copy, go watch the 2010 final again and that will answer the question. If Crane could regain that
sort of form Waldrom would get nowhere near the shirt.
Every time I think of JC, I think of 'that' kick in Cardiff when we all had convinced ourselves that the game was lost!!! Forever memorialised in Trivia history.
Always a Tiger
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Today is a case in point: Crane enters the field and from that moment any, admittedly vain, hope the wings harboured of getting the ball disappeared forever.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

In short - no
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”