Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by speedski »

Back to awful at the ABC against Glos. Long queues before the game, difficulty to know what was a queue and what wasn't. Nobody stopping piles of people loitering infront of the bar.

Taps constantly going wrong - people not serving the people infront of them.

No sign of the staff members there to co-ordinate the effort.

Ironically the staff behind the bar were great, its the rest of it which has gone significantly backwards.

Shame.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Even worse yesterday.

Pumps breaking again, new staff with clearly limited training.

No prepour before the game - some prepour at half time, but no enough.

The staff there to co-ordinate it appeared at half time but no where to be seen before kickoff.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Sounds like the ABC needs some work, but I really do feel the need to say again that the Final Whistle is beyond comparison with where it was earlier this season.

Though they still run out of hand pulled Tiger way too early still.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Iain wrote:Sounds like the ABC needs some work, but I really do feel the need to say again that the Final Whistle is beyond comparison with where it was earlier this season.

Though they still run out of hand pulled Tiger way too early still.
They had run out in the Captains bar with about 20 to go before kick off. Service better though.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Comment on Sale forum:

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 4,15134419
The catering manager at CSS should go to Welford Road and see how to cater for a decent sized rugby crowd. Separate food from drink, and have half your bar staff pouring drinks, and half serving. It was such a breeze to get served, and so astonishingly simpler, better, quicker and enjoyable than the hapless attempt that passes for service at Sale. It really is not difficult to get it so right.
If only they'd been here at the start of the season :smt030 :smt002 :smt023
palletman

Post by palletman »

The Sale poster must have been either in one of our boxes or having waitress service at a table somewhere! Would love to know which kiosk he is referring to! It just aint like that where we sit and gave up years ago cueing for very poor service! Sorry if it hurts but it is true.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Very likely the Final Whistle.

Seriously, the speed of service is excellent in there at the minute having been the absolute pits earlier this season. I was a vocal critic but will stick up for them now that they are worthy of the praise.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I would echo the improvements for the Captain's Bar which as much better now. Credit where credit's due :smt023
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Chaos resumed in the Upper Met-RX stand on Saturday, or as we prefer to call it.... normal service.

Lindleys, Simon Cohen, somebody from the club owes the fans a huge apology and a refund for serving half / three-quarter pints of poor quality beer all afternoon.

God knows how much viewing time was lost waiting for the poor staff to try and sort it out. The joke going up and down the stairs was 'did you go to Dublin for that Guinness?'

The club really do not give a damn as long as they have bums on seats.

Back to the disgraceful service of the last three seasons on Saturday, in the Upper Met-RX anyway!

I sent several 'texts' to the Tigers Customer Service Number but they also don't give a damn, as they obviously did nothing about it.

One positive - the steward, a young lad, who was positioned on our stairs was very engaging with people as they came into the stands. Really good to see and an example of what we should be looking for in terms of a 'match-day experience.'
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

The Final Whistle service was abysmil & pathetically slow on Saturday.
Hopeless.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I wasn't drinking on Saturday due to driving in, but there were several round us on the terrace who said that the bars had run out of lager.....that was before the first half had got more than halfway in. Not sure where they went to, but that's a recurring theme - the bars run out of one thing or another.

The club knows it's going to be a sell out, can they not communicate with Lindleys to ensure that there's sufficient stock in to serve everyone for the whole game??
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Tom Tom wrote:The Final Whistle service was abysmil & pathetically slow on Saturday.
Hopeless.
Really? I didn't find it so. It is still light years ahead of earlier in the season.

That said I did need to take a pint of Tiger back. Was debating whether to ask for it to be topped up or for a flake to be put in it.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

As usual - No Everards Tiger available on handpump after the game in the Final Whistle - Well they are only a sponsor after all. Made do with a slightly dodgy tasting Guinness.

Not really a catering issue - but will the club do anything about the stomach churning smell that frequently comes from the toilets behind the FW bar. Absolutely terrible and hard to believe that it isn't a health hazard.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark bar had to close before kick off, very long queues at 2-00 when I arrived, they had run out of guinness, I gave up, sat down, then saw them bring a jug of guinness in, before stewards arrived and stood by door not letting people in, then they closed the bar!

After game, no one in, suppose fans thought it would be closed, but could have just been peed off, they had pints of pre poured guiness going stale, then someone shouted, weve run out of Coke Cola.

They could not organise a p...... Up in a brewery. :smt010

By the way, when my friends arrived earlier, they were still doing staff training with no one at bar to serve them.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I asked for hand-pulled Tiger and when the first two pints came out flat and I tried to train the girl to pull it properly she merely said, 'I can't it's too hard to pull!'

Get your act together.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?