Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Northenlad

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by Northenlad »

Tiger_Dad wrote:On the whole though NL the general service provided by Lindley this year has seen a marked improvement.
Agreed, much in part due to your efforts. However, the phrase goes:

'You are only as good as your last game!'

If, after the best part of three long seasons of failure, they want to prove once and for all that they have finally turned things round, they need to step up to the plate for the London Irish game and home semi-final!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that labelling people as Morons, shows a lack of respect and social graces? By all means complain, but making it personal reminds me of the school playground.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Tigersunited, I believe the Home Secretary may be calling you shortly! She doesn't want to play in your gang anymore!

Perhaps you are right, it was a callous turn of phrase. I should have referred to them as 'incompetent nincompoops!'

Thanks for your self-aggrandizing retort incidentally!

:smt019 :smt022

P.S. I didn't have to look those words up! I was dragged up proper by me mam and dad!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigersunited wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else feel that labelling people as Morons, shows a lack of respect and social graces? By all means complain, but making it personal reminds me of the school playground.
Tigersunited, if you're referring to me, I feel justified in using the term. If a person in their late teens cannot mentally work out 10.75 - 3.75 = 7.00, they should not be in a position where they are handling money. It amazes me even more that she initially rang in £3.75 for the pint and then entered the amount of money she eventually took from me, i.e. £10. If she had taken the £10.75 I originally offered, the till would have told her I required £7 change. This would have meant she had the relatively simple task of finding a £5 note and 2 x £1 coins as opposed to the more strenuous ordeal of figuring out which combination of notes and coins make up £6.25.

FYI respect is earned and should not be automatically expected. I am always polite the first time I meet someone but, as in the case on Sunday, if that person shows themself to be incompetent, then I will regard them as such until they prove otherwise. Don't forget you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

I agree NL. If the guys and girls at Lindleys can keep up the good service that they've shown for most of this season then I think we've made decent progress.

This then becomes the benchmark for next season, where hopefully, we can look really polishing the retail experience...

I'm unable to make the Irish game so would appreciate if people would feedback their experiences - good and bad...

Thanks TD

P.S. BJ I have some sympathy with what you're saying but it's not the end of the world and please don't give up on them. :smt002
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tiger_Dad wrote:P.S. BJ I have some sympathy with what you're saying but it's not the end of the world and please don't give up on them. :smt002
TD, I won't be drinking at the ground for the rest of this season as I'll be driving to both matches (there's optimism!). Hopefully by the start of 2013/14, the young bar staff may have learnt some basic mental arithmetic.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Moron:

mo·ron [mawr-on, mohr-]
noun
1.Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2.Psychology .A person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Maybe BJ was merely using the correct psychological term. Inability to carry out basic maths might be considered one indicator of low IQ.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

IQ below 70 is probably below the threshold of this maths, which requires abstract reasoning as well as simultaneous addition and subtraction.

Just saying.

On non verbal reasoning tests a smart dog, such as a Collie might have a notional IQ of around that figure, but this doesn't readily transfer into human performance as much of the dogs behaviour blends instinct and cognition.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I've heard of St Bernards delivering brandy so maybe we could have Collies serving beer.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

:smt005
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Thought catering and bar service at Awards Evening this year AOK!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Perhaps Lindley's should have won 'most improved caterers' :smt002
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tiger_Dad wrote:Perhaps Lindley's should have won 'most improved caterers' :smt002

Let's not go overboard! But INHO they did OK on Tuesday!
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Ridiculous queues again in Upper CAT, so much money lost by the club!

Pre-pour works, but you need someone who is capable of using both hands at the same time!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Northenlad wrote:Ridiculous queues again in Upper CAT, so much money lost by the club!

Pre-pour works, but you need someone who is capable of using both hands at the same time!
Point of information.

Club does not lose money if Lindleys are poor. Lindleys have paid up front for the privalege of serving us.
Still keeping the faith!