injury jinx

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

injury jinx

Post by sapajo »

Why are we the most injury prone team in the premiership?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: injury jinx

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Think Wasps last season would dispute that...Bath have had nightmares as well, but at present it would appear to be our turn.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Link to an interesting article on our injuries in relation to last Saturday's match!

A team of players on the books at the start of the season not available owing to injury, international call-ups and retirements.

Hamilton, Benjamin, Forsyth, Tuilagi, Tait; Murphy, B Youngs; Ayerza, Chuter, Stankovich, L Deacon, Mafi, Croft, Woods, Newby

Apart from having to play Geordie and a prop in unusual positions I'd have put money on this XV against any AP team.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

My Chiefs mates (all family!)played the same game on Saturday night - which Tigers team was better!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
leic

Post by leic »

Read in the telegraph Crofty, injury recovery seems very slow, and certainly won't make autumn internationals. Really hope he does fully recover and makes you realise how lucky he is to actually play again.
Hartley injured...... Will he be fit for autumn internationals......next England hooker?
Would you risk T Youngs?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

leic wrote:Read in the telegraph Crofty, injury recovery seems very slow, and certainly won't make autumn internationals. Really hope he does fully recover and makes you realise how lucky he is to actually play again.
Hartley injured...... Will he be fit for autumn internationals......next England hooker?
Would you risk T Youngs?
How would the telegraph know about Croft's injury? Cockers doesn't normally tell anyone about the extent of injury's. I suppose this means he will be back for the start of next season.
:smt009
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Gavin Mairs in the DT today reported as follows;

"Meanwhile, Leicester Tigers flanker Tom Croft has played down any chance of him turning out for England during the November Tests. Croft has been sidelined since April with a neck injury and he has yet to return to full training.

“I’m on track of where I’d hope to be at this time,” Croft said. “We are still a little way off but it is just part of being a rugby player. England is not a concern of mine at the moment, my concern is getting back for Leicester and back playing well.” "

I don't think that sounds like he will be out all season, just hopefully back playing for Tigers before Christmas all being well.
Soggypitch
redrugertiger
Tiger Cub

Post by redrugertiger »

Soggypitch wrote:Gavin Mairs in the DT today reported as follows;

"Meanwhile, Leicester Tigers flanker Tom Croft has played down any chance of him turning out for England during the November Tests. Croft has been sidelined since April with a neck injury and he has yet to return to full training.

“I’m on track of where I’d hope to be at this time,” Croft said. “We are still a little way off but it is just part of being a rugby player. England is not a concern of mine at the moment, my concern is getting back for Leicester and back playing well.” "

I don't think that sounds like he will be out all season, just hopefully back playing for Tigers before Christmas all being well.
when a player rules out of England, You can be sure that means France or Japan in the coming year(s).
boon

Post by boon »

when a player says 'at the moment' it indicates he just wants to get back playing well for his club first, then kick on to england (or other national side if he is of a different nationality!)

i think most clubs have injury issues, its a sad fact of the modern game.

saints did quite well for a while but have some big players out themselves this season - lawes and wood missing the start & coming in after missing months & months, mujati, mercey, elliott, craig, day, geoge pisi, dickinson foden and now hartley.

btw - hartley's eye reported not to be too long term/serious and likely to be back playing before the internationals. i doubt many of you care about hartley but you shouldnt worry too much just yet about tom youngs being thrown in the deep end.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

boon wrote: i doubt many of you care about hartley but you shouldnt worry too much just yet about tom youngs being thrown in the deep end.
I think that is off the mark,we do care about players welfare, no-one wants a player injured,who ever he plays for.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

redrugertiger wrote:
Soggypitch wrote:Gavin Mairs in the DT today reported as follows;

when a player rules out of England, You can be sure that means France or Japan in the coming year(s).
I just listened to an interview with Cockers where he said Corft will be playing again in 4 or 5 weeks. Great news :smt023

The link is on another thread already but here it is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19827043
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I think every supporter thinks their team is worse off as those are the players we worry over obsessively for months and read every scrap of news about. We can at least count ourselves lucky that ours are walking wounded, think of poor James Bailey at Wasps breaking a leg on his debut.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Re: Croft.

I would love to believe Cockers when he says 4 to 5 weeks, but after 6 months Croft is still not taking contact, and Cockers cannot be believed when he speaks on injuries (and I understand why - no criticism intended).

Until he takes contact and all is OK I would not bank on seeing him back any time soon... and there must be a risk that it will never be OK, though I truly hope not. When fit he is an awesome player
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

boon wrote:
i doubt many of you care about hartley but you shouldnt worry too much just yet about tom youngs being thrown in the deep end.

I think that is off the mark,we do care about players welfare, no-one wants a player injured,who ever he plays for.

Just for once I agree with Burnie. Eeeeeeeek
A life long Tiger
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

A couple of tweets from Bowden asking for 'A four leaf clover, horseshoes and rabbit's foot'. Slightly worrying...