Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by tigerburnie »

To steal someone elses phrase

KEEP THE FAITH

sure there's a sound reason for all of this,not obvious,but sure there is one.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I can see the sense in what you say Skin and Muscle.

I would also hope that Quins will play quite an open game which hopefully gives us the opportunity to get Goneva involved as he was against Worcester
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I know it is raining but so much doom and gloom? This is a better team than the one that lost at home to Quins last year! Hang on a minute, its raining - whoop whoop! :smt026 :smt026
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I too can see some sense in rotating and resting... not sure this is the game to do it though.

Crane and Smith have points to prove and they now cannot complain that they have not been given their chance.

Biggest risk is not from the changes but lack of scrum half.. I think Danny C will run rings round Harrison.

If there is an injury in the backs (not wanted :-) I would like to see Ford come on and Floody move to Inside Center as first option rather than Tomb Stone, but that might be a gamble too far in this game. You have got to think Ford and Flood have tried this out at Oval park.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Hoped Morris or Thompstone would come in for the injured Geordie, so pleased to see both given an opportunity this week.

Prop rotation now in full effect on both sides of the scrum (until Marcos gets back ?), so most of the team as expected....

But - where's Manu - this is NOT the game for rest or rotation (especially for Smith, whose defence is not better than Manu's & his attacking game is inferior too) IMO. There MUST be an injury problem...

And - JC for Waldrom is a big call, too, but I'm happier to trust RC to make that call & hope it turns out to be the right one.

With the form Quins are in, this has now become a very tricky game for us to win - and you HAVE to win your home games, don't you ?
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

After Alex's great success at bowling over Gloucs players Cockers has clearly decided to rest Manu on Saturday so that he can go to Kingsholm on Monday night and continue the family tradition.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Jay C wrote:
But - where's Manu - this is NOT the game for rest or rotation (especially for Smith, whose defence is not better than Manu's & his attacking game is inferior too) IMO. There MUST be an injury problem...
IMO Smith's defence is better than Manu's as he doesn't rush out of the line, although you do lose the occasional massive hit! I think our best defensive centre pairing is Allen and Smith.
neilac

Post by neilac »

I have a spare tickeyfor a seat in the Caterpillar stand for tomorrow's match. For sale at face value (£34). Call 07716 405795
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Let's face it - the problem isn't that there is a good reason, a bad reason etc for Manu not playing, but that we don't know what the reason is! For all we know he may have been a bad boy, fallen out with Cockers, got food poisoning, being rested in line with Elite Rugby requirements, be bored with rugby ... etc , etc etc.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

A lot of people called for changes and questioned why Cockers was picking the same team. He makes changes and.......uproar ! Amazing. So people want changes but they want the changes that THEY want !!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I like S&M's analysis and I think this outfit will rattle Quins' teeth and surprise a few people.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I don't see what everyone's problem is. This is the best side we could pick for the game, we don't know why Manu is not playing but I assume it is because of the stupid EPS rule. Lets see what happens.

COME :smt027 YOU :smt027 TIGERS :smt027
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Manu shoulder injury according to D Telegraph and D Mail.

Report from "This is Leicestershire" web-site
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

RWA wrote:A lot of people called for changes and questioned why Cockers was picking the same team. He makes changes and.......uproar ! Amazing. So people want changes but they want the changes that THEY want !!
Well said. :smt023
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

BJ...this really winds me up. I've played rugby and now coach at Under 14 level. I watch any rugby that I can, NZ rugby, English, Welsh, Irish, Aus etc...I love the game. I have a strong opinion on what I think the best side is for Tigers. It's not always the same as what Cockers puts out. He's at Oval Park and sees the players day in, day out. I don't. So given that he is a Level 4/5 coach, has played at the very highest level and knows every player far far better than I ever will, he is in the best position to pick a side. We don't have to agree with it but it is what it is ! If we lose or play badly, Cockers will come out and say it how it is and take responsibility for the defeat. Now let's get into them !!