We Should Celebrate

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

We Should Celebrate

Post by RugbyTiger »

We should celebrate not moan about yesterdays game !! Look where we were earlier in the season - we were darn lucky to get to Twickenham !!
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: We Should Celebrate

Post by sapajo »

RugbyTiger wrote:We should celebrate not moan about yesterdays game !! Look where we were earlier in the season - we were darn lucky to get to Twickenham !!
Indeed! darn lucky but also darn hard graft from both the players, coaches and management. Shame that we could not bring our A game yesterday when it ultimately mattered the most :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Absolutely agree. We DO NOT have a divine right to win, other teams show that they, too, can play and beat us. This is ultimately for the good of the sport.

I am just pleased we did end up with some silverware this season (better than last) and the players have shown us that the Leicester dog is back!
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

So true both of you. There was a lot of hard work went on behind the scenes but we shouldnt just expect to win as some people on here think !!
Carole

Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

Well said Rugbytiger and Fentiger. A breath of fresh air to read balanced and sensible comments. It was a great game yesterday. Once Tigers went ahead I thought they could win, but it was not to be. Quins played a great game and made fewer errors (that the ref spotted).
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Yes, don't get me wrong. I'm as gutted as the next man. However, along with many other supporters I had my eyes opened early in the season. Suddenly I had to accept that Tigers are, after all, mortal. We lost SEVERAL matches at Welford Road. Unheard of, heads must roll (I admit I was, and to some extent still am, in the unsure-about-MOC camp). But look where we ended up, I'll take it thanks very much. Onwards and upwards next season, could it be our turn for the HC?
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

When we lost to Leinster in the Heineken Cup final a few years back, it seemed obvious that we had just played one game too many. The same was true yesterday; after the intense and monumental effort it took Tigers to get to the final, you can see that this may have been one game too many.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't push on next year, though. We may have players moving on but Mafi, Kitchener, Youngs, Harrison, Ford, Smith, Cole, Salvi (and more) have all developed into great players and will be instrumental in winning us trophies next year.
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

Zdzislaw wrote:Well said Rugbytiger and Fentiger. A breath of fresh air to read balanced and sensible comments. It was a great game yesterday. Once Tigers went ahead I thought they could win, but it was not to be. Quins played a great game and made fewer errors (that the ref spotted).
Thanks. What we should be doing is celebrating the fact that although we had a bad start to to season because of so many of our great players missing because of the world cup, the team pulled together and got us back into the top four. That was some doing !!
Carole

rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

About time someone spoke like a supporter and not a whinger! Am I disappointed - yes. Am I confident about the future - yes. Form comes and goes but class is permanent . :smt038
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Hear hear. :smt023
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

:smt035 Won't you come to the mission, won't you come?
You get a free cup of tea and a bun. :smt035

All is superb in this Panglossian world. :smt011

A slow roll downhill from a great height is still a roll downhill. Wasps jumped off a cliff. Both methods lead to the bottom.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Seeing our performances in the second half of the season and the youngsters that are coming through (and being played), I think we are moving in the right direction. Some potentially good signings as well (that may give us a plan B in the backs) and no world cup, we should have an even better season (so two cups at least!).

On the comment that we perhaps just couldn't keep our form going to the end - happens to the best of them. Leinster lost to Ospreys today so failed in their attempt to complete a European and League double.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

We should indeed celebrate a fine season post RWC, and the LV Cup success, even if it no longer a competition of the stature it used to be.

Yesterday we were second best, very inaccurate, unlucky in a couple of calls, and gave Nick Evans too many free shots at goal. We only lost by 7 points. We also now have a 19 yr old fly half who has played in a major final in front of 80,000 people (and did quite well too considering), which can only be a good thing. :smt001

Well done Quins. :smt001
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Why should we celebrate being the second best team in England for 2 years in a row? We have been in the last 8 finals and only won 3 of them and that is not a good record at all.

We should aspire to be the best club in Europe as we once were but it will not happen if we begin to look at a runners up spot as a cause for celebration.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kingol22 wrote:Why should we celebrate being the second best team in England for 2 years in a row? We have been in the last 8 finals and only won 3 of them and that is not a good record at all.
Indeed, but rather than look at all the negatives from one match, confidence needs to be taken forward to next season from the performances in the second half of the season (bar Exeter away perhaps) - even the scruffy win at Sarries.

Tigers used to be very good at squeezing results out of tight games (citing both HC final victories as an example!); a skill that certainly has eluded us in the last two premiership finals!