Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger_Dad

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Welcome back and good to see the feedback. You may expect some first day issues but I'm hoping after 4 years of improvements, albeit some of them slower than others, that this season Jason and his new recruits will keep waiting times to 10 mins or less and serve consistent, good quality food and beverages.

Pease continue to feedback your match day experiences...

Please eat and drink responsibly :smt002
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Service in ABC good on Sunday, although it detereotated slightly in the "last minute rush" partly because the lemmings rushed to the longest queues despite the efforts of those manning the shorter queses to redirect them.

The "middle" "In" signs appear to have become detached from their overhead suspensions - this doubtless did not help.
Still keeping the faith!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

In ABC/Marks bar(after watching rather good band in the park http://www.funksoulbrother.co.uk/?gclid ... sappointed that same tv's still there & barely watchable either turn them off or get new ones please!
On the plus side served quickly (although sausage roll price did stun my wallet somewhat)
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Beer quality has significantly improved it appears, so far.

I asked for two Guinness and a Bitter from the Guinness Bar in Upper CAT, only to be asked what bitter was!

I was also told that several of the staff in the Final Whistle Bar were only 17 which was why the queues were longer than at the first game of the season, as they could only perform certain tasks?
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Northenlad wrote:I was also told that several of the staff in the Final Whistle Bar were only 17 which was why the queues were longer than at the first game of the season, as they could only perform certain tasks?
So why are they employing 17-year-olds in the first place?

Oh silly me! Would it have anything to do with the fact the minimum wage for a 17-y-o is currently £3.68/hour whilst it's £4.98/hour for an 18-y-o.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

BJ - I would like to re-iterate that this is what I was told. I have no knowledge of whether it is true, or not!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Northenlad wrote:BJ - I would like to re-iterate (sic) that this is what I was told. I have no knowledge of whether it is true, or not!
Hey, I'm not getting at you, me owd. I just wouldn't put it past the caterers to do this. Profit over service to a captive crowd and all that.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The "speed" bar in the Captain's Bar yesterday was a farce. There was one young lad on the till who couldn't work it properly and just one pouring the beers, but only to order so it was the "incredibly slow bar"!!

I really hope they get this sorted before Saints, it was quiet yesterday, on the 5th it will be manic.

You can't really blame the kids it's the crass lack of basic training, although common sense is definitely not something the average teenager seems to be blessed with!
Soggypitch
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Can I just take this opportunity to thank the catering staff who supply and cook
the food for the new Try Line club. The menu is varied and the food quality is excellent.

After enduring a very painful 1 year in the XV club, I've found that the upgrade
to the new try line club well worth the extra £200 per year.
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

Hi New poster on here but long time supporter, I don't normally like to whinge but the service in the Captains bar on Saturday was woeful.

Now I appreciate it was heaving before the game and at half time and I can let slack service slide a little, but during the game when I needed some liquid fortification the kids working behind the bar didn't have a clue. I am not blaming them at all, they have literally been thrown in the deep end, but where were the supervisors or senior members of staff to give support/guidance?

I was not the only one frustrated with the situation and the long standing season ticket holder I was waiting with said it was the worst service he has ever encountered at Welford Road.

Im not moaning for moaning's sake as I would like my comments to be taken on board and some basic training be offered to the poor kids who have to put up with crusty old devils like me!
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

My experience is that the service in the Captains Bar, though not perfect, and they still have this issue of not all people can use the tills (why can't this be solved??!!)the service is much better than a year ago. I do see, however, that, not surprisingly, all seems fine until about 30 minutes when there is a big pre-kick off influx and not sure this can be completely overcome :smt030
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

For the record, service in ABC on Friday good!
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Service at the Guinness Bar in Upper CAT was excellent.

Dominos Pizzas were excellent!

Didn't go in the Final Whistle - got too fed up with :censored: beer and slow service!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Service in Captains Bar good today!
Still keeping the faith!
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Hopeless downstairs in the final whistle yesterday.
Started queueing just before 2.10. Atrocious slow service.
Result: missed the first four minutes of the game!