Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Icarus

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback Forum-as at August 2012.

Post by Icarus »

Tiger_Dad wrote:
The new food outlets in the CAT operate well and the food tastes great - bigger hot dogs, fresh domino's and fried chicken... They've installed the four hot beverages kiosks, two on each floor.
But because we are two different sides of the stadium the Crumbie don't see this.

Surely an effort to link both sides should be made.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

But we have curry, pies and hog roast (and a better laugh) :smt002

The ABC is a traditional, old stand and there is no where to put new, integrated outlets. I'm not sure if they would be in keeping with the ABC anyway...

You could always transfer to the CAT!
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Hi Harp_s45 and thank you for your considered post.

I'm aware that some bars still struggle with new staff. The Captain's was particularly problematic during the the build-up to KO for the Worcester match. I noticed it and sent a text to Jason (Lindleys stadium manager) who I think sorted soon after.

I would like to see a staff member dedicated to pre-pour on each bar who starts pre-pouring 30-40 mins before KO and 10 mins before half time. This would obviously need to be altered according to predicted attendance levels.

Lindleys have also invited me to attend a staff briefing before a match so will have a better idea of the levels of training and direction given to new starters.

I'll keep you posted

Sorry about your latest experience. I'll make sure Jason reads it
Harp_s45

Post by Harp_s45 »

Thanks for the reply Tiger_Dad , much appreciated.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

One of the issues (I know I have raised it before) is that Cask Bitter is only available in the Captains Bar, And it takes longer to pull. Could it not also be made available in the Mark Bar? They seem to cope very well currently.
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Hi Bill - I ask but I know Tigers/ Everards have invested quite heavily in the closed season on new pumps, regulators and quick pour system in the ABC which might not be compatible with hand pull.

Captains Bar:
Unfortunately there are still some technical issues with the speed bar in the Captains but hopefully you'll see an improvement in service and queuing times for the Worcester match.

Quins will be a full house and a real test for the catering teams around the groud so please continue to feedback your experiences and constructive suggestions. :smt002
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

Well no change this week. The beer queues in the Cat were as slow as ever and now it takes an age to even buy a cup of tea because the one person in the box also has to sell hot dogs. I've given up now and will bring food and drink with me.
benn

Post by benn »

No sign of pre pouring in the captains' bar yesterday. waited 20 mins to get served (arrived at 5pm) which was actually an improvement on 2 weeks ago. My main concern is that the person operating the till doesn't assist the pourer - we ordered 3 pints of guinness and a diet coke, the till operator just stood there after we had paid him whilst his colleague fulfilled our order - could he not have poured a pint or fetched the coke? seems a very odd way to run a bar.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Concur with benn. Service in Captains Bar fine until approx 1630. No sign of any extra staff being allocated to deal with the "rush". At 1630 I took my pint of cask outside and had a smoke!
Still keeping the faith!
Davewilko
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Davewilko »

Well the captains bar before the Quins game wasn't as full as at the worc game but again no speed bar and the staff seemed even more useless than normal. They were operating a in/out system apparently although this wasn't signed. I am only glad we weren't the people in front of us as they compoletely messed up the order.

It was commented while we were in the queue that the bar ran better when it was staffed by volunteers. Surely a professional club should insist on smooth, efficient and professional service from all their contractors. May need to be curtains or penalties etc for Lindleys, if the club actually cares about quality rather than just bar takings
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Davewilko wrote:Well the captains bar before the Quins game wasn't as full as at the worc game but again no speed bar and the staff seemed even more useless than normal. They were operating a in/out system apparently although this wasn't signed. I am only glad we weren't the people in front of us as they compoletely messed up the order.

It was commented while we were in the queue that the bar ran better when it was staffed by volunteers. Surely a professional club should insist on smooth, efficient and professional service from all their contractors. May need to be curtains or penalties etc for Lindleys, if the club actually cares about quality rather than just bar takings
I too can remember when the bar(s) was/were staffed by volunteers! The were between 3 and 4 times as many staff on the bar(s) at peak times!!
Still keeping the faith!
TigerScot

Post by TigerScot »

This is my first visit to this topic and I am amazed. Having read that the No.1 agreement in the pre-season meeting was to have pre-poured drinks .... what happened ???

I am at every game, and the No.1 complaint in the queue every time is "why dont they pre-pour just like Twickeham".

Since I am here anyway ....the new pizza kiosks are rubbish. This should be fast delivery of pizza for cash. Not waiting for the poor guy/girl in the kiosk to make a cup of tea while the pizza buyers queue up. Just not worth it.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Not specifically a catering gripe, but one about the amount of space being taken up by the kids club area in the Final Whistle bar before games.

This weekend it had extended right to the end of the bar area, blocking off the doors at the far end.

My wife has Rhumatoid arthritus and isn't too good on her pins at the moment, and it was extremeley annoying to walk the lenghth of the Final Whistle (with the intention of leaving by the Welford Road end doors) to be told there was no exit that way becasue of the kids area expanding.

Annoying for us... but what about health and safety - those doors are key exits surely as the only other doors directly outside are thos at the other end of the bar - all others go back into the building.

Also (just to give it a bit of catering spin), the people at the food outlet at that end must be del;ighted that there is no through flow of people past their stand and nowhere for them to queue.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I have to say that the Guinness in the ABC bar for the Newcastle development game was top notch. I know that there is no pressure on the staff but, fair is fair,good as it gets in plastic.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Enough is enough! No improvement again today in the CAT stand!

We need to organise a ground-wide protest at the Ospreys game of the absolute incompetence of Lindleys catering at Tigers! Three seasons is more than enough time. Perception is that all we do is moan about it on here and despite an awful lot of effort from TigerDad he is evidently paid lip service whilst all the club actually do is dismiss our concerns!

I propose that we unite through all media possible (local radio and newspapers, twitter, forums, facebook, etc) as well as Sky or ESPN, if they are covering the Ospreys game, to ensure they focus on the many banners calling for the dismissal of Lindleys as the caterers for Tigers. We should also have a pre-match and half-time chant of "Lindleys out!"

We need to raise the profile of the utter ineptitude of Lindleys to what appears to be the blinkered, apathetic leadership at the club, of how poor the off the pitch match day experience is for the non-corporate fans!

OR - we could just say this is too much to pull off and keep moaning on here for another few seasons!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?