Tigers v Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Quins

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Tigers return home after a dire game agaisnt Saracens to face a Quins side who have three bonus point wins out of three to head the premiership table. Can Tigers discover their form and stop the current champions making it four from four?

Bring it on!

:smt035 :smt035 :smt035
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Quins

Post by Bill W (2) »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Tigers return home after a dire game agaisnt Saracens to face a Quins side who have three bonus point wins out of three to head the premiership table. Can Tigers discover their form and stop the current champions making it four from four?

Bring it on!

:smt035 :smt035 :smt035
An insightful and thought provoking message.

:smt009
Still keeping the faith!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I predict a home win!! :smt023

And deprive Quins of the LBP.My only concern is who will be the half backs? That is an area Quins will be targeting.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Flood needs to improve if we want to win but I have a feeling that he will. Tigers by 7.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I agree and I am very suprised that ford did not come on in the last 20

Each time I have watched both of them this season I would say Ford has superior game management.

Sarries where able to change their game by changing their 10 yesterday and I believe we could have broken the stale mate if we had changed ours at the same time
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Respect is due to Charlie Hodgson, a class player. I am worried about Flood (aired elsewhere), his game is getting a bit ragged at times and he is showing a lot of visible and audible frustration on the pitch.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

I am worried about Flood (aired elsewhere), his game is getting a bit ragged at times and he is showing a lot of visible and audible frustration on the pitch.

The pressure of having Ford rather than Twelvetrees or Staunton onthe bench methinks.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

IMHO Cockers should consider starting with Phibbs and Ford with Harrison and Flood on the bench. I say consider because I do not well how much or well Phibbs and Ford have played together in training.
Still keeping the faith!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Bill W (2) wrote:IMHO Cockers should consider starting with Phibbs and Ford with Harrison and Flood on the bench. I say consider because I do not well how much or well Phibbs and Ford have played together in training.
Completely agree about the importance of the combination, Tigers are lucky to have Youngs/ Flood when both are fit who play extremely well together. That said I would go for Harrison and Ford on Saturday, Flood was poor vs. Saffas having not impressed in his first two games either. Is Bowden a viable option to replace AA for this game?? I can't see Cockers picking him but attacking flair was missing yesterday.

Will Smurph be fit and if not how does Cockers replace him?? Clearly Hamilton plays full-back (some will call for Morris but he hasn't played all season) with one of Benjamin, Thompstone or Smith on the wing, Benjamin for me. I wouldn't be suprised to see Cockers go with Smith though. Hopefully Smurph is fit, his absence may have had something to do with the lack of creativity but the backline are going to have to learn to play without him!

It will be a tough game but I back Tigers to win a tense and nervy affair by 4-9 points, which is why Ford should start, he may not be as strong as Flood in defence or as creative in attack but his game management and kicking from hand are better. Horses for courses!!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I am sure that Flood will start on Saturday. A Harrison / Ford combination is a weakness for Tigers and Quins will exploit this.
As one user has stated Flood is better defensively and managing the game and this will be required against a very good Quins side.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Maybe put Flood at 12, Allen hasn't been on his best form. This would be my team.

15.Hamilton (I doubt Smurph will be ready
14.Thompstone (Apparently he played well in the A league)
13.Manu
12.Flood/Bowden(Hopefully having a distributor at 12 will improve our attack)
11.Goneva
10.Ford
9.Harrison
8.Waldrom
7.Salvi
6.Mafi
5.Parling
4.Kitchener
3.Cole
2.Youngs
1.Fluffy

16.Hawkins
17.Boris
18.Castro
19.Andrew
20.Crane
21.Phipps
22.Bowden
23.Morris
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Did the first two posts strike anyone else as deju vu.

How did that turn out?

Thanks for starting the thread VOTC.
leic

Post by leic »

Flood was poor because Harrison was dreadful. Whoever plays at 10 will struggle if Harrison doesn't improve. Feel sorry for Sam but he ain't good enough at the moment, but who knows another start and another game under his belt I may eat my words next Saturday! Hears hoping.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Ford at 10 would be fine, and Harrison will provide him the service he needs. Ford is IMHO better at game management than Flood, so would remove some of that workload from Harrison, which will allow him to concentrate with his distribution.

My concern is AA at 12. From the previous occasions I have seen him and Ford together, he offers Ford nothing. AA is (normally) great on the game line, but his game falls apart when playing from a deeper position.

I would consider Flood / Bowden, with Ford coming on at 50-60mins.

I would refresh the backrow as well, Crane for TTTE maybe, and Deacs for Mafi (use Mafi at 55mins for impact). Kitchener should be able to jump at 2 in-place of Mafi.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

From what I have seen Crane is still off the pace and getting up to match fitness. For that reason alone I would start with TTTE. Also TTTE always plays his heart out and was one of few positives against Sarries.