Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by waster »

thebearisstilldeano wrote:A mention for the appalling service and attitude of staff in the Captain's Bar last night (Cardiff pre season game 29 August at half time.

Having nipped in to buy a couple of bottles of pop I joined one of the queues for the bar. After about 5 mins I'm next but one to the front (the service seemed pretty slow anyway)when the faff started.

The fella who was getting served had ordered a pint of bitter as last drink in a round, but for some reason or other the Tiger pump had stopped.

The solution?

Four staff milling around umming and erring for around 5 minutes. Each takes a look at the pump, one disappears and returns, one farts around with the till, all the while nothing said to any of us in the queue (or the chap waiting for his round to be finished).

Then finally one of the staff (tall dark curly hair) simply reaches up and removes the "in" sign over the bar and starts to walk off. Chap in front of me who is next in line to be served says "You can't just close this bit of the bar" to which the reply was "You'll have to join another queue.

At this point the natives did become a tad restless which attracted the attention of a supervisor who tried to get some action out of the four black shirted rabi9ts behind the bar who tried to get things moving (however she was "not allowed" behind the bar to actually DO anything to sort out getting us served. Her problem was none of the staff seemed to know how to work any of the kit. One fessed up to having had no training at all.

Finally one of the brains trust did realise they could serve other drinks even if the Tiger wasn't flowing and the chap in front of me got his two lagers (which I think he just took as they were by now flapping about using the till) and I finally got my two bottles of Coke (which I did pay for though it did seem like a major trauma to get the cash into the till and decide how much change to give - £5 note given for two cokes at £2.30) with an almost inaudible mutter of "sorry for the wait".

20mins for two bottles of Coke!

By now the second half had started and there were still at least 10 more people in the queue waiting.

If this is any sort of indication as to the levels of service to be expected this season then God help us.

I was stuck in this debacle as well. Very, Very disappointing.. I had three friends who aren't regular attendees at Welford road and they thought I'd got lost at half time. This level of service just isn't acceptable. At the next game, I shall be voting with my feet and staying out of the ground until just before the game and then leaving straight after, lessen the queues for everyone else and take my hard earnt cash to a bar, where although it might be busy and there may be a short wait, serves quality products and has staff willing to give a smile and customer service!

I think this was a straw that broke my camel like back, but it was the latest in a long line of disapointing visits to brs arround the ground over recent seasons, so more like a Dutch barn full of bales. If that was what it was like when the ground is half full then I pray for divine intervention...........
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I understand that bar staff are going in at 10-00 for some retail training! :smt023
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Had a pie and pint before the game and, after a hefty, but understandable wait, a halftime pint. All staff serving were very pleasant I thought, and THREE apologised that the head on my first pint was a little full! Well done & thank you to whoever trained them.
No8

Post by No8 »

Jesus, where do the caterers get their burgers from? Paid £8.10 for 2 cheeseburgers today and the meat had the taste and texture of cat food! Both went straight in the bin.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

At about 20 minutes after the gates opened yesterday it took me three attempts to get a cup of tea .

Concession near the clubhouse stand ran out of hot water after serving one customer and a very long wait!This they explained after some difficulty in grasping the complex nature of what I needed (One cup of tea please).
So I walked the length of the ground to the Goldsmiths stand, where yet again the request of "One cup of tea please" seemed too difficult to understand. After a couple of requests the young chap managed to get the preloaded paper tea cup and hold it under the hot water dispenser and charge me £2.10, but only after I was able to tell him the price which despite being displayed on a board next to him he couldn't work out.
I bet you can guess what happened next - yes folks the water was cold! So I returned to the concession after about 30 seconds to be greeted (well not really)by the same youth who just stood there opened mouthed and confused when I told him that the tea he had just served me was cold.

Now I realise that these people are on minimum wage, but when it takes so long to get basic things right when you are pretty much the only customer, that's no excuse.

I have already given up on a beer before the game so I guess Mrs T's expensive Tea will have to go as well.

By the way the group next to us were complaining about the off taste of the beer - I don't think they returned them but I guess that's another group of customers lost.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Captain's Bar Fiasco yesterday
Arrived at 1:50 on Saturday for our pints of Cask (The only beer I drink at WR). Of the three pumps on the only bar that serves Cask one was not working, one was just producing froth and the other was either faulty or the young girl did not have the strength for a hand pull pump. Result was a very long wait and I had to lean over the bar and help the young girl pull the pints. I suggested they needed to get somebody over as many people only come in for Cask beer. When we went back for our second pint at 14:30 the queues were so long that we gave up. Some persevered but missed the start of the match. Appalling service with nobody apparently in charge who knew how to get three pumps working for Cask beer.
Come on Tigers you and your sub-contractor's need to do much better than this or we will need to do our pre-match drinking outside the ground.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

It's not the fault of the kids behind the counters. If they're not trained or experienced that the fault of the managers. Every year we start off with the same complaints before it improves. Having said that, the upper CAT (CNG or whatever its called this year) was fine for me and the wife.....
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I note there was an official apology on Saints offy about their bar facilities on Friday and a lengthy gripe thread on their unofficial forum looking very similar to this one.
Tiggywoowoo

Post by Tiggywoowoo »

Pukka steak and ale pie WR 6th September - £3.90

Pukka steak and ale pie Asda £1.50 or Ocado £1.69

Says it all really.

Reduce the profit per unit. Sell loads more. Make money. Not rocket science. :smt001
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Four pints on Saturday at the ABC, all with a totally excessive head - the first one was an inch and a half tall!

No offer of a top up, huffed at when asked for.

There was no half time prep at all in the bar, no pints waiting at all.

I'm sure it'll get better, but just making sure its heard...
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Just get beer outside the ground. There are plenty of pubs featuring in the Good Beer Guide or having their Cask Marque in Leicester. They serve full pints and they want your custom. You don't need me as a native of Walsall to tell you where to visit.
Tigers - true Champions!
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

No hand pumped Tiger after the game again, was told that they were changing the barrel. Strange how they always are when I want one. Decided on a cold one and got a strange tasting pint of Fosters (OK I mean it actually had taste but not the expected one.

Following the tea debacle last time we brought a thermos (no tartan rug though). Perhaps I should start bringing a barrel as well.......and my own referee as he was about as good as the catering outlet.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Abysmal again. Ten minutes to get served in a modest queue seat side of the Final Whistle after the game. Asked for a Tiger Cask, he went to serve a Tiger Smooth. I stopped him. He tells me Tiger Cask is finished.

One person serving the queue while his friend just sits on his shoulder. Beer prices up again. I only stayed for a quick pint while the crowds died down to cross up Tigers Way.

We truly have the worst bar service in the Premiership and by a long way.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

We've stopped going for a pint at the ground - we now go to the Parcel Yard before and after the game.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Iain wrote:Abysmal again. Ten minutes to get served in a modest queue seat side of the Final Whistle after the game. Asked for a Tiger Cask, he went to serve a Tiger Smooth. I stopped him. He tells me Tiger Cask is finished.

One person serving the queue while his friend just sits on his shoulder. Beer prices up again. I only stayed for a quick pint while the crowds died down to cross up Tigers Way.

We truly have the worst bar service in the Premiership and by a long way.
Only 10 minutes! You were lucky - I gave up after 30 minutes waiting on the Rock Bottom side or I would have missed my train back to London. My friend had waited to be served on the pitch side and had asked the youngster pulling pints of Guinness that were just sitting there why he kept doing it, rather than serve customers what they wanted. He answered that his 'manager' had told him to do it!!