Daryl Gibson

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

swanscombeboy

Daryl Gibson

Post by swanscombeboy »

I understand that Daryl Gibson has resigned from his position with the Crusaders. What a opportunity for Tigers to re sign a very good coach to assist or replace RC.
Any thoughts?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Daryl Gibson

Post by fentiger »

We would do a lot worse than have Daryl as backs coach!
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

If I were on the board I would jump at this opportunitiy. I don't like the idea of replacing RC as I think our main problem is with the backs which he would no doubt have less responsibility for. Gibson understands the Tigers well and if he can bring some Crusaders attacking intent to our back line then that will only be a good thing!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Will S wrote:If I were on the board I would jump at this opportunitiy. I don't like the idea of replacing RC as I think our main problem is with the backs which he would no doubt have less responsibility for. Gibson understands the Tigers well and if he can bring some Crusaders attacking intent to our back line then that will only be a good thing!
Some very good reasoning here, sure our board knows all about this with their contacts in NZ and will act as they think fit.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Apparently he is coming over here as part of the coaching team with the Maori All Blacks...... does a job interview beckon?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Easty

Post by Easty »

Will S wrote:......some Crusaders attacking intent to our back line then that will only be a good thing!
Like he did when he played for us? Don't actually remember it being mjuch different to how it is now when he played. Why can't people just accept they are two different games, different refereeing, different attitudes, different focus but above all.....a differen 'business'
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

I maybe hung drawn and quartered or have my season ticket revoked for saying this but I'm not a fan of M O'C. Would love to see Daryl return and replace M O'C as backs coach. Think RC and Gibbo would work really good together.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

rich1576 wrote:I maybe hung drawn and quartered or have my season ticket revoked for saying this but I'm not a fan of M O'C. Would love to see Daryl return and replace M O'C as backs coach. Think RC and Gibbo would work really good together.
I doubt that those of us who have been critical of MOC would disagree with you. Gibbo would be a welcome return.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

jgriffin wrote:
rich1576 wrote:I maybe hung drawn and quartered or have my season ticket revoked for saying this but I'm not a fan of M O'C. Would love to see Daryl return and replace M O'C as backs coach. Think RC and Gibbo would work really good together.
I doubt that those of us who have been critical of MOC would disagree with you. Gibbo would be a welcome return.
Lol, I was thinking more of being linched by the club. To make matters worse I think we should do a two for one. We'll take Gibbo in return for M O'C and Simon Cohen.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Just seen this http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-20 ... 71325.html

What's interesting is that at the bottom it says that he is coming to the UK next month as assistant coach with the Maori All Blacks. Wonder whether there will be any interesting chats with him when they come to play at Welford Road.
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Just seen this http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-20 ... 71325.html

What's interesting is at the botom of the article. It says he's coming to the UK next month as an assistant coach with the Maori All Blacks. Wonder whether there will be any interesting conversations with him when they come to play at Welford Road.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

rich1576 wrote: What's interesting is at the botom of the article. It says he's coming to the UK next month as an assistant coach with the Maori All Blacks. Wonder whether there will be any interesting conversations with him when they come to play at Welford Road.
I take it you didn't catch fentiger's second post further up the page (twice).
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

rich1576 wrote:
jgriffin wrote:
Lol, I was thinking more of being linched by the club. To make matters worse I think we should do a two for one. We'll take Gibbo in return for M O'C and Simon Cohen.
What you got against Simon Cohen? Not that I disagree!!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I am still not sure as to the purpose of imon ohen?