Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by ay2oh »

After raising it with the Final Whistle Bar Supervisor and then escalating to the Bar Manager, I was finally rewarded with a half pint of lemonade and lime for £1.80. Reason for escalation? Initially being asked for £6, yes six pounds to repeat, for the drink. Apparently, lemonade and lime is not a normal request but I of course I could have had a pint for the same amount. :smt012 It finally took about 15 minutes of arguing to get some sort of sane response. Crazy, absolutely crazy.
A2O
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Unbelievable.
Tigers - true Champions!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Services in ABC MUCH MUCH Better.

Price of food products. Obscene.

£3 for a bag of munchies.

£3 for a sausage roll.

etc etc.

Even the stuff that takes years to go off is far too overpriced.

Something needs to be done there too, while prices are what they are Morissons is getting a lot more business.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Whilst the bar service is light years ahead of where it was earlier this season and previously (like incredibly so, on a completely different level) the food service leaves a lot to be desired. Fancied a pie and a hot drink at half time yesterday. No chance with the queues from the word go.
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Walked into the ABC at halftime yesterday to hear one of the bar staff shouting 'CAN I HELP ANYBODY' what......thought for a minute I was at an A League game, not playing the European Champions with 22000 in!!!

The transformation is truly amazing
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

speedski wrote:Price of food products. Obscene.

Something needs to be done there too, while prices are what they are Morissons is getting a lot more business.
I'd second that. Took our own bag of crisps yesterday.

Did make me laugh in the Whistle yesterday where I gave a "server" the correct money for a pint. First of all he was reluctant to take it and then when he did he was swiveling in a panic looking for a "cashier". Now before anyway gets too critical of me I would just like to say I ran an attended petrol station by myself when I was 17/18 - includng cashing up and locking up. Just amazes me how scared these kids look!

Service in terms of speed and lack of queues at the bar was excellent.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

ourla wrote:Did make me laugh in the Whistle yesterday where I gave a "server" the correct money for a pint. First of all he was reluctant to take it and then when he did he was swivelling in a panic looking for a "cashier".
:smt005

My guess is he didn't know the price of a pint and there will be no mention of it on the pump. He'll just be programmed to pull your pint, take your money, press a button on the till that says 'pint of (whatever)' and hand back the change the till decides you should have. Independent thinking is most likely not encouraged nor rewarded.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

The prices are on a big sign above the tills behind him. That's how I know to give the right money. Only certain people can use the tills. I saw another server asking for a till person if they could take some money. I understand it's a system and tbh if the level of training or knowledge of the staff means that is the way it has to be fair enough. Just mildly amused me that's all.

On a wider note I'm not sure it has to be like that but lets not go there.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

It is still hilarious to be served by folks who look barely of the age to drink, can barely pour a pint, quite good at pouring a three quarters tho! I paid my first visit to the Final Whistle bar in ages after the Wheelchair Rugby. Trad Tiger was very good, no one much wanting service but it was early. Keen young lad poured me a three quarters, so I suggested a top up. "Some people like it with a head" !!!!
"But I like a pint" the lad puts a bit more in and a bigger head ensues, despit my tuition. Young lady then attacks the head Dutch style with a spatula!! You couldn't make it up. Anyway it got near the top and tasted good. However there are pubs in the Good Beer Guide near the ground who serve a pint of good stuff invariably. I know why I patronise them!
Tigers - true Champions!
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Queued for 15 minutes today for 2 coffees at one of the counters under the Goldsmith Stand. 3 children serving, 1 taking the money, very long queue, very slow service. Really need to sort this out.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Queued for 20mins at half time in the GNC for a hot chocolate. Eventually (18mins) I got to the counter only to be told they had run out of hot chocolate and only had tea and coffee left. I ordered a coffee and when the drink arrived I was told that there was no plastic lids for the cups.

Needless to say I am very displeased with this state of affairs, the weather for the day was known in advance and it does not take a rocket scientist to realise that there would be a run on all hot drinks and their respective containers.

Appallingly poor customer service :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Yes it seems that while the bar service is infinitely better, they're still using their duff staff on the food and hot drinks outlets.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

That's why the chippy does a roaring trade at half time. 'Smokers' leave the ground to be served quicker and at a sensible prices!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Shambolic on Friday night!

Upper MET-Rx stand they ran out of sugar, then they ran out of lids for hot drinks so couldn't sell them 'due to health and safety!'

The vast majority of the Corporate lot never emerged until 7 minutes in to the second half so almost got to see Tom Young's second try, but not quite!

It is embarrassing - how can we as a club provide such a poor match day experience!

If I was Simon Cohen I would be kicking the caterers from here to kingdom come!

They are making him look stupid! Stupid, because either he doesn't care, or is powerless to actually have any influence given how long this absolutely dismal display of efficiency has been going on.

Simon - are you aware how many people bring their own 'stuff' to the game and choose to eat and drink elsewhere just because Tigers cannot provide decent food and drink served effectively, or priced realistically!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well to provide a bit of balance, bar service in the Lower Cat was outstanding. I hadn't even reached the bar before someone has asked my order. People are being served immediately and quickly. It is on a different planet to where it was at the beginning of the season, and I felt compelled to thank the bar staff for this.

It does seem though that Lindleys are still coming up short with provision of food and hot drinks.