Saints game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saints game

Post by PM76 »

According to the wonderful world of twitter (Dagnall and Crowson to be precise) Ben Youngs has been released to play this weekend, Salvi is fit but Mullipola is out for 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.

So a mixture of good and bad news.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

It is great news that we have Ben Youngs available. I predict a repeat of last years result but in a more comfortable style :smt003
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Youngs being released is doubly good news as it means Saints will be without Dickson.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Waldrom returned to us, too - there are so many back-rowers in the squad and Lancaster might want Dowson or Haskell as his bench man as they are more versatile than Waldrom (despite Cockerill's comical efforts to persuade the world that he can play all three back-row positions). And Lancaster is also a big fan of Wood. There is a very good chance that Saints will be missing one of their two England back-rowers while we get Waldrom back.

Judging by recent selections, Saints will look like this.

1. Tonga
2. Haywood
3. Mujati
4. Manoa
5. Sorenson
6. Oakley
7. Wood or Dowson
8. Van Velze

9. Roberts
10. Lamb
11. Artimiev
12. Waldouck
13. Pisi
14. Pisi
15. Myler

And we should look like this:

1. Ayerza
2. Chuter
3. Castro
4. Deacon
5. Kitchener
6. Slater
7. Mafi
8. Waldrom

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Goneva
12. Bowden or Allen
13. Smith
14. Hamilton
15. Murphy

I reckon Allen will be released, too - bear in mind the man-love the England coaches have for Barritt because he can tackle, and the fact that Farrell is an outstanding 10/12 option on the bench (and his selection is entirely unrelated to nepotism...). Allen and JTH will be released.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

4071 wrote:
I reckon Allen will be released, too - bear in mind the man-love the England coaches have for Barritt because he can tackle, and the fact that Farrell is an outstanding 10/12 option on the bench (and his selection is entirely unrelated to nepotism...). Allen and JTH will be released.
With Jonathan Joseph injured(?) and with Jordan Turner-Hall not playing last weekend (another potential injury?), it may be that Lancaster wants to keep hold of Allen.
redrugertiger
Tiger Cub

Post by redrugertiger »

1. Ayerza
2. Chuter
3. Castro
4. Deacon (c)
5. Kitchener
6. Mafi
7. Waldrom/Noone
8. Crane/Noone

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Goneva/Tait
12. Allen/Boden
13. Smith
14. Hamilton/Morris
15. Murphy (c)/Morris
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

If Salvi is back our starting line up is looking quite solid:

1. Ayerza
2. Chuter
3. Castro
4. Deacon
5. Kitchener
6. Mafi
7. Salvi
8. Crane

9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Goneva/Tait
12. Allen/Boden
13. Smith
14. Hamilton/Morris
15. Murphy (c)

With Logo injured I'd imagine Brookes has been called back from Doncaster to provide bench cover.
Jon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jon »

Ben Youngs and AA have been released by the looks of it. Youngs needs the game time before playing for England again - real bonus for us this weekend as well!

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/matchce ... JAKZYZXyrE

EDIT: Is Bowden fit? Hoping he may appear this weekend.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

http://rfu.com/news/2012/october/newsar ... es_hartley

Dowson released for Saints. Lawes and Hartley are too, it will be interesting to see if they are fit to start, Saints might have an advantage up front if they are.

As Dickson has been retained I suppose we may have YBY available for the week after too but this weekend must be the priority.

Good to see Tigers will have at least 6 players in the 22, maybe 7 if YBY is included. Contributing pretty much a third of the international 22 is something to be proud of IMO.

Edit: According to the RFU on twitter: "Lancaster says no definitive news but expects Lawes to be out for 1 to 2 weeks, Hartley a couple of weeks after that"
boon

Post by boon »

saw a pic of hartley with his leg in a metal brace - pretty sure he wont feature!

lawes and myler are our other doubts after last weeks game. if either is match fit i would expect them to feature (myler the likelier, i suspect)we have elliott on the wing and jim craig at lock/ flanker working back from injury too - both good options if only from the bench after their layoff.

frankly there are so many permutations i will wait and see who is fit / available and named rather than hazard a guess. 4071 perhaps not too far from the truth given mallinders disdain for wholesale changes.

see tait named once or twice in peoples teams above - genuine query - has he played any rugby this season? (i think there has been none to speak of for a couple of seasons now? or did i miss a previous comeback?)
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

PM76 wrote:http://rfu.com/news/2012/october/newsar ... es_hartley

Dowson released for Saints. Lawes and Hartley are too, it will be interesting to see if they are fit to start, Saints might have an advantage up front if they are.

As Dickson has been retained I suppose we may have YBY available for the week after too but this weekend must be the priority.

Good to see Tigers will have at least 6 players in the 22, maybe 7 if YBY is included. Contributing pretty much a third of the international 22 is something to be proud of IMO.

Edit: According to the RFU on twitter: "Lancaster says no definitive news but expects Lawes to be out for 1 to 2 weeks, Hartley a couple of weeks after that"
I doubt Hartley and Lawes will play because if there was any chance Hartley could have been fit he would have been chosen as Paice isn't exactly international standard. Hopefully they wont be fit! Interestingly Callum' Clark's ban runs out on Thursday this week....
boon

Post by boon »

ah, so much for the mention of tigers fans not wanting to continue a vendetta on this very forum a few weeks back.

yes, as you mention it, clark will be available too. not match fit, obviously.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

To answer your question Boon, Tait has played 2 or 3 matches for the A side and has done well I believe.

Re C Clark - once his ban runs out, so far as I'm concerned, he has served his time and will be treated just like any other opposition player, I hope he learns from yet another lesson.

Having said the above, I doubt if Mallender will risk him on Saturday, the atmosphere will be electric and some fans won't be as forgiving as me - hence given Clark's short fuse I'm sure he will be left out.

Definitely a plus for Tigers to have B Youngs back and Dickson out for Saints - that in my opinion could be crucial - plus Salvi being fit, we have really missed him!!
Soggypitch
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Reports say Lawes and Hartley are returning to their club for medical teatment so I don't think they will be playing.

Regarding Tait, A-team rugby only.
boon

Post by boon »

soggypitch - i suspect you might be right, and tbh tend to agree this is probably not the game for cc to make his first appearance in.

if needs be we have harrison and nutley to stand in on the flank anyways. both young but promising players
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

boon wrote:ah, so much for the mention of SOME tigers fans not wanting to continue a vendetta on this very forum a few weeks back.

yes, as you mention it, clark will be available too. not match fit, obviously.
You forgot the word 'some' there Boon, I've fixed that. Personally I'm quite happy to continue a vendetta against this low life and his ilk. If he plays I hope he gets booed every 5 minutes and ends up at the bottom of many a ruck.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.