Saints game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints game

Post by Soggypitch »

GK wrote - "You forgot the word 'some' there Boon, I've fixed that. Personally I'm quite happy to continue a vendetta against this low life and his ilk. If he plays I hope he gets booed every 5 minutes and ends up at the bottom of many a ruck"

Well you're entitled to your opinion of course but it seems to me more appropriate for a football supporter. We should move on from the CC situation; yes what he did was very bad, but he's served a long suspension and now deserves another chance.

Were you so forgiving (not) to Johno when he commmitted some of his indiscretions playing for Tigers?

Please don't let's get into a debate about the seriousness of the incident...it's just too boring to go over all the old ground.

I've no doubt whichever players turn out for Saints on Saturday they will get a "warm" reception from the W Rd faithful! :smt003
Soggypitch
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes I am entitled to my opinion, no I'm not a footy supporter and I'll debate what I want - not what you nor anyone else decides I should.

The act of breaking someone's arm while they are trapped in a ruck is about as low as you can get, on a par with gouging IMO. I don't recall Johnno ever stooping to such actions.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Personally I would not have argued with a much longer ban for Clark, for what I saw as an appalling assault. It is not often we have evidence (e.g. Quinnell's eye) and when we do, the full force of the disciplinary process should be vented.
For the record, in case of being accused of being one-eyed, I have always fully agreed with Back's ban for pushing Lander, and would not have argued against a year ban.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
redrugertiger
Tiger Cub

Post by redrugertiger »

The topic of this forum is the Saints game not indiscipline in Matches (past and present) :smt018 , Keep to the topic!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

:smt019 :smt019
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I think in a local derby with previous, discipline is a vital ingredient, the team that loses their discipline will lose the game,it happened last year. As Tigers showed in the LV final, we rise above it all and go for the victory,just as I expect we will this weekend.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Last edited by tigerburnie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

tigerburnie wrote:I think in a local derby with previous, discipline is a vital ingredient, the team that loses their discipline will lose the game,it happened last year. As Tigers showed in the LV final, we rise above it all and go for the victory,just as I expect we will this weekend.

COME ON YOU TOGERRRRrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Most of the players that have a score to settle will not face each other in this match. Tuilagi has left, as has Ashton; Foden is injured so won't be looking to get one back on Murphy; Hawkins and Clark are both unlikely to play. If Clark does play and finds himself at the bottom of rucks then don't be surprised if he gets a little extra attention of the closest player's boot.

As for his ban, it should have been longer - Blackett should have left it at 64 weeks - but that's done now. If he ever does something similar then I'd hope he never gets on a rugby pitch again. Until then, let's just let him play and we can revel in the extra scrapes and bruises he'll get when he plays against us.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Looks like Callum Clark will be playing after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20154449
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

ellis9 wrote:Looks like Callum Clark will be playing after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20154449
If only Manu was playing, I'm sure he would have been very happy to make his match a living hell.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Sounds like CC will be on the bench most likely. I'm surprised at his inclusion for this game - for obvious reasons - however I suppose it shows how stretched they are in the back row department.

Let's hope for the usual feisty full on confrontation - but clean.
Soggypitch
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I can't see anything on the Samoa squad, so no news on the Pisi brothers and whether they will also be missing from Saints ? ....he said hopefully :smt035
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Common sense would give his return another week (or so).
The bloke is not forgiven - the U tube footage of when he was CAPTAIN v.NZ youngsters was frankly terrible. His actions since then had not improved. The sneaky, cowardly attack on Rob Hawkins is the work of someone unlikely to reform.
Perhaps I will be proved wrong. My experience is however that thugs rarely change. Saints were hardly condemning of his actions it seemed.
Quite frankly, I dont want to see him. There may be others of this opinion. Remorse was needed. We didn't seem to get any. :smt009
Tigers - true Champions!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Seems that Clark will play some part this weekend, and Mallinder is going out of his way to talk him up. Quite a provocative move by Saints imo, as they do seem to have plenty of back row cover. Might heighten tensions further, but just hope that no-one at Tigers rises to the bait.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I don't regard it as a provocative move by Saints MurphysLaw, but I do think it's ill judged.

Clark's ban will have finished so they are entitled to play him, however his assault on Hawkins is still fresh in our minds and there's no doubt that certain sections of the crowd will not let him forget that (even though I won't be amongst them). Likewise i imagine that a few of our players will be having a quiet word with Clark at appropriate moments (as you would expect!)and it will bee interesting to see if his temperament can cope with all of this, plus the emotions and tensions of a local derby.

Therefore it could play into our hands if Clark does play and that's why I think Mallender will show poor judgment if he picks him for this game.

Does anyone know if Hawkins will be fit for the bench on Saturday? I hope so he's had a rotten run of luck with injuries! If not who will be the sub hooker?
Soggypitch
Old Boy

Post by Old Boy »

Well certainly looking forward to this one.Havent been to Welford Road for about 45 years -used to go to the traditional Leicester Ba Bas match at New Year.Going there this year as a guest of a Tigger. Anticipating a warm welcome for us long suffering Saints suporters. To be frank Saints will have to improve 100 fold from the abject performances against Watford South Africa and the generally poor performances so far this season. Not sure about the CC selection especially as we have some good younsters coming through in the back row. Shame that Messrs Tuilangi and Ashton will not be there nor our favourite Ben to trip up "Lazarus" Murphy.
Lets hope for a good hard game and lots of East Midlands banter