Daryl Gibson

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Daryl Gibson

Post by fleabane »

SC replaced David Clayton as Head Honcho.
Valhalla I am coming!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I try not to comment on the threads about replacing the coaches etc for a number of reasons, but it does make me chuckle when people start suggesting we should replace our attack coach with someone who has just been demoted from attack coach to defence coach at their previous club!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Cardiff Tig wrote:I try not to comment on the threads about replacing the coaches etc for a number of reasons, but it does make me chuckle when people start suggesting we should replace our attack coach with someone who has just been demoted from attack coach to defence coach at their previous club!
I thought the same :smt023
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

This link suggests another Tigers 'Old Boy' is interested in applying for the vacant post!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/supe ... /galleries
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
What you got against Simon Cohen? Not that I disagree!!

:smt023
I can't put on here exactly what I think of Simon Cohen, because it would probably get removed and I would definitely get banned from Welford Road. He also needs to take responsibilty for a lot of good players leaving the club as he used to handle contracts. Only from what I've read in player biographies.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

BJ. wrote:
rich1576 wrote: What's interesting is at the botom of the article. It says he's coming to the UK next month as an assistant coach with the Maori All Blacks. Wonder whether there will be any interesting conversations with him when they come to play at Welford Road.
I take it you didn't catch fentiger's second post further up the page (twice).
Well spotted BJ!! Another bit of sloppiness by a forum poster, but you spotted it, well done!
Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave »

I seem to remember when he retired that he wanted to stay on as a coach, but we did not want him then.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I understood that he was earmarked for the backs coaching job but when Lofreda came he insisted that he did the backs coaching leaving no room for Daryl so he went to Edinburgh for a couple of seasons before retiring back to NZ. He was a Tiger through and through and I heard that he had even volunteered to mow the pitch if he could stay. Whilst here he damaged his foot when he dropped a (Bradstone) paving slab on it, so he could spend many a happy hour discussing DIY with Allen. :smt002
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.