Tigers v Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by mike »

Crane seems miles off the place at the moment - he was never quick but seems way short of match fitness to me . Personally I think both Ford and Flood find it a bit difficult playing with Allen as he is mainly a link man and offers no attacking threat - the defenders just concentrate on flood and Manu .If Bowden doesn't produce the goods we must get back the one whose name cannot be spoken .
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

mike wrote:Crane seems miles off the place at the moment - he was never quick but seems way short of match fitness to me . Personally I think both Ford and Flood find it a bit difficult playing with Allen as he is mainly a link man and offers no attacking threat - the defenders just concentrate on flood and Manu .If Bowden doesn't produce the goods we must get back the one whose name cannot be spoken .
I feel that AA is being given a raw deal - he's not played badly so far and certainly nowhere near as badly as some forum users assert. Still think the problem is combinations Youngs/Flood :smt023 Harrison/Ford :smt023 , whereas Youngs/Ford :smt102 (OK ish), Harrison/Flood :smt018.

Until we see Youngs back I'd much rather see Ford at 10 and Flood at 12, AA at 13 and Manu on the wing.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I see a correction has been issued and Barf are potentially chasing Youngs not Ford. I was going to say that Ford isn't ready for retirement yet.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

BJ. wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:If I was cockers i would go with
1. Lupo
2. Youngs
3. Cole
Who is Lupo? I've checked both the senior and academy squads and cannot find anyone of that name.
Shorthand for mulipola
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

kpj tiger wrote:Shorthand for mulipola
Really? Certain players have nicknames or diminutives of their real names. These are normally generated within the club and therefore recognised by players, staff and supporters alike. Logovi'i Mulipola came to Leicester with the nickname Logo. It gets confusing if individuals start making up their own nicknames and expect everybody else to know what they're talking about. For example, there are a couple on this forum who refer to Logo as Fluffy.

Life is a lot easier if we all sing from the same song sheet. :smt001
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

BJ. wrote:[quote="kpj tiger"

Life is a lot easier if we all sing from the same song sheet. :smt001
This confirms you have lost the plot BJ! You want us all to sing? I cant even clap in time after chanting Tigers! :smt001 BTW my friend refers to Logo as Lollipop.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I call him WoollyPully :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

It's Longo - the N is pronounced but not written.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Returning to the Quins game...someone mentioned that they thought Flood was too far from Harrison which meant Harrison struggled with his service; personally thought this was because Flood was standing far too deep in general. Add to this the fact that we weren't aggressive enough (minus T Youngs) at ruck time I think Harrison's job was made pretty tricky. To get a result against Quins Flood's going to need to stand much flatter and at times I'd like to see us try to hit past the ball at times.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

youngtiger wrote:Returning to the Quins game...someone mentioned that they thought Flood was too far from Harrison which meant Harrison struggled with his service; personally thought this was because Flood was standing far too deep in general. Add to this the fact that we weren't aggressive enough (minus T Youngs) at ruck time I think Harrison's job was made pretty tricky. To get a result against Quins Flood's going to need to stand much flatter and at times I'd like to see us try to hit past the ball at times.
I agree at some points it was like Hougard had returned Flood was that deep!

Selection rather hamstrung by Match fitness issues,(Oh for a proper A League!) neither Bowden Or Thompstone, Ford are match fit. Crane is a mile off & the bench balance is off as a result, Thorpe onto bench (also not match fit) in place of Andrew.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Interesting what "Bubbles" said in his interview about this game and how we can hurt them.
In Marler they have a decent prop, but I still think we need to step up a gear in the forwards and dominate in the loose as well as the set piece to win this match comfortably.
I really would spend most of the first half starving them of any ball by commiting to the rucks and mauls to ensure we keep the ball and to keep it in hand, rather than the aimless kicking with poor chasing that I am told we were guilty of last week. Quinns are currently full of confidence, we dent that confidence,just like we did at the stoop last year and we can take the points from this game I think(maybe not 5 points,but certainly a win).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm sure Cockers will pick the right team on Saturday, and personally I hope Bowden is in the 22.

Whatever team takes the field however I just hope we play with real ambition and try to win the game, as opposed to trying not to lose the game (last week).

That doesn't mean running from everywhere but it does mean taking the occasional risk and playing heads up rugby, exactly as we did in the last few games of last season - until the final!!
Soggypitch
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Official Team
Leicester Tigers (v Harlequins, Welford Road, Saturday 5.30pm)
15 Scott Hamilton
14 Niall Morris
13 Matt Smith
12 Anthony Allen
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Toby Flood
9 Sam Harrison
1 Boris Stankovich
2 Tom Youngs
3 Martin Castrogiovanni
4 Graham Kitchener
5 Geoff Parling