Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How to improve Leicester Football Club

Post by Purebob »

Crumblies wrote:
PureBob wrote... Crumblies

You took me to task over my wrong final statement that implied that there had been no detailed reasons given for firing RC, but you did not comment on my responses to your points. In the name of debate could you have a read and offer comment please ?
Then PureBob wrote...I do not agree that all the wingers bought in have been poor: Horacio was amazing,
Agreed, remind me again who didn't offer him a new contract and let him go? Obviously Cockerill didn't think he was as amazing as you!

PureBob you keep asking questions where you have predetermined the response, so there is no point trying to have a reasoned debate!
Crumblies if RC had retained Horacio and he had been unavailable for a third of the season I have no doubts that you would have been at the front of the queue of those complaining about his terrible recruitment.

What would YOU have done given the salary cap and Horacio's likely long absence with the Pumas ?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Horacio was probably not offered a contract because they could not agree terms, conditions and salary.
I am only hazarding a guess.
In my opinion, it is a loss but one that was not comercailly viable given the amount of salary from the salary cap that would have gone to waste, him not being available for Tigers.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

There were heaps of angry posts at the end of last season concerning this.
Essentially the fans wanted him to stay. (They voted him player of the season).
He wanted to stay. The general view was that RC had made up his mind and that was it.
A great shame methinks.
A life long Tiger
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Smudge wrote:There were heaps of angry posts at the end of last season concerning this.
He wanted to stay. The general view was that RC had made up his mind and that was it.
A great shame methinks.
Thanks for clearing that up Smudge,

I was under the impression that Cockerill had gone on record as saying that he really wanted Horacio to stay. The issue being availability and the limitation of the salary cap. Talks had gone on with the RFU and the Argentine Union to try and come to a compromise but it couldn’t be made to work.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

h's dad wrote:
Smudge wrote:There were heaps of angry posts at the end of last season concerning this.
A great shame methinks.

I was under the impression that Cockerill had gone on record as saying that he really wanted Horacio to stay. The issue being availability and the limitation of the salary cap. Talks had gone on with the RFU and the Argentine Union to try and come to a compromise but it couldn’t be made to work.
My understanding is that Tigers did not make Horacio any offer - not even E10K.
Still keeping the faith!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Bill W (2) wrote:
h's dad wrote:
A great shame methinks.

My understanding is that Tigers did not make Horacio any offer - not even E10K.
I am sure that if there was any chance of such an offer being accepted rather than being seen as an incredibly ridiculous and offensive insult it would have been made.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

h's dad wrote: I am sure that if there was any chance of such an offer being accepted rather than being seen as an incredibly ridiculous and offensive insult it would have been made.
So the club (Cockers)opt for the even more ridiculous and offensice insult of makib no offer at all?

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

My understanding was that the club were prepared to offer a pay as you play contract but this was declined. As we would have had to sign another player of similar status to play for the considerable period when Horacio was not available this would have further stretched the salary cap and led to shortages elsewhere in the team.
We are short of a seven but I question the insistance by some that we should have retained Matt Everard, he has is now in his second season with Wasps and has not exactly hit the headlines. Calumn Green has gone surely no-one is suggesting he is a better player than last weeks man of the match Kitchener. There is some merit in the comments about Twelvetrees but remember it was Cocker who re-signed the player from Bedford and gave him more than 40 opportunities to prove himself a Tigers first choice player, he was offered a contract to continue his career with us but Gloucester put a higher value on his services and understandably he took advantage of that. I don't see that there is blame on anyone in the circumstances, time will tell if he becomes the one playe(other than Perry Freshwater)that I can remember leaving Tigers to go on to better things elsewhere.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Despite his injuries Adam Thompstone has actually made more of a contribution to Tigers than Horacio has to date for Bath. I guess we will have to wait to the end of the season to see which was the better investment.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

[Let us first look as visitors do at ourtorid Toilets,too few for the Ladies and not enough "Troughs" for the men this is a quick fix and even Wheelbrace has to queue in the ABC compact facility - go for steel troughs!!
Start the rebuild of the Crumbie Stand and Car Park,leave the Terrace.
Incorporate new Changing,medical and press areas,Is that why we are not a World Cup site???
Take the Bars ,the Shop and some Catering back in - house.
Let Peter Tom resume his pre match walks on the Crumbie Terrace to hear from the real fans. Plan and announce the future development schemes.ab][/b]
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

We are very lucky to be supporters of Europe's leading Club.. in terms of longevity !!

Tigers....apart from a period in the fifties and sixties where the Welsh sides frightened the s..t out of us have always been near the top of the tree..

In the last 20 years Tigers became a forward orientated Club-- with occasional flashes of absolute brillince--from Tigers best ever- Healey, and Jaco Van West huizen... Backed up by some technically efficient backs..

Now we are at a crossroads.

We have a sturdy squad--but nothing to write home about.
Stronger than the majority but lesser against the minority..

What we need is a freedom to express---GM is going to be difficult to replace, but Morris IMHO looks very promising-a late developer.

Ford is the key --but Flood would make a very useful 12, and hopefully Manu will prove Cockerill right and not be a one season wonder...

Let us hope something clicks in the Heineken---because if the team show the passion--seemingly extinct in the last seasons- that they showed against the |Ospreys --then we might still have a season to remember!!