Vote of no confidence in the Board,

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Vote of no confidence in the Board,

Post by Smudge »

Mind you, I will say this for Bill, at least he puts his money where his mouth is and travels up to the home games and some away including Europe - even though he can't call himself a fan apparently.
Bernie, I travel from and to the south coast for home games, does that exclude me from being a fan?

You have been living with the sweaties too long.

But don't worry, we folks that actually attend the matches and played the game to
a good level are perfectly happy for you to have your say, as myopic as it may be.
A life long Tiger
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smudge and GS

Alas some see us as not "true fans" because we think the unthinkable, question the unquestionable and expect the exceptional.

So be it!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bill we will have to disagree here, I can't see how you can justify blaming the board for the WC ground decision.
We clearly disagree on the results,I'm happy with the nature of the results,you clearly are not.
I don't visit the ground these days so couldn't possibly comment on the food service.
As to the shop,it is too early to see what will be the outcome of that,but I am confident we will not lose money on it on a regular basis otherwise both the club and Canterbury would pull out of it.
As to the other fans who feel upset by my comments,it was primarily pointed towards Bill as the author of the piece.If however you wish to include yourselves in the sentiment then that is your perogative,if the cap fits etc. etc.
Constructive critism,fine.Ideas that are contrary to the normal,fine.
If a fan from Sarries or Northampton came on here and proposed a vote of no confidence because the beer service is poor and the RFU didn't award us a world cup game,would you not feel similarily agrieved and say so?
When we are losing games like Sale are or sitting at the bottom of the league at the end of the season,then I may think that something needs to be addressed.Currently I am reasonably happy,I didn't expect us to win in France,I did expect us to win at home,my expectations are clearly very different to those that are aligning in the other half of the pitch to me.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:Bill we will have to disagree here, I can't see how you can justify blaming the board for the WC ground decision.
I assume that the IRB regs on pitch size et al were well known to the Board (if not why not?) And they chose to ignore them.

We can certainly agree to disagree.

Your personal insults, however, weaken your arguments significantly IMHO.

In your opinion I am not a "true fan" because I raise such issues.

That is your opinion, A wrong opinion to which you are entitled.

I am a season ticket holder, a sharelholder and lifelong supporter - for over 50 years. Feel free to insult me at any time.

Cogent argument would be more impressive however, IMHO.

The Board undoubtedly oversaw the entry into te "profssional era" wisely and successfully. And even now, they are maintaining a stance on Europe which I support.

However, that does not mean that all their decision sre correct and that they should not be open to challenge.

IMHO. Which you, as a "true fan" are free to challenge.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It may be a symptom of the times that folk(me included)get precious about "their" club or messageboard.It is not unique to us,shedweb,the unoffy for Gloucester is likely to dissapear for exactly the same type of vitriolic behaviour of the incumbents.
I find it very difficult to sit and read attacks(my word) on my club and it's backroom staff,for what I see as unreasonable reasons. I do not appologise,I can't actually remember the last time I ever did,but I would prefer not to offend people on here. I will however to continue to put forward my position,you are of course free to take the opposite view.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:It may be a symptom of the times that folk(me included)get precious about "their" club or messageboard..

With great respect it is not "your" club, or your meassageboard.

Anymore than it is mine.

Unless I read you wrongly, I as a shareholder, am entitlked to propose a vote of no confidence in the Board and you would not get to vote.
Still keeping the faith!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

So far it is a free democracy where English citizens have freedom of speech
So any-hopefully committed-- Tigers supporter is allowed to have his twopence worth..
Fact is-at present , Tigers are not at the standard they were.
Maybe the post that said Healey was the differnce has a point--because there is no one at present in Healeys class, but I personally feel the passion seems to have evaporated from the team...
Witness the last 15 mins on Sunday when it resurfaced.
But the Board are only responsible for SELECTING the Coaches-so although I agree with most of Bill's posts, I am taking a raincheck on this one till the end of the season..
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:But the Board are only responsible for SELECTING the Coaches-so although I agree with most of Bill's posts, I am taking a raincheck on this one till the end of the season..
The Board are also responsible for the financial performance of the club. £2M drop in revenue and £1M loss.

If this performance is repeated we will in deep brown stuff!

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Bill W (2) wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:It may be a symptom of the times that folk(me included)get precious about "their" club or messageboard..

With great respect it is not "your" club, or your meassageboard.

Anymore than it is mine.

Unless I read you wrongly, I as a shareholder, am entitlked to propose a vote of no confidence in the Board and you would not get to vote.
Well Bill you will get you opportunity to voice these opinions and ask the questions at the AGM, I believe it's normally held in the first week of December. I look forward to reading how you get on and what the response from the board will be.
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

Nothing brightens up my day more than Bill lobbing a grenade onto the messageboard and then sitting back and watching the sparks fly! :smt043

To whom it may concern: there is usually a space after a comma!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

The Board are also responsible for the financial performance of the club. £2M drop in revenue and £1M loss.
However that is in the context of a double-dip recession and a national fall in income-per-head, as well as the localised effects of the world cup. You might have a point if the season ticket numbers and gates were falling away, but they are not. I suspect the board can argue rationally that Tigers are fairing reasonably well in a demand constrained economy and are well positioned for the current financial year. Unless of course you know differently?

It would, IMHO, be a brave, perhaps even courageous shareholder that moved a vote of no confidence when the side are 3rd in the premiership and still in the mix for the Heineken Cup qualifying rounds.

Out of interest, who would you propose as replacement for the current board members?
Southernsoftie
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Southernsoftie »

Bill W (2) wrote:
fortysix wrote:But the Board are only responsible for SELECTING the Coaches-so although I agree with most of Bill's posts, I am taking a raincheck on this one till the end of the season..

If this performance is repeated we will in deep brown stuff!

:smt003
It is worth pointing out that while turnover/revenue dropped by £2mm the explanation given is credible and a net positive.

"A large proportion of the fall in turnover was due to outsourcing the Club's merchandising activities to Kitbag, although this yielded a significantly improved profit contribution in its first year of operation."
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Why don't erudite detractors of our club's board's performance offer a specific comprehensive action plan for going forward and achieving the results that you feel have not thus far been achieved ?

Complaining is easy and not very proactive. Come up with defendable and comprehensive plans ( way beyond "you should have done something different in retrospect") and present them to fellow shareholders, members and club officers for discussion.

Hope is not a plan. Expecting is not a plan.

If you think Tigers can and should win everything all the time simply offer a plan that is better indicated to achieve those objectives than you believe the current one is and let us have a discussion. Everybody wins then.
Red Boots

Post by Red Boots »

I had some very nice Andouille in Toulouse.
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

I don't think the board should go we have a solid foundation and they have built this.

I am frustrated with our lack of recent success, although I feel we have a squad good enough to achieve success- the board have found the resources (scouts, money) to get his.

I think we have one of the strongest squads i can remember

In my opinion we are lacking a regular spark on the pitch- as has been said we see this spark every so often and it is a delight- i guess the frustration is we all know the players can deliver it but perhaps don't see it enough, or sometimes when it counts. yes i know we went 5 games or whatever last season with try bonus points- that was great and proves what we are capable of- we still fell at the last hurdle though.

- that in my opinion is not the board's fault but coaches and players- the board have set a platform and we have proved what we can do with it at times- justt not consistantly.

I have an open mind as to whether we should change things relating to onfield matters (coaches etc), I am not currently convinced that would work- but think if we leave this season without silverware my mind might be changed.