RIP Nevin Spence

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JohnB

RIP Nevin Spence

Post by JohnB »

It is being reported on the unofficial Leinster MB, Babbling Brook that young Ulster player, Nevin Spence, his brother and father were the 3 people died in a slurry pit on a farm near Hillsborough in N. Ireland. May they rest in peace.
Tigerbeat

Re: RIP Nevin Spence

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.facebook.com/nevinspenceofficial

Thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time. A talent taken away before time.

RIP Nevin Spence
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hopefully his sister who is reported to be quite will will pull through. What a dreadful tragedy for their family!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Tragic for the family,R.I.P
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
ozwaldcopperpot
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ozwaldcopperpot »

i woke to the news, very sad indeed. my heart goes out to the family. i talked to some Ulstermen this morning, they are devastated.

rest in peace young man.
...Devil's advocate
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

He played his last game on Friday afternoon for Ulster Ravens against Munster making his way back from injury. The lad was named Young Player of the Year at the Irish Rugby Union Players' Association Awards last year.
To lose 3 family members in the same incident is beyond comprehension. How the Mother/Wife and sister must be feeling is unimaginable. A very sad time for all concerned.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Many rugby players are tweeting their shock & sadness at this dreadful news. When I first read the breaking news about it last night it didn't mention names or anything so I didn't make any connection, just an awful tragedy.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Devastating for the Spence family, my thoughts are with them. Horrendous for Ulster and Rugby in general, a bright future talent taken away in the cruellest of ways. R.I.P. Nevin Spence, your Father Noel & Brother Graham too. I wish your sister Emma a speedy recovery, though how she copes with this tragedy remains to be seen.

I hope we at Tigers can join with Ulster Rugby to mark this in the only way really possible, a minute of silence before our home game Vs Quins next Saturday.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

So sad for all the family,may they all rest in peace
LE15
Tiger Cub

Post by LE15 »

A lot of fans on Twitter are trying to get Stand Up For The Ulstermen sung at all games in the Premiership and Rabo Direct this weekend hope Tigers fans join in especially as we are on TV
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Do we know if anybody from Tigers PR reads these boards? Might be an idea to throw on a few bars of Go West after the first score or something to give people a bit of a clue, a sell out crowd singing in unison will give the lad the sort of send off he deserves.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote:Do we know if anybody from Tigers PR reads these boards? Might be an idea to throw on a few bars of Go West after the first score or something to give people a bit of a clue, a sell out crowd singing in unison will give the lad the sort of send off he deserves.
IF they do this I'd prefer it to be before kick-off or at half-time, I don't think playing it during live play would give it the proper attention.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
redlakie

Post by redlakie »

I tried to get SUFTUM going at half time, when they started playing it over the tannoy in the Crumbie, got a few strange looks, (mainly from my brother), but at least I tried!

Thought the minutes silence was beautifully observed.