Clark Apology

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

os99

Clark Apology

Post by os99 »

This is one of Calum Clark's recent tweets:
"I have been to some dark places over the last 32 weeks. A lot of people have had a lot to say. I'm going to take my turn. I am ashamed and sorry for what happened. I have taken a long hard look in the mirror and blame nobody but myself. I have learnt a lot."
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Clark Apology

Post by bluntiger »

How can he be 'ashamed and sorry' for something that was apparantly unintentional? Is it really possible to be ashamed for an action that was supposedly accidental?

I don't thinks so and to me this is as good as an admission that he deliberately intended to cause damage to Rob Hawkins and in light of this, the hearing should be reconvened and the original 64 week sentence reinstated.

As for the tweet? Just a PR stunt IMO.
Always a Tiger
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I'm going to give the lad the benefit of the doubt here. He has served his time and there was no reason for him to send this tweet (his defense at the hearing would be dictated by Saints).

He is a decent player with a lot of potential. Let's hope he has learnt his lesson and goes on to be a better player and man for the experience.
Southernsoftie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Southernsoftie »

That sounds like an honest apology to me.

We all make mistakes. Let's hope he has learned his lesson.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

If sincere then why was it not made some time ago? Somewhat hollow in my opinion.

I also note that he's back playing before Rob Hawkins is.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Rob Hawkins came off the bench in the home match v Worcester. He has since picked up a hand injury which is currently keeping him out.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

And you may have noticed that on a couple of occasions when some of the Saints got a bit handbags, it was Clark who pulled them away and sorted them out.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

os99 wrote:This is one of Calum Clark's recent tweets:
"I have been to some dark places over the last 32 weeks. A lot of people have had a lot to say. I'm going to take my turn. I am ashamed and sorry for what happened. I have taken a long hard look in the mirror and blame nobody but myself. I have learnt a lot."

Brilliant "Tweet". Only problem is there are 259 characters and you are only allowed 140. So how did he tweet this???
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

The actual Tweet was slightly longer and spread over three Tweets one after the other.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I'm trying really hard to look on the bright side, honest, but he says he's sorry for what happened - not what he did. So he's sorry Hawkins' arm was broken at the elbow and could have ended his career, but not that he did something that could only have that result.

That said I was waiting for him to kick off on Saturday but was impressed that he was busy pulling Stains players away from the results of their cheap shots. Time will tell.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Southernsoftie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Southernsoftie »

tigercaspian wrote:And you may have noticed that on a couple of occasions when some of the Saints got a bit handbags, it was Clark who pulled them away and sorted them out.
This is correct.
Southernsoftie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Southernsoftie »

bluntiger wrote:How can he be 'ashamed and sorry' for something that was apparantly unintentional? Is it really possible to be ashamed for an action that was supposedly accidental?

I don't thinks so and to me this is as good as an admission that he deliberately intended to cause damage to Rob Hawkins and in light of this, the hearing should be reconvened and the original 64 week sentence reinstated.

As for the tweet? Just a PR stunt IMO.
I also agree that his apology makes it very clear, as we all knew at the time, that the broken arm was no accident.

Suspect the powers that be will not be looking to re-open the re-hearing can of worms.

With even a modicum of positivity, one has to hope his contrition is real.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Clark has been something of a serial offender in the past. I can believe that he now honestly regrets his previous behaviour, and was impressed by the way he actively tried to avoid trouble at the weekend, even intervening to pull his own players away from confrontations.

I thought it deliberately confrontational to select him but, give him his due, his actions seem to have borne out the message in his tweets.

If he has sorted himself out, he could soon find himself in the Saxons squad, and England supporters should be pleased about that.
Valhalla I am coming!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I really hope that he is sincere and he certainly did act the peace keeper at WR. I think he was very lucky with the ban but lets hope he has learned his lesson.

As for not admitting the deliberate nature of his act, would anyone.
boon

Post by boon »

re the apology to rob hawkins, i dont understand why so many tigers fans feel he did not apologise.

he tried to see hawkins after the lv final but it was still raw with the tigers camp (quite understandably so) and he was denied access. he therefore intended to write a letter of apology and try to see hawkins in person to apologise in person. this is a matter of record from clark's disciplinary hearing.

do tigers fans know that this did not happen? or just not know that it did? if there was contact between clark and hawkins and they agreed it was a closed private matter, why should any of us on here know?

given some fans dont seem to know that hawkins has been back playing and picked up another unrelated injury, i suspect some are simply assuming because they dont know it happened it hasnt happened.

re clark and twitter, i follow him on there and dont know why he bothers - the trolling, abuse and insults thrown at him have been awful, and he has made something of art form of turning the other cheek. i would have deleted my account ages back.

re tigers, tigers fans and clark: fair play, everything i saw or heard from saturdays match was well within expectations and credit to all those who did not seek to engage in a vendetta.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.