Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by G.K »

Now realised why The Final Whistle is so named - it's because that's about all you will see of the match by the time you get your drink. :smt011
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Was in the Crumbie lounge or whatever it is called next to ABC and it was virtually impossible to watch the 2nd half of the England game due to lots of people on chairs who you could not stand in front of as you would block their view from the 2 tiny very very old TV's. Mentioned it to the supervisor who said a big tv/screen was on their list to do's. WHEN??????????

So what did I do other than get a pint? I tried the Chicken Balti pie - it used to be my favourite from the little serving hatch at the start of the Crumbie. To my disappointment - it was aweful!!!!!! I would love to know how many 3cm pieces of chicken make up a chicken pie?? Mine had 5! It had a diameter of about 12cm and therefore the majority of the pie was PASTRY so I have now renamed this offering as the "Tigers pastry pie" with the hint of India and chicken and expect to see it renamed on the menu board by next match - OR - Dom will be on the case.
Hehehehehehehehe
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Good question - when!(be careful with the question marks trendy)
We will probably have to wait until the stand is rebuilt to get the same standard of facilities as the rest of the ground :smt013
As for the pie it's just a symbol of the food in general at Welford road overpriced & poor quality! It's been mentioned many times on this thread before we live in a area which produces world famous food products & Tigers fans have to put up with this Lindleys cr--!
Surely it's not beyond the club to insist that fans get value for money & use local suppliers who I'm sure would jump at the chance to show off their wares.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

The staff in the lower Cat bar exhibited their wonderful beer pulling skills yet again yesterday. I stood in awe as I watched one of them pull a flat pint of Guinness swiftly followed by a pint of Tiger that was about 80% head.

I fully appreciate what you get if you pay peanuts but is it really beyond the realms of possibility for them to be shown what a proper pint looks like? I further appreciate they are usually under pressure to shift beer as quickly as possible but the debacle I witnessed was over an hour before kick-off and I was the only person at the bar at that time.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The service in the Captain's bar yesterday was terrible. Slow oblivious bar staff and not enough of them.

I always use the speed bar which just sells beer and guinness. Did the staff half pull a few pints in readiness for the rush pre game and at HT NO!!

On the contrary at HT there was nobody at the speed bar and I was v frustated in a massive queue at the proper bar. They then appeared about 5 mins into HT so I rushed over and managed to get served, I asked where they had been, the reply; "We were on our break"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually almost unbelievable if it were not true!!

The whole training of staff and I regret to say the general vacant attitude of the bar staff is a disgrace for a rugby club of any stature.
Soggypitch
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Just out of interest does anyone know when the handpumped Everards Tiger ran out in the Final Whistle yesterday. We generally head for the bar straight after the game and it seems that it has always run out before we get there. Seemed particularly ironic as Everards were the match day sponsors.

Really don't like the fizzy stuff and the Guinness always seems below par too. So no beer for me again yesterday - and I could really have done with one.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

This truly is dismal reading. Nothing seems to ever improve. The staffing situation always horrifies me. Is it not possible to hire, train and retain any capable people? I will stick to using the many good pubs around the town. There seems to be no reason to drink within the ground.
Tigers - true Champions!
tigersnottingham

Post by tigersnottingham »

Tigers should be looking at grounds like Exeter for inspiration. A variety of quality street food, curry tents, ale tents etc.

Fantastic.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Hand pumped Everards Tiger absent again in the Final Whistle on Friday. Apparently it ran out during the fireworks, i.e. 2 hours before closing.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Completely agree, Tigernotts I loved our visit to Exeter in their first season up. Otter ale in the guise of Hiawatha Ale and enormous pasties served by the lady who had made them at 4am that morning. Some folks get things right!
And....we won! :smt023
Tigers - true Champions!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Delighted to report service in Captains Bar excellent today!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

If you want to sample good catering and an excellent bar service,why not upgrade
your season ticket to the try line club. But Hurry numbers are being capped at 180 and there are only a few places left. Good Food,Good service and a friendly atmosphere what more could you want from a match day?
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

What I want is to get good beer and service without paying a second premium price over and above the current somewhat inflated one
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

The thing which amazes me is how many potential customer are being lost. We always eat in the Local Hero pre match- it is always packed. Not gourmet, but reasonable and not expensive. If there was an equivalent in the ground, we would eat there.
I presume the catering is subcontracted to the caterers, so Tigers have no incentive to improve, but I would imagine they would make £££££££ more if they did it themselves and used some imagination.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Last game spend £5 car parking ( not Tigers)
£3 on food at Kwikbite (not Tigers)

£0 = zero inside the ground.

Arrived about an hour before kick off and spent zero pounds and zero pence. There is very little incentive to buy anything at the shop because I have to use the entrance as far away as possible from it, food because of comments made previously on this thread and drink because I don't want to spend half time in a queue for the loo.

Apparently there was a Xmas fair but I didn't find out about it until inside the ground and then assumed it would be too much hassle to go out and come in again.
Which was a shame. Maybe I missed signs on the Aylestone Road which said Come to the Christmas Fair it's on the other side of where you are.