Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by wormus »

Well done to all on the Fans Forum for "Reaching the parts ..."
Let us hope Tiger_Dad can dust off his clip board & reconvene the Catering Meetings ala Wednesday 23rd May 2012 and this time involve Everards as it is their quality beer that is not being dispensed & sold.
I hope the "Incentives " apply to reducing the high beer prices and that the recruitment of 50 staff does not yet again increase the bar prices.
Let us have competitive prices with local pubs for once.
Roll on the next time I'm not Chauffeur !!! Well done Forum we are noticed.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Worse than ever.... Tried to get a pint before the game at the express bar next to the captains bar, 1 staff serving customers, went 30 mins into the game, still 1 staff serving customers and sold out of cider
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

A number of other improvements will also be in place for the Barbarians match this week, including:
All catering staff will receive additional basic skills training.
So that's where the member of staff got the line 'don't worry that'll settle' when she handed over my pint with over an inch of head on.

The volumes served when charging the prices Tiger are are very important.
Speed bar system to be introduced in the ABC Bar with additional tills.
Can only say, fail. Last night four tills. One of them closed. So thats once less than we already had.
Food service in the ABC Bar to be moved to the Crumbie Lounge.
The pie stand was at the back of the ABC - and it was full of people sat down.

The food area would be better placed on the right at the bottom of the stairs , use barriers from the bottom of the stairs to route the queues for the bar to the right - have ONE queue and four serving points. That way you don't have to play Russian roulette to decide which queue will go quicker and you aren't impacted by someone asking for 10 pints of Guinness (which is pertinent as last night there was only ONE working Guinness pump. Additionally the extra Heineken pumps were gone - I don't get it, why have a pump for a euro game and then remove it - its a way of getting beer out quicker is it not?.

You could even have the pie stand half way round the beer queue - as people are waiting for beer allow them to get food - captive market and all that :)

This would allow all the rest of the ABC from the bottom of the stairs back for people to sit and chat.

Additionally there was no signage to tell people food was separate etc.
New area for supporters to stand in the ABC Bar away from the service area.
There was no indication of this at last nights game.
Experienced Tigers supervisor to be introduced in the ABC Bar.
He was there last night, stood in front of the closed till point telling anyone who walked up to the empty serving point to go to the back of the three other queues.

Additionally he was heard to say 'you only have one working Guinness pump?' and stood there, didn't do anything about it, didn't flag it, didn't say 'sorry folks, bear with us, there's only one Guinness pump', nope people found that out when they got to the front of the queue to order the 6 pints they wanted...

Signage is needed, guidance is needed, I appreciate it won't happen overnight - but having the food at the back of a pile of people at a less than full game simply isn't a good idea.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Wasn't there but it sounds like there is still a lot of work to be done. Why O why can no-one from Lindleys sort this out? They have had loads of time to do this and someone comes up with different schemes which don't work most of the time and then we are left scratching our heads.

I have said this before on this thread and will say it again and again, food from food outlets, beer from beer outlets and never the twain should be mixed would be a start. No tea; coffee; bovril etc from beer outlets - from food outlets

Here are some pointers yet again from other clubs which I have suggested before and do again.

From Worcs

One pay till gives you a ticket printed out for the drinks ordered which you give to a free member of the bar staff further along who gives you the drinks from a pre-pulled stock. Other staff just pull beer continuously - one pulls guiness, one pulls larger and one pulls bitter.

From Newcastle

Have 2 pint plastic pots and loads of pre-pulled pints

From Sale

loads of prepulled pints

From Bath

Loads of prepulled pints

From Ulster

Load of prepulled pints

And I could go on about other clubs but I hope they get the message that the answer to many of the problems is PREPULLED BEER and staff designated to just keep on pulling before any order arrives. When they have to pull it when an order arrives - DELAY DELAY DELAY
Hehehehehehehehe
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Thanks for that Trendy, you've summed it up quite nicely. IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Credit where it's due. Seemed MUCH better in the Final Whistle today.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Iain wrote:Credit where it's due. Seemed MUCH better in the Final Whistle today.
As you said - credit where credit is due - most of my suggestions have been acted upon in the ABC but only time will tell with a big crowd present if they work.

There was more prepulled beer - well done
food had been removed from the bar - well done
there was more staff on duty - well done

The only main suggestion not acted upon was the 2 pint "glass" which reduces the need to go to the bar twice.

BUT WELL DONE LINDLEYS
Hehehehehehehehe
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I believe the well done should go to others, not Lindleys! They have demonstrated consistently they do not care about anything but profit, so other factors have kicked them up the backside to make changes!

The stadium was not busy yesterday, demonstrated by the lack of people in the concourses before the game, let's wait until this Sunday when it will be packed to see if the changes are effective!

One game does not a season make!

P.S. £2:30 for a bottle of coke - really! 200% more expensive than bringing it with you!
Last edited by Northenlad on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Check out the price for a bottle of water, we stopped buying it a long time ago.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

The arrangement in the Crumbie lounge re food & the tables all pushed to one side is ludicrous. It was quiet last Sunday but tables & chairs all on top of each other, both doors from the kitchens blocked for bringing hot good in & out, etc., etc. I'm sure H&S would have something to say.
If it's like that for a busy match, ie hopefully, this weekend, it will be mayhem :smt017

And are people aware that what will probably be the busiest match of the season ie last match of the season & a local derby - the ABC & Crumbie Lounge are going to be closed! (According to Crumbie Lounge staff). This is due to the work beginning on the end of the stadium & the offices moving in there. Wouldn't it be more sensible to wait just one more day?
Where are all the fans going to go? Nelson Mandela Park was suggested - not sure whether it was tongue in cheek......
Last edited by pipkoi on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pip
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

pipkoi wrote: Where are all the fans going to go? Nelson ?Mandela Park was suggested - not sure whether it was tongue in cheek......
That will be the Saints fans barbecueing ala Saffas of a few years back!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Bar service seemed fine in the Final Whistle before the match yesterday. However, had a hot dog fiasco at half time. Dipped out almost on the half time whistle with my 7yo daughter. Got in queue behind about 10 people at the hot dog kiosk. After about half of those were served, one of the two servers runs off, apparently to get more hot dogs. After a 5 minute wait he comes back with 5 more! After serving the next few there was only 1 left but guess what he was now out of rolls! These really are schoolboy errors.

Also, a bag of crisps is £1.10. We bought some the same from the shop up the road from the game for 55p. You don't mind paying a bit more but twice the price...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Bar service seems about a million times better in the Final Whistle at the minute. Well done to those that forced the changes.

Food service still not so good. Whilst my pie, mash, peas and gravy was very nice, it took a long time to serve, with the catering area manned by two staff who seemed to lack urgency. Also a lack of forks and serviettes made available, which took a long time to rectify.

But.... progress. :smt023
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

I waited until after the Wasps game and a reasonable crowd before I posted but want to thank all those concerned with implementing the new system in the ABC bar. People taking your money at the front, others pre pouring pints behind and food service moved. Great service, before the game and at half time. The differnce is nothing short of spectacular. The whole atmosphere from staff and punters is noticably more relaxed.

And the other good news for Tigers is because you can get it in a reasonable time our group of 4 is consuming an extra pint each!

Happy Days, long may it continue.
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Thanks for that Grumpy, I will let my granddaughter know you are pleased with the ABC service, she is new this year, she has now fixed people in her mind into different catergories, pre-pours a drink for her perceived grouping, which group do you fit into, young, lager, older and thin, bitter, older and a little wider on the waist line, guiness, away supporters guiness, ladies half or pint of cider? :smt030 :smt005