Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saints game

Post by PM76 »

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/R ... story.html

According to the Merc Lancaster is to retain his 23 and release the rest to play for their clubs this weekend. IMO Lancaster's 22 will be:

Marler, Hartley/Youngs, Cole
Lawes/ Palmer, Parling
Wood, Waldrom, Robshaw
Care, Flood
Manu, Joseph
Sharples, Goode, Ashton

Youngs/ Paice, Vunipola, Palmer/ Botha, Morgan, Youngs, Farrell, Brown

Meaning Tigers will only get AA back whereas Saints will get Dowson and Dickson. IMO Saints general lack of depth, compared to Tigers means the sides will be pretty even but if our backrow is as effected as the Merc suggests then Saints could have the advantage. Castro and Ayerza need to find some form quickly as Logo went off injured. Hopefully Tigers can name a side of:

Ayerza, Chuter, Logo/ Castro
Kitchener, L.Deacon
Mafi ,Crane, Salvi/ B.Deacon/ Slater
Young, Ford
Bowden, Allen (Although Cockers would go for Allen, Smith)
Smith, Murphy, Thompston ("" Goneva, Murphy, Hamilton)

Come on Tigers, a must win not only because it is vs. Saints but to get our top 2 challenge back on track.
Last edited by PM76 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints game

Post by tigerburnie »

I have to say the key thing is to win at home, the fact it's the sinners makes it that bit extra special.A top two finish is way ahead of last years schedule so I would not really consider that this early in the season.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

is Micky young fit?
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

mightymouse wrote:is Micky young fit?
I hope so!!

He played in the A league vs. Sale a couple of weeks ago, after his injury but I don't think there's been any news since then.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Mercury says Saliv has a broken hand.

Looks ike her will be missing.

Northampton will be missing some as well
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The word is that Salvi may be fit for Saturday - let's hope so we need him or Thorpe to play at 7.

Does anybody know how bad Crane and Logo's injuries are?

I would play Young at SH but am fairly certain Cockers will stick with Harrison - Young wasn't even bench cover on saturday.

i would love to see Ford, Bowden and Smith as the 10, 12, 13 combination on Saturday, but somehow doubt that will happen. i would also rest Goneva and bring in Morris or Thompstone. Hamilton for me starts as he is having a good season, took his try well on saturday and is experienced in these big games.

Should be a cracker.
Soggypitch
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Soggypitch wrote:
Does anybody know how bad Crane and Logo's injuries are?
Crane and Logo have both tweeted about being fit for next week. Concerningly Crane said "fingers crossed" and Logo "hopefully" so.......
redrugertiger
Tiger Cub

Post by redrugertiger »

Team predictions anyone?
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I have a horrible feeling that Lancaster will hold on to Allen as well, as I'm pretty sure Joesph went off injured last weekend. Elsewhere I believe Youngs, Cole, Parling, TTTE, Youngs, Flood and Manu will all feature in the 22 (23?). On the plus side we still have Ayerza, Castro, Logo, Mafi and Goneva avaliable as they aren't subject to the same rules as the England guys. I'm guessing if Logo is fit, he'll be on the bench, Ayerza had an absolute stormer at the weekend. Really hope Crane is fit otherwise we are lacking depth for proven Premiership players in our back row. Our backs are in dire need of a reshuffle IMO, how we couldn't score a try against a back line missing a scrum half and a full-back last week is worrying. Think we need to try out someone else other than Goneva, and whilst Hammy and Smurf are both playing well, you cannot afford to have them both in the same back line, look how well pace took us apart against Glaws. This may be different to the side I posted elsewhere, but:

15. Geordan Murphy (c)
14. Niall Morris (gets the nod over Hammy for me, gets better with every game)
13. Matt Smith (Fastest player in the backs last season, lose nothing in defence)
12. Daniel Bowden
11. Adam Thompstone (Not much smaller then Goneva, scored a hattrick in his first start, played with Bowden at Irish)
10. George Ford
9. Mickey Young (I like Harrison, but he was outclassed by Cowan last week, Young deserves his chance)
1. Marcos Ayerza
2. George Chuter
3. Martin Castrogiovanni
4. Louis Deacon
5. Graham Kitchener
6. Steve Mafi
7. Julian Salvi (if fit, if not Thorpe)
8. Jordan Crane (if fit, if not Deacon)

16. Rob Hawkins (we've really missed him IMO, very consistant player)
17. Logo Mulipolo
18. Keiron Brookes
19. Ed Slater
20. Richard Thorpe/Brett Deacon/Michael Noone
21. Sam Harrison
22. Matt Cornwall
23. Mat Tait

That back line allows us to play both simple and dynamic rugby and hopefully a sense of unpredictableness that is our play all too often.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Brookes is with Doncaster so he won't be on the bench.
It's hard for us fans to pick a team as we don't really know who is fit or just out of favour.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Hull Fan wrote:Brookes is with Doncaster so he won't be on the bench.
I thought Brookes was on a dual-registration deal and I presumed Tigers would have piority to pick him but maybe they don't. If it's not Brookes then I think it will be Balmain with Logo playing as a TH.

According to the Donny website he had a good game for them last week, but you would expect an England saxon to shine in the championship. I'm really interested to see how he gets on with us, if he can live up to his billing then Tigers may have England's two best THs in a year or two.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

PM76 wrote:
Hull Fan wrote:Brookes is with Doncaster so he won't be on the bench.
I thought Brookes was on a dual-registration deal and I presumed Tigers would have piority to pick him but maybe they don't. If it's not Brookes then I think it will be Balmain with Logo playing as a TH.

According to the Donny website he had a good game for them last week, but you would expect an England saxon to shine in the championship. I'm really interested to see how he gets on with us, if he can live up to his billing then Tigers may have England's two best THs in a year or two.
This was my feelings as well. However, if not I would assume Balmain will be on the bench. Although, thinking about it again, it would probably be better if Brookes started for Doncaster rather than Benchwarming for us.
Richard Burnett
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

What little I saw on the highlights, the sinners will be considerably weakened by Hartley,Lawes and Woods being out in their pack. The Pisi brothers however are looking like a handfull, contain them and I can't see what else they have to worry us. Home advantage and the crowd behind us should win this, especially if we have the internationals not in involved with the EPS available.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssss

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

tigerburnie wrote:What little I saw on the highlights, the sinners will be considerably weakened by Hartley,Lawes and Woods being out in their pack. The Pisi brothers however are looking like a handfull, contain them and I can't see what else they have to worry us. Home advantage and the crowd behind us should win this, especially if we have the internationals not in involved with the EPS available.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssss

If we can't handle the Pisi brothers after having numerous Tuilagis over the years there is something seriously wrong.
Richard Burnett
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I would go with

1. Ayerza
2. Chuter
3. Castro
4. Deacon
5. Kitchener
6. Mafi
7. Salvi (thorpe if unfit)
8. Crane (noone if unfit)
9. Young
10. Ford
11. Goneva
12. Bowden
13. Smith (If anybody can contain the Pisi's it has to be Smith)
14. Morris
15. Murphy (C)

16. Logo
17. Brookes/Balmain
18. Hawkins/Stevens
19. Slater
20. Deacon
21. Harrison
22. Cornwell/Forsyth
23. Tait/Lewington