Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by Goffer3404 »

Catering feedback?
Overpriced and not good quality with regards to the burgers I'm afraid.
The curry stuff is okay.
At least the ABC was quiet on Sunday.
:smt018
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Not surprising ABC was quiet, with a G & T costing approx £8 (wife on some sort of diet), girl serving did not have a clue what I had ordered, plus 2 beers total £15, my brothers first visit, he could not believe prices. (and no ice or lemon). :smt022

Bring back the days when the players served you after the game!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

£8 for a G&T? I would have queried that! Going by the mathematical prowess I've seen displayed by some of the bar staff in the Cat Stand, I wouldn't bet on some of them counting to eleven whilst keeping their shoes and socks on.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

You may be correct BJ, the young lady pulled a pint of guiness and a Tiger, then did not know what a Gin and Tonic was, so the supervisor came over and pressed a key on the till for a gin and a mixer, I could not believe it but stupidly I just paid up. I suspect she was a foreign student? I did recently query why my pint was so far down the glass but was told its the new glasses, but it did look short to me.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I don't want to swim against the tide here, but in the interests of credit where credit's due, I lost 2 receipts when I was in the 1880 lounge at the Montpellier game. I was facing the wrath of the Finance Manager so I speculatively contacted Lindley via their website. 2 days later, they sent me copies. Big thanks.
:smt030
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Goffer3404 wrote:Catering feedback?
Overpriced and not good quality with regards to the burgers I'm afraid.
The curry stuff is okay.
At least the ABC was quiet on Sunday.
:smt018
The ABC was quiet.

WRT the burgers my experience is that it depends on the outlet you use. The one outside the ground WR end Crumbie side I always find good quality and at £4.50 for a double cheeseburger good value!
Still keeping the faith!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I spoke with the supervisor yesterday about the price of my wifes G&T from last match, he agreed that there must have been a mistake, he gave me £2 refund. Thank you very much Tigers, very fair. :smt030 :smt001
RS

Post by RS »

I went in the Final Whistle bar on Sunday for the first time this season, we usually drink in the local pubs or the Drogs but I had a disabled mate with me so we headed straight to the ground instead. The problem is I just don't think the staff are trained properly but some of them don't give a damn. We got there just after 12 noon so no queues but I still had to break up a long conversation between bar staff about their social life to get served, then the lass thought Strongbow was a lager. Next visit to the bar was for 3 1/2 pints of Guinness and half a lager and the guy wanted £22-50 !! I politely suggested that was wrong but he was adamant, he got his supervisor and low and behold he had added an extra 2 pints of Tiger to the till.

It's a difficult balance for the club but the catering company need to step up or the club is going to lose out in the long run. Tigers need to look long and hard at that contract and start managing it effectively.
Frankers
Tiger Cub

Post by Frankers »

Biggest problem is inexperienced staff with minimum common sense, whilst in the queue on Sunday I watched the staff behind the bar... some had the look of what am I doing here.

Then some spivey looking bloke in a suit with a radio came up and told them to hurry up (players back out, half time), really not a clue from the management down.

Its about time Simon Cohen wandered down to take a look at what's actually going on in the bars and food outlets
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I agree with most posters about prices, whilst acknowledging the quality of Lindley's services. Last Sunday I paid £8 for what was essentially a chickenburger with a small basket of chips. I know that they have to make a profit but aren't they squeezing their exclusivity a bit particulsrly in the Tryline, XV & 1880 suites.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'd just like to feedback our experiences from the Exeter home game (23 March).

Our group stayed to watch the band under the main stand after the game. By 5pm the bars had run out of Tiger and cider - shambles! They also ran out of change and at one point tried to give us £6 in 5 and 10ps - are you kidding me? Others around us were being REFUSED to be served unless they could provide correct change - is this a bar or a bus service?

Incompetent staff don't help - we bought a round of 5 drinks but were only charged for 4 and this is a pretty regular occurrence at that bar :smt002

However, the blame for me sits higher up. Who is responsible for this farce? What is the name of the Tigers catering manager? The club need to look seriously at this and get it right. It isn't rocket science. Anyone with a basic understanding of supply and demand would do a better job IMHO.

The embarrassment of it all was that this was a Sunday game taking place 5 weeks after our last home match. How could everything be so under-prepared? If it had been a Saturday afternoon game there would have been a riot by 6pm. Three words: SORT IT OUT!
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

We use one of the facilities under the Goldsmith Stand. For the last 3 games my daughter has asked for sausage rolls, only to be told they are not ready. It's not as if the place was that busy at the time. No disrespect to the young staff serving, but they don't seem to have a clue.

They can just about manage to get the coffee orders right, but that's about it.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

After the Pests game in the Final Whistle I was yet again made aware that the 'system' in place is bound to fail for the market it purports to serve - there is still a distinct lack of any pre-pouring to prepare for busy times. Also, there continues the bizarre set up that so many staff are able to serve and yet not take money?! I was told that staff that are under 18 can serve (how??) alcohol but not take money! If under 18's are to be (legally!) employed they should be on different jobs than alcohol service. The poor chap stood next to me was waiting an age to receive change whilst the young girl just had to stand waiting for someone else to deal with the money. This has all been raised again and again on this forum so why is it still happening??!! I would love to stay at the ground for a post-match pint or two but will just spend my money in a local pub instead as I will not put up with such poor service (and no-one should have to these days). The end result is, again, dissatisfied Tigers fans (and visitors) and a great loss of revenue to the Club. :smt009
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

A couple of questions:

1) Does anyone of importance (with all respect to the majority) read this thread?

2) Is it hand pulled Tiger normally available in the Droglites bar?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

ourla wrote:A couple of questions:

1) Does anyone of importance (with all respect to the majority) read this thread?

2) Is it hand pulled Tiger normally available in the Droglites bar?

TigerDad was the user who was liaising with Lindleys and with Tigers about the situation, not sure if he still is.
The Club are 'aware' of this thread, can't say who "important" would read it though.
no idea about hand pulled Tiger beer, sorry. (I don't drink alcohol when I attend a match) hopefully someone else can tell you for sure.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother