Tigers vs Ospreys Sunday 21st - Put them to the sword!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Ospreys Sunday 21st - Put them to the sword!

Post by 4071 »

tigerburnie wrote:He plays for Glaws Bill as he wasn't prepared to fight for his position at Leicester.
I don't understand this sentiment - he proved over several seasons that he was willing to fight for his place. He signed an extension to his contract at a time when he was a capped Saxon but was getting zero game-time for Tigers. Other clubs were after him, and he must have been aware that not playing at all was damaging to his international prospects (in the second half of the 2010-11 season he spent more time on the pitch for Saxons than he did for Tigers). Yet he signed on for another year to keep fighting for his place.

It's pretty clear he wanted to succeed at Tigers, but it was also pretty clear from the selection policy (Allen can walk? Allen will start!) and the low-value short-term contract that he was offered that the loyalty was only going one way.

Regardless of performance, he was not going to get the position he wanted at Leicester. One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It is clear that 12T was not insane enough to believe that eventually the combination of commitment and performance was going to be enough.

Quirky 12T fact of the day - he has won more turnovers this season than any other Gloucester player. Tigers - a breeding ground for forwards... even when they are backs...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

4071, it was more a statement of what Cockers said and where he is now.
From a personal point of view I would have prefered if he had stayed with us,but of course he has to make his discision based on his own needs and desires.Should he prosper and end up playing for his country,then he will have vindicated his position,he could of course carried on from the end of last year and been our first choice now,we will never know.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote:4071, it was more a statement of what Cockers said and where he is now.
From a personal point of view I would have prefered if he had stayed with us,but of course he has to make his discision based on his own needs and desires.Should he prosper and end up playing for his country,then he will have vindicated his position,he could of course carried on from the end of last year and been our first choice now,we will never know.
Fair do's.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by NaptonTiger »

Soggypitch wrote:Mrs S would probably rather we got the Monopoly board out with the kids (following a good morning's walk) but i will desist and hope for support from my sons!!
I shall be watching Mulopoli playing.