Glaws match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Glaws match

Post by kingol22 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Was a good game to watch, a game which have could have been won. Tom Youngs has been a bit of a liability with his striking at the scrum and throwing at the line out.
Bit harsh on T Youngs, he did have a bit of a shocker in the first half but the way he recovered in the second half deserves a lot of credit
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

kingol22 wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote: Was a good game to watch, a game which have could have been won. Tom Youngs has been a bit of a liability with his striking at the scrum and throwing at the line out.
Bit harsh on T Youngs, he did have a bit of a shocker in the first half but the way he recovered in the second half deserves a lot of credit
It is true, but he has done some good things in the latter part of the game. He got his throws out when we were pressuring their line. He is a project in the making as Cockers has stated you have to accept short term losses for long terms gain in his development.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave »

Bring on the Saints! They have lost Lawes and Hartley to injury today
Not that big an issue for saints seeing how well we play against 13...
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Not a disaster to get a losing bonus point at Gloucester but that was a game we should have won.

Youngs' poor throwing cost us points again. Can't wait for him to go away with England.

The referee had an absolute shocker. The Qera try was as a result of our players not being able to tackle Simpson-Daniel because they were blocked by a Gloucester player running across the front of the ball carrier. Once again a ref who did nothing about persistent offside at rucks, this has gone on for too many years now and must be penalised properly.

On a plus side with Ben Youngs out injured it means that if the club have any sense they won't release him for England and will give him the rest that he is long overdue.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

We need another 7 and an attack coach that can give us a plan B.

Two parts of the jigsaw that will complete a good set up...
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Dave wrote:
We got 7 points and then Glaws managed to slow the ball down repeatedly and kept hold of it very well and let the clock tick down. If Tigers had done that you would of been full of praise.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

TTRITH wrote:We need another 7 and an attack coach that can give us a plan B.

Two parts of the jigsaw that will complete a good set up...
Yes, but how long have we been going on about the attack coach and Plan B? :smt009
Three long years. :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:Not a disaster to get a losing bonus point at Gloucester but that was a game we should have won.

Youngs' poor throwing cost us points again. Can't wait for him to go away with England.

The referee had an absolute shocker. The Qera try was as a result of our players not being able to tackle Simpson-Daniel because they were blocked by a Gloucester player running across the front of the ball carrier. Once again a ref who did nothing about persistent offside at rucks, this has gone on for too many years now and must be penalized properly.

On a plus side with Ben Youngs out injured it means that if the club have any sense they won't release him for England and will give him the rest that he is long overdue.
I doubt they will let Youngs stay, England will take him at 75% fitness and play him for every single minute of the meaningless friendly's. He will then come back with a torn groin due to not being allowed to recover by England, he will be massively criticized by the media and will also lose his confidence. He will take a few games back from injury to get back to form again and then he will be taken for the 6 nations and this whole process will be repeated. Rant over :smt003
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Nailsworthstiger wrote:
Dave wrote:
We got 7 points and then Glaws managed to slow the ball down repeatedly and kept hold of it very well and let the clock tick down. If Tigers had done that you would of been full of praise.
We were nearing the end of the binning period. We should have taken it quick, rather then allow them to bring on Cowan who was all over Harrison. Poor decision making there.
Richard Burnett
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Dave wrote:
Does not matter they as were not going to play against us anyway as they were due to be in the england camp
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

TTRITH wrote:
Nailsworthstiger wrote:
Dave wrote:
We were nearing the end of the binning period. We should have taken it quick, rather then allow them to bring on Cowan who was all over Harrison. Poor decision making there.
I wasn't referring to that passage of play. But when Cowan came back on, it was the ref who held us up.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Well played Gloucester. Fast imaginative back play. Plans a, b and c in attack and determined if marginally illegal defence in the end......That's not a moan by the way just pointing out we'd have done the same ..........call it admiration if you like!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Fair play by Glaws, good nous knew when to give penalties away etc. if Tigers had done the same I would be happy so I'm not going to condemn them. That said Tigers can't expect to win games after giving the oppo 14 points, awful start like last week and JSD ran through 3 or 4 Tigers players. TY throwing was poor but improved. I think the HC did cost us and Glaws had an easy ride for the past two weeks. Harrison was poor IMO, Flood had the defence on him earlier as Sam posed no threat around the fringes and often struggled to get the ball out, Mickey Young should have started IMO, he is the closest thing we have to YBY and therefore needs to play when Flood does and YBY is not available. The Glaws back 3 also showed how we are lacking in pace; Hamilton and Murphy are both fine at full back but Scott can't play wing anymore, or atleast against a back 3 like Glaws' he can't. Benjamin needs to get fit as Cockers won't pick anybody else ahead of Scott.

Need Salvi back next week with all the other injuries. I think 2 wins during the AIs is now important or we could get left behind in the race for the top 2. A point is acceptable at Kingsholm but another defeat will be costly. Nothing will change in terms of style but hopefully things will get better; Tigers would have closed that game out at the end of last season so there is some room for optimism. I think Glaws will get a top 6 spot and will sneak into the play-offs if someone slips up, especially without the Heineken to distract them.

I hoped last week would be the catalyst for improvement but I think I'll be waiting a while for Tigers to hit anything like top form; probably when it's too late to get out of the HC pool too.

IMO the only positives were Cole looking superb and Ayerza back somewhere near his best. But injuries to Crane and Mullipola may hurt us.
Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave »

@Nailsworthstiger I agree with you. I am just annoyed that we looked totally off the pace today.

Yes we managed to hang in there and get a point, but considering how we dominated the scrum and has a 2 man advantage you have to wonder what we were doing.

Gloucester we really up for it and credit too them. I just think we under performed.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Cockers has been quoted as saying that Youngs could have played today, but he would have been knackered for England. https://twitter.com/martin_crowson/stat ... 2218999808

Make of that what you will...
Richard Burnett