Today's game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Today's game

Post by kpb »

I was held up today and couldn't make the game,(despite buying my family ticket several weeks ago!!!)

I have seen the final score,sounds very convincing,how was the game? Did we pick up any injures?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Today's game

Post by Darc Tiger »

It was a good run out for Leicester. Some great plays in attack and pleasing defence for the most part. Lineout and scrum were much better than was has been reported in the last 2 games. Youngs still prone to a few dodgy throws though. Having Mulipola back is massive for us. Goneva and Manu stood out for me. Both had a great game.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:Goneva and Manu stood out for me. Both had a great game.
Agree wholeheartedly with Darc on this. Goneva looked very lively, quick feet and hands and good offloading, seemed to be everywhere throughout the match, seemed to spend a fair bit of the first 20 mins at rucks. Manu's passing/offloading was pretty good too. Bit of a flashpoint from Manu in the first half, but that was due, imo, to Nottingham's No 7, Tom Calladine, using Manu's face as a hand rest while Manu was on the floor! Handbags nothing more.

Worst aspect of the whole playing game for me was Tigers' restart receipts, seemed to lack positioning and communication, quite shabby really, and something I think we're usually quite good/organised at, still, a week to put it right.

Scrum looked good and shoved Nottingham off their ball several times and for some distance on many of our put ins.

Alex Lewington looked quite lively. Good to see Brett Deacon run out. Loads of replacements on in second half, all looked up for it - as they should really.

No obvious injuries to report on (as far as I could see anyway)

Shame Rob Hawkins didn't get on, though good to see him back, similarly with Matt Tait, good to see him warming up with the squad, hopefully he'll get a chance to play some rugby and stay injury free.

Biggest thing Tigers need to fix is.......the guttering on the Crumbie, sorry, H&B stand roof......may as well have just hooked a hosepipe up there and drenched the supporters on the terrace below :smt003 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Some photos from the Nottingham game

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16429543@N ... 239364982/
stretch_

Post by stretch_ »

Was a good run out in my opinion. Goneva ran some great lines and has the step. You can see the 7's player in him. Manu was looking good but looked like he came off with a dead leg. In his defence it also looked like the notts 7 gave him a bit of boot on the floor after the play that he took exception to.

All in all was a good run out only negative for me was Tom Youngs throwing. Was quite wayward but hopefully new season rust and will get in the swing of things in the next week or so.

I managed to stand against some of the steps at the back of the terraces so was completely dry.
Crumbie Terrace Season Ticket Holder
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Thought the Notts 7 was a handful. A real bruiser. Also their 13 ran some great lines.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Was I the only one who was annoyed by the announcer saying Jordan Crane as John Cae. Also I found Fluffy's samurai styled haircut strange to say the least. Agree with many about Goneva, looks like a quality find and has a great step,slightly poor under the high ball though. Does anyone know why we wore our white kit when Nottingham were wearing white also?
TigerGirl2210
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerGirl2210 »

Baby Tiger has arrive! It was his first match today with very proud grandad Sherpa2 :) really enjoyed the game and the stewards were fantastic when the rain started coming down. Feel very confident that we will have many more games to come :)
The one who smiles when things go wrong, has thought of someone to blame it on
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerLad wrote:Does anyone know why we wore our white kit when Nottingham were wearing white also?
http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/14716.php

"Tigers, wearing their away colours, as they will at London Welsh in the Aviva Premiership opener next Sunday,"

Maybe it's as simple as Tigers getting used to playing together in the change/away strip before next week???........other than that i've no idea. Thought Nottingham were in grey strictly speaking, but there was a lack of distinction between the two.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Nottingham were definitely in grey. And our number 13 was on trial here last pre-season and Tigers broke him spectacularly as he did his ACL while on trial :smt013

Calladine does look pretty good I must say. Anyone who dares take on Manu must be either brave or slightly stupid but being the only Notts fan right in the middle of a load of Tigers fans I was the only one defending him :smt003

Well played, Tigers :smt003 I think you just ran riot over us in the second half. Shame about the rain... I spent half time in the Ladies' trying to dry my hoodie under the hand dryer and I wasnt the only one!
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Calladine would be a great signing, looked lively and worked hard. English 22 year old 7, hopefully Cockers was impressed by him and gives him a trial.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

TigerLad wrote: Does anyone know why we wore our white kit when Nottingham were wearing white also?
Maybe they are trying to boost sales. People are more likely to buy the shirt if they see their favourite players wearing it.

Hopefully we will build on todays result for next week and start the season with a bonus point win.
S4llyC

Post by S4llyC »

[quote="hww27"

Calladine does look pretty good I must say. Anyone who dares take on Manu must be either brave or slightly stupid but being the only Notts fan right in the middle of a load of Tigers fans I was the only one defending him :smt003

[/quote]

He certainly looked pumped up - but if he's thinking of the step up to WR, I reckon he needs to find himself a decent hairdresser and lose the "axe murderer" look :smt002
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

TigerLad wrote:Was I the only one who was annoyed by the announcer saying Jordan Crane as John Cae.
Are you confusing him with Joe Cain? He was on the bench.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

BJ. wrote:
TigerLad wrote:Was I the only one who was annoyed by the announcer saying Jordan Crane as John Cae.
Are you confusing him with Joe Cain? He was on the bench.
No, it was after Crane's try.