Adding ESPN For Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BelperBiff

Adding ESPN For Final

Post by BelperBiff »

Happy house, just added ESPN to Sky sports package, £9 for 31 days :smt038 Not bothered about the other 30 :smt003
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Adding ESPN For Final

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BelperBiff wrote:Happy house, just added ESPN to Sky sports package, £9 for 31 days :smt038 Not bothered about the other 30 :smt003
their coverage is really good having Austin and Ben Kay giving the viewpoint from both a Forward and Backs POV during the game is a bonus for me, they are both impartial as well despite their obvious links.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

we got it before the semi - coverage was excellent and a lot longer program too.
cheers
Rich
paulodipoggio

Post by paulodipoggio »

Glad you have it sorted but really get me as a Sky Sports mug (subscriber)paying over £40 per month to watch rugby and the cricket Tests (no interest in football) that the RFU/Clubs/Premiership sell out half or more of the biggest games to ESPN - yes they are good and even better no Barnes - but please can we have one or the other?
JCJD

Post by JCJD »

I agree, money well spent to not have to listen to Barnes. I have taken to watching the sky games on mute, he really does annoy me that much. I am a very happy person and do not get wound up easily, but Mr Barnes seems to have the perfect formula for pressing just the right buttons!

I do not watch football either, so the cost of the full package being £100 a month is fierce, but a necessary evil having moved away from Ashby-de-la-Zouch by the sea!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

BelperBiff wrote:Happy house, just added ESPN to Sky sports package, £9 for 31 days :smt038 Not bothered about the other 30 :smt003
You could always go down to the George. I'm sure Craig will have the match on the big screen.
Last edited by BJ. on Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

paulodipoggio wrote:Glad you have it sorted but really get me as a Sky Sports mug (subscriber)paying over £40 per month to watch rugby and the cricket Tests (no interest in football) that the RFU/Clubs/Premiership sell out half or more of the biggest games to ESPN - yes they are good and even better no Barnes - but please can we have one or the other?
I understand some frustration here, but you have to remember that SKY only ever broadcasted 1 match a week on average, which they still do, and ESPN show 2 extra games. So it's not as if SKY got any worse value that it ever was, it's just there is a choice if you want to pay to have 2 extra matches per week....
Less is more....
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

im a sky sports subscriber and i phoned up to see about adding espn , was quoted £9 for the month , which i decided against

i asked if they could do anything to reduce my sky bill , they said no but did offer me espn free for a month ( i think she was a rugby fan) :smt001
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

jeffers wrote:im a sky sports subscriber and i phoned up to see about adding espn , was quoted £9 for the month , which i decided against

i asked if they could do anything to reduce my sky bill , they said no but did offer me espn free for a month ( i think she was a rugby fan) :smt001
or its the summer and ESPN doesn't have much apart from Baseball and MLS from now until August
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have just phoned Sky to cancel my ESPN Package during the summer and was informed that I would lose any ESPN recordings that I had on my Sky HD box.

Not very happy about that.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

How easy was it to add the ESPN for 31 days? and more importantly is it easy to cancel and ensure you don't get robbed for ever?!

I must admit the whole sky sports thing gets on my T...

I never watch football - ever - and yet that is where the vast majority of this money is going. Why do they not put football on sky 1 and 2 and everything else interesting like Rugby cricket and boxing on 3 and 4 and charge according to how much each sport costs - Hopeully then I could dispense with the football dross and pay less therefor afford/justify ESPN - that way everyone would be happy - except of course football fans who be paying so much hopefully they would stop paying and consequently the imbecile millionaire footballers would have to play for 2 million a year instead of 5 million!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbeat wrote:I have just phoned Sky to cancel my ESPN Package during the summer and was informed that I would lose any ESPN recordings that I had on my Sky HD box.
Can you not back them up to DVD?
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

I called to add and in the same phone call cancelled too. She did say a few people were doing this and that i would lose any recordings i had made..
cheers
Rich
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

BJ. wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:I have just phoned Sky to cancel my ESPN Package during the summer and was informed that I would lose any ESPN recordings that I had on my Sky HD box.
Can you not back them up to DVD?
I have backed some of them to DVD Recorder and DVD but it is takes time.......just need to find it and the picture quality is not as good.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbeat wrote:I have backed some of them to DVD Recorder and DVD but it is takes time.......just need to find it and the picture quality is not as good.
Well, if it's a choice betwen losing them or keeping them, ...