Another home grown player for Saffas - not !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Another home grown player for Saffas - not !

Post by rocktop51 »

Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Another home grown player for Saffas - not !

Post by Jose »

He said: "Everybody in SA rugby follows what is happening at Saracens, and I'm looking forward to joining a club that continues to break new ground in so many ways."

'Everybody in SA rugby follows what is happening at Saracens' = we're all being offered nice fat contracts in £ rather than ZAR.

'I'm looking forward to joining a club that continues to break new ground in so many ways' = bring on the cash and lets hope they continue to break new ground in their total disregard for the salary cap.

Oh to see it all come crashing down......
Joe The Tigers Fan
Fritzvanheerden
Tiger Cub

Post by Fritzvanheerden »

Despite the fact that Sarries have become the new wasps (insects)
for tigers fans to hate I really could not care less about them.

yes they cheat the cap i think all clubs do to some extent - is it
really regulated anyway ? Ashton will fit right in there ego size of a house crowd the size of a school game - wages the size of everest.

The rent a mob is annoying i grant you - the constant south african
francises attempts however annoying have probably saved them they got some good players and a slightly different dimension to them. - wasps tried to branch out to foreign countries without the same branding for support and they are close to adminstration.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Jose wrote:Oh to see it all come crashing down......
There will be a lot of people (well maybe only a few) holding their fez heads in their hands mumbling 'where did it all go wrong?' One day this will all go horribly wrong as their wealthy backer (who has never even attended a matchas far as I know!) decides he has become bored and decides to sponser another project ..... cricket anyone?
Always a Tiger
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

He must be the first player to arrive at the club with out spouting "Something Special" diatribe that most players say when they join the club. Maybe he thinks they're not that special after all and has just gone for the money.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

When did they sign Paul McKenna? How are they brain washing people into thinking there is "something special happening" there.
I just can't see it, will we ever find out?
My thoughts have gone out of the window with their most comings and goings.
Are they going to expand the francise into the super15? meaning their large SA player base can return home? is that why they are so excited after their visit to watford?
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

Why do so many people protest so much about Saracens? They do have a more recent history of winning the Premiership than we do. Their new stadium is likely to be pretty impressive, and another strong team may not be good for us, but will ultimately be good for the premiership won't it? Why don't people wish them well rather than hoping they fail? Is it because secretly we are a bit scared of them, just as we were of Wasps for many years, and of Bath before that? :smt017
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Pot, Kettle, Black etc. We have signed another South Sea Islander - not exactly home grown! Castro, Ayerza, Muli, Newby, Waldrom, Salvi, A Tuilagi, Agulla, Mafi Hmailton, Murphy but to name a few who are not home grown! Even the likes of Flood, Parling Brookes, Young (M), Tait, Benjamin, are not home grown, if you mean Leicestershire as home!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Sorry, but the way they play rugby is not good for the premiership.
Boring football, kick kick kick. If this changed then great, play some rugby and we will all enjoy watching. It is for us a spectators sport.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Their new stadium is likely to be pretty impressive
It's an athletics track with a temporary stand and an artificial pitch, hardly the Cake Tin. The reason Saracens attract so much ire is that they defy the fan-driven ethos of rugby that is a source of great pride to clubs like Tigers and instead bend the knee to soulless businessmen like Johann Rupert, heir to one of the world's largest tobacco conglomerates. If he was to suddenly up sticks and leave the team and their dwindling fanbase to fend for themselves their supply of very talented and well-paid imports would dry up in a heartbeat.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

"We hated Bath" because they were our (only) rivals;

"We hated Wasps" because of "big mouth" Dayglo who insisted on telling us how great he was and putting down Cozza;

"We hate Saffas" largely because of "big mouth" Ventner and the "something special" that lead to him retreating to SA to foster the clubs washing operations in that country.

We took no pleasure from Baths disasterous financial management and flirtation with league players. We took no pleasure from Wasps disasterous financial management and decline in the league that has almost lead to administration. We will take no pleasure when Saffas also fall from grace.
Still keeping the faith!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Pot, Kettle, Black etc. We have signed another South Sea Islander - not exactly home grown! Castro, Ayerza, Muli, Newby, Waldrom, Salvi, A Tuilagi, Agulla, Mafi Hmailton, Murphy but to name a few who are not home grown! Even the likes of Flood, Parling Brookes, Young (M), Tait, Benjamin, are not home grown, if you mean Leicestershire as home!
Agree those players named are not home grown, however, it maybe a case of loyalty, Murphy, is Leicester through and through. A Tuilagi, not sure and sure someone will tell me otherwise, but think he has only ever played for us in the English premier leauge for 8 years?? Castro turned down Stade and a kings ransom to stay with us. So although they are not home grown, the point may be the fact that those players cannot be considered mercenaries, as i would suggest that some SArries players maybe considered to be.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

CitizenSmiff wrote:
Their new stadium is likely to be pretty impressive
It's an athletics track with a temporary stand .
If it is a temporary stand then so is the Cat stand at Tigers.
I have no reason to like Saracens but you are talking nonsense.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

you are talking nonsense
Not an unusual state of affair to be sure. You're right, the ground will in fact provide comfortable seating in a permanent stand for at least 30 people.
http://www.vanityprojectfanzine.com/foo ... own002.jpg
http://www.copthall-application.co.uk/Images/Site.jpg
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Is that the real stadium?