Youngs boys cost LBP

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Youngs boys cost LBP

Post by MJ Chairman »

Ben ran a certain 3 points and Tom gave away 2 stupid penalties. 9 points difference between lbp and nothing. :smt013
And while I'm at it why did Crane kick that ball away, what was he even doing on the park when chasing a game, he really is Mr Negative. Cockers needs to sort the back row out before next week. :smt017
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Youngs boys cost LBP

Post by Darc Tiger »

No. We just weren't good enough today. Toulouse looked like they had more in them. Our mistakes demoralised us, and we looked dead by the hour mark.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Ben's passing was woeful as well, RC's reluctance to switch the half backs when the games needs a spark is an issue, sometimes its not that Flood & Youngs are playing badly its just they counterparts have them marshaled and a change of approach is needed.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

All round poor second half performance cost us the win or at the very least a LBP. You can't point the finger at either Ben or Tom Youngs. Poor decision making all round.

Still lots to play for and still early days.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:Ben's passing was woeful as well, RC's reluctance to switch the half backs when the games needs a spark is an issue, sometimes its not that Flood & Youngs are playing badly its just they counterparts have them marshaled and a change of approach is needed.
Harrison and Ford would have been really exposed against this Toulouse team had they been given the chance.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote:Ben's passing was woeful as well, RC's reluctance to switch the half backs when the games needs a spark is an issue, sometimes its not that Flood & Youngs are playing badly its just they counterparts have them marshaled and a change of approach is needed.
Harrison and Ford would have been really exposed against this Toulouse team had they been given the chance.
Agreed
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote:
the way Ben was playing given seeming half his passes were over the recipients head I struggle to think Harrison would of been much of a downgrade on today's performance
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

kpbates wrote:All round poor second half performance cost us the win or at the very least a LBP. You can't point the finger at either Ben or Tom Youngs. Poor decision making all round.

Not early days, but last call!
We needed an LBP today to stand a chance of runner-up qualification. We have to win the rest of the games really or take the full house against Treviso and deny Ospreys an LBP at WR while taking a W+BP at Ospreys AND beat Toulouse at WR. Second is no good if someone else has better points as runner-up. I do not see Toulouse failing except if they draw a Rabo ref at Liberty.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

jgriffin wrote:
kpbates wrote:All round poor second half performance cost us the win or at the very least a LBP. You can't point the finger at either Ben or Tom Youngs. Poor decision making all round.

Not early days, but last call!
We needed an LBP today to stand a chance of runner-up qualification. We have to win the rest of the games really or take the full house against Treviso and deny Ospreys an LBP at WR while taking a W+BP at Ospreys AND beat Toulouse at WR. Second is no good if someone else has better points as runner-up. I do not see Toulouse failing except if they draw a Rabo ref at Liberty.
Still a lot of games to be played. It isn't as clear-cut as you say. But realistically, we do need to win all our games now.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

RC's use of subs is an issue full stop!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote:
RC's use of subs is an issue full stop!
he seems to be a great nuts & bolts man but as a tactician I'm not so sure
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

The game was lost when Goneva threw an awful pass towards Waldrom allowing Toulose to pounce and score the try. When a man up against that standard of opposition you need a positive points tally in that 10 minutes and that was the turning point for me. B Youngs tap when the certain 3 points was on may have helped swing the game back our way and it was a poor decision although it is nice to see a player on the pitch with confidence in his abilities.

A bad result but a solid first 30 that we can take positives from, a win against Ospreys is a must and a bonus point win will put us back on track for qualification.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Agree about the first 30 and to a certain extent the Goneva pass. Ben having confidence in his ability is one thing, but he is also now a seasoned international, who should have realised the importance of taking the points.
It is by no means all doom and gloom and it is not out of the question that will have 15 points in the group by the end of the fourth round of pool matches.
TigerGM

Post by TigerGM »

I thought our game plan was lacking a bit. Why didn't we just keep kicking the ball aimlessly away? Whoops. Sorry, that's what we did do. And where was the back line again?
I agree about Jordan Crane though. Why is he captain and playing at 8 when we have probably one of the best 8s playing at 7? And what was he doing kicking the ball away at the close of play anyway?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

TigerGM wrote:I thought our game plan was lacking a bit. Why didn't we just keep kicking the ball aimlessly away? Whoops. Sorry, that's what we did do. And where was the back line again?
I agree about Jordan Crane though. Why is he captain and playing at 8 when we have probably one of the best 8s playing at 7? And what was he doing kicking the ball away at the close of play anyway?
Neither teams were willing to play in their own half and kicked for touch at every oppurtunity. It would have been stupid to run the ball in those conditions and I think a lot of the kicks were decent. Toulouse came out on top because their kicking game was better on the day. If they had totally outplayed us and we had no ambition on a dry day I would be dissapointed also, but the game was played in bad conditions and we were not totally outclassed.