Final Team - Flood on bench

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Final Team - Flood on bench

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

iceman_19 wrote:if the three you mention AND Staunton were injured in training, who do you think would start at 10? Geordan? Youngs (used to be a 10 at school)?
Good question. It'd have to be Geordan; he's got a brain and Hamilton isn't shabby cover at fullback!

Youngs has probably played himself out of ever being a 10. It's one of those positions that, beyond Geordan, I'd rather go with an academy 10 than another full squad member out of position. At least they'll have some idea about what they were doing.
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

My guess is that Flood will be on the bench and is only 80% fit, good enough to play if we're in need of some magic or Ford has a wobble (although I'm sure he won't!).

If he wasn't match fit I would of thought Cockers would of announced Flood as starting, only to be a late withdrawal to keep Quins guessing. Not much point in saying he's on the bench only to do the same.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Flood needs to be a close to 100% or should not be in the squad, a player can go down very early in a game, I remember an England game it the dim past when a back row player got injured at the kick off, Flood should be capable of playing 80mins to make the squad, I expect 12T on the bench come kick off. If Flood was fit he would start, no relection on Ford Flood at present is better.

Rest of team is as expected although I'd have Kitchener & 12T in the starting line up.

RC must use the bench tommorrow as it will be a 23 man game tommorrow with the temperature.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
BT
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by BT »

Castro simples
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Unsurprisingly Flood is out and Twelvetrees is in. Smoke and mirrors
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan