Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback Forum-as at August 2012.

Post by GT1 »

I live in this century LE18 I am used to Lcd/Led not cathode ray tubes like you are :smt023
Did H play?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

TigerScot wrote:I do wonder if any of the feedback is being listened to.
In my experience the service in the Captains and ABC has much improved.

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I would agree with that Bill :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

No frozen off'

What's led?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

LED = light emitting diodes
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tiger Dad

I note that their have been mo complaints for some time.

Either

Things are now OK

Or

People have given up complaining!
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

It's the latter Bill, no point due to apparent apathy by Matthew Nicholson, Lindleys, Simon Cohen and Tigers!

The apathy does not apply to Tiger Dad, his efforts are very much appreciated!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The man from Lindleys attended the last supporters forum meeting, and I was impressed by their actions and determination to continue improving their service and offering.

They would also welcome any (sensible) ideas on what else they could offer, as well as feedback on service, and any ideas for improvement.
Valhalla I am coming!
HentonRd

Post by HentonRd »

Hi - my first ever post but I feel I must comment after my visit to the Gloucester match. I am a City season ticket holder and am used to a v.poor catering service at the King Power. I have to say this was matched by the shambles in the ABC bar pre-match and at h/t. Why oh why do bars not just pre-pour about 100 pints???? Queues would be minimised, limited waste and fans wouldn't miss the match. We, as fans, are not expecting beer like you get in a pub - the key requirement at a sporting event is speed of service.

So annoying on what was a great afternoon out!
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

I too am responding for the first time, as I was v disappointed with the amount of queueing and disorganisation in Captain's Bar at half-time. The outside bar was also slow. I missed our try through queueing for so long - although my mates said my absence probably brought them luck!
I agree re more numerous pre-poured pints: other clubs eg Worcester, have this sorted or at least better - why not us?
palletman

Post by palletman »

Happy New Year to you all on this posting.I gave up posting on this subject because as I said at the time i last posted both the club and the caterers gave lip service only to Tigerdad. He has worked so hard to try and get improvements in the level of service and quality of goods offered to us mere supporters. I have sat back and watched the comments posted seem to get worst and worst as well as seen the ques get longer and slower.
The last few postings say it all, no improvements noticed and same old comments coming back from those who control things. I spoke with a manager on the ground floor from the caterers in the autumn. He listened, smiled and said he would note my comments.He seemed to me to just be going through the motions so to speak. Improvements have not be achieved even though we have been promised an awful lot better service etc. O how I wished I ran the public catering! How many more years of this have we to put up with? Well actually we as a family dont, like others all our money gets spent up the town! Faster, cleaner and better service and quality.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

The food quality is awful with so little choice it is ubelievable. I'm not so daft as to think Tigers should be serving salads (which I hate BTW). but is there anywhere in the CAT stand where you can buy food which is neither high fat, wrapped in oily pastry or a pizza? You pay a fortune for it, are served by disinterested, grunting teenagers who have no idea what they are supposed to be doing or what stock they have got and to add insult to injury, you have to queue for ages to get their attention. If you are very lucky you will get back to your seat before the players come out for the second half - not guaranteed. Most people where I sit bring their own flask, sandwiches, biscuits and cake for half time munchies. Opportunity lost? I would say so, in spades.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by Bunchy »

I have loyally tried all the new outlets - the thing they share is low quality food, high prices and untrained staff. The curry shop under the Goldsmiths was so poor (cold curry and uncooked rice)at the Bath game I just got money back and tried elsewhere. The fried chicken under the CAT stand was so awful at the same game (this time it was raw which is not good for chicken) that I again returned it - the frustration with returning it was I had to queue all over again which took 20 mins !!!
The only thing of consistent quality is the gourmet burger van which also seems to have some good staff.
The bar in the lower CAT stand is also struggling. 30 minute queue before the game for a beer at the Gloucester game !!!!

The staff just really seem to struggle, although I do understand that need to keep costs down too and the realities facing the club in having irregular requirements for labour.

Money is going elsewhere in the city as a result of this - would have thought this would merit some reaction from the club
Less is more....
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Hi All - I agree the queues and some of the food was not acceptable for the Gloucester game. I've emailed Jason (Lindleys stadium manager) your comments and will feedback once I get his response.

Sorry, as otherwise it was a great day

Happy New Year :smt002
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Bunchy wrote:Money is going elsewhere in the city as a result of this - would have thought this would merit some reaction from the club
The apathy shown by the club is both disrespectful and arrogant quite frankly! They clearly have an attitude of "there's enough money being spent without you moaning lot on the forum!"

They are short-sighted in their business acumen and utterly clueless as to how much money they are losing every week by accepting low as a standard!

Thank god the rugby management is better than the match day experience management - they really all should be embarrassed by how long they have now let Lindleys and Matthew Nicholson get away with an exceptionally poor performance!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?