A few interesting RC stats

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Oadby35
Tiger Cub

Re: A few interesting RC stats

Post by Oadby35 »

fortysix wrote:Its not the run of the mill matches banging over dozens of tries gainst inferior opposition--its about Tigers IN THE LAST 4 YEARS UNDER COCKERILL-losing virtually every IMPORTANT match.... The 10% that are lost, and the ''bottle'' under pressure having seemingly disappeared
Fully agree
I don't expect to win every game
But to lose so abysmally with what seemed to be a very very poor game plan thats whats so disappointing
Ive just been looking at Tigers playing staff...and with all the England/Saxon and International players
Wether ex or wise listed, i think the return of silver ware over the last 4 years is garbage
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

physiodan wrote: Just imagine how boring rugby would be if we won everything?
I would be happy with winning one thing of significance this year.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Oadby35
Tiger Cub

Post by Oadby35 »

Quick fetch the men with the white coats ....this thread is full of delusionists
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Another RC stat: TBP win over Ospreys, Rabo league champions, in the HEC 2012.
Oadby35
Tiger Cub

Post by Oadby35 »

Purebob wrote:Another RC stat: TBP win over Ospreys, Rabo league champions, in the HEC 2012.

Looking good now

http://www.ercrugby.com
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Another RC stat: TBP win over Ospreys, Rabo league champions, in the HEC 2012.
I enjoyed the game and in the end it was a good if fortunate win.
But I am a long way from going over to the light side.
The point is, we usually win at home. We beat Ulster at home last year.
It is the away games that will decide it for me.

Will the result be the same in Swansea with Owens et al on the whistle?
I genuinely hope so. I have my doubts but am open to to persuasion.
A life long Tiger
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Just a quick follow-up to my first post. Great to see that there is such a vibrant forum here and that my original post sparked over 30 replies.

To re-iterate (and as I said in my initial post) I'm not suggesting that RC should be sacked. The purpose of the post was really to share the research I had undertaken. To balance that out RC can now boast a PL 7 W5 D2 home record against non-Italian sides in the HC and his 100% record against Italian teams looks promising ahead of the next 2 HC fixtures.

I thought the result and performance today v Ospreys were good and RC should get credit for that.

I might be new on the board but I think 'Purebob' description of 'glory hunter' supporter was a bit over the top. I was on the terrace at Welford Rd today cheering the team on, I'll be bantering with the Gloucester fans in the Shed next week and I'll be welcoming the New Zealanders to Leicester in a few weeks. Win, lose or draw I support the team. But if everyone came onto the forum 100% behind the management and players, saying how wonderful we are and linking to You Tube clips of our various past HC and Premiership successes it would become a pretty dull discussion board.

For the record I don't want to see any management changes before the end of the season. But at this stage (and even after today's win) I'm not entirely convinced that we have what it takes to beat Quins to the Premiership title or the likes of Toulouse, Leinster and Clermont to the HC.

I guess only time will tell...
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Well said Mr P. :smt001
Valhalla I am coming!