Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger_Dad

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback Forum-as at August 2012.

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Thanks for the feedback you two... The ABC and Mark easily copped with the full house - Minimal queues, good food & beer all round, especially the Hog roast...
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I cannot comment on whether supply now matching demand is a result of demand having fallen or supply improving. However, my experience is that supply is now matching demand and with good humour and courtesy.

A great improvement.

Many thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

The queues in the CAT are as long as ever. I just don't even bother anymore. So the £20 that I would normally spend in the ground now goes to a pub.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigerpete wrote:The queues in the CAT are as long as ever. I just don't even bother anymore. So the £20 that I would normally spend in the ground now goes to a pub.
I cannot comment on the service in the CAT since I do not go there.

Certainly the service in the Captains Bar has improved enormously.

Keep posting! Is it the bar queues? Or the food outlets? Or both that are unacceptable?
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Hi Tigerpete - Thank you for your feedback. I'll make sure Jason Burns (Lindley's Stadium Manager) is made aware of this and feedback to you.

To enable Jason to look in to your complaint could I ask:
1). Where in the CAT you experienced the long queues?
2). The approximate time you queued for?
3). And at what time - i.e. 20 mins before KO or at half time?

I know, as a general rule, one of Lindleys objectives is to keep queuing times to 10 mins. As you will appreciate, at sell out games and at peak times, this may not always be possible.

Thanks again for the feedback

TD

P.S. Bill, I'm so glad your match day experience was to your liking. I bet the post match beer was even sweeter!!! :smt002
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Tigerpete wrote:The queues in the CAT are as long as ever. I just don't even bother anymore. So the £20 that I would normally spend in the ground now goes to a pub.
Me too!I have given up buying in the ground.
What is being touted by Linleys Tigers & Co. is that 10 minutes is an acceptable time to queue. 10 minutes is too long to queue for anything when I am spending my money, unless of course it is cheap beer which it is not.
I am in the service industry and know about service. I have even run courses on it.
To all course delegates I pose this question.
"Ask yourself this,'what is worse, bad service or no service?'
At least with no service customers know where they stand and can plan accordingly.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Umm... so are you saying that Tigers should stop serving the 1000's of pints on a match day? :smt017

Can I ask what audience you cater for or lecture on? From what you say I don't think it can be large stadia as you would know that 10 mins queuing is perfectly acceptable during the peak times such as 20 mins before KO or at half time.

I would welcome more of your constructive feedback especially how you would propose to reduce queuing times further. It's always good to have people with industry experience and acumen.
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

This may have been mentioned before but why don't we have more mobile beer sellers around like they have at the heinkeken cup games. (with the large backpacks of beer).

I know they would only sell larger but this would free up the bar for those that wanted to drink real beer?
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Unfortunately VR it comes down to profits. The company that used to provide the hawkers couldn't sell enough pints to make it viable.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

At the Saints game - a friend went for beers at the beginning of half-time - there were 6 people in front of him - he missed 8 minutes of the second half!

Huge queues are not the issue!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

20 mins to get severed?.. What bar was this NL?
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Hi Nick, it was Upper CAT, Aylestone Road side, but the Guinness Bar in the middle is just as bad. Apologies for any facetiousness that may occur!

It has been said time and time again for the last 3 seasons now, that is not the size of the queues that is the problem! Until 3 seasons ago the service used to be fantastic, the drinks were good quality and therefore reasonably priced.

The size of the queues are the result, not the cause of the problem - anyone with half an inkling of business sense can understand this! (Apparently not though!)

There were only 6 people in front of my mate and I was corrected last night as he actually missed 13 minutes of the second half even though he was in the queue within a minute of the second half finishing.

I used the new text service to vent my frustration! I was obviously frustrated, but polite, but it was obvious that after 3 seasons I was at boiling point.

Laura did call me, but I felt it better not to let her take the flak for Lindleys inept attitude and ability.

For the last 10+ years we meet up as a group of 10-15 people at Tigers and there are now only 3 of us that actually drink at the club before and/or after the game. This is truly indicative of a significant number of peoples' attitude to the service that Tigers provide. Let's make no mistake, Tigers offer a poor match day experience compared to other professional sports venues (unless you are corporate).

I am also saying the above, not because I enjoy complaining, but because I care and when I invite people to Tigers I don't like saying - be prepared for a long wait in a queue for poor quality, over-priced drinks (they are over-priced because it is poor quality).

I imagine a lot of people set expectations of visitors like this when going to Tigers!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Thank you NL for taking the time to post. I'll speak to Jason and get back to you.

TD
arickett

Post by arickett »

Poor service is not just a issue at the bars last game I went for coffee (upper cat free standing table).

A queue of 4 in front of me and 2 people serving throught I was on to a winner but 20 minutes later I was still waiting for me black tea and black coffee. The coffee arrived and I had to remind them about the tea 5 minute after that. I was on the way back to me seat with a white tea and black coffee.

At my church a 86 year old lady retire herself from the tea round as she was getting to slow but she would easy sever 15 - 25 people in that time and I would have had the drinks I ordered.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

That's very poor. I'II get Jason to have a word with the guys...